Chapter XIV | La La Land

You Are My Spring | Minayeon AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Main characters featured in this chapter:

        

♡━━━ April | Tzuyu's PoV ━━━♡

After months practicing, learning how to act, to sing and memorizing countless lines, the moment in which we would finally put all our hard work into action had arrived. In other words, today is the play exhibition, and it would start in just a few minutes.

I was already in my costume, and Jihyo and Suzy were styling my hair. I was feeling incredibly nervous about performing in front of an audience, so Dahyun was trying to calm me down by telling jokes and they were so bad that I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Don’t worry, Tzuyu, I’m sure you’ll do amazing,” Dahyun said, trying to cheer me up with her contagious energy and winking. “And with these looks, honestly, you were born to be a star.

“What about me, Dahyunie?” Momo cutely asked, on a chair beside me while being styled by Nayeon and Seulgi, who were currently combing the short-haired wig they put on her.

Dahyun cheerfully smiled at Momo and approached her, placing her hands behind her back and saying, “Of course you too, Momo-unnie. This short hair really suits you.”

“Thank you, Dahyunie~,” Momo replied with a smug smile and Nayeon rolled her eyes.

Jimin was peaking through the curtains. “Wow, there’s a lot of people out there… I think there are even more people than what our usual plays have,” he said, sounding impressed.

“Yeah, having two people outside from the drama club performing must have made people curious,” said Nayeon, patting Momo’s shoulder. “Okay, you’re ready.”

“Not to mention Tzuyu-ya is really popular, and Momo is already famous here for her dancing abilities,” Jihyo said, squeezing my shoulders as she could probably feel my tension.

I took a deep breath as an effort to calm down. Knowing that all these people were outside, expecting an amazing performance, made me feel even more nervous. “Jihyo-unnie…” I weakly muttered, looking at her. “I don’t know if I can do this.”

“I know you’re nervous, Tzuyu-ya… but I believe in you,” she said, in a reassuring tone. “You worked really hard for this.”

“Don’t worry, Tzuyu-ya, I’ll be there with you,” Momo winked at me, doing a thumbs up sign. “It’ll work out just fine, you’ll see!”

I nodded at them. Despite still feeling anxious, this was something I had to overcome, and all of my friends were here to cheer me on. Jihyo smiled knowingly at me and placed a kiss on the top of my head.

“It’s starting soon,” Suzy said, also sounding slightly nervous. “Alright, this is it guys, I trust in all of you.”

And so, there was no longer any chances to run away, this was something I had to do. When the time came, I stepped outside the curtains and could see a crowd bigger than I had expected.

Everyone in the archery club was here to support me, and all of our friends were also among the audience. Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung, Mina, and Sana. All smiling encouragingly at me and unknowingly managing to give me a burst of confidence.

Before I knew it, I was having a great time on stage, with Momo being an incredibly fun partner to interact with. The highlight of the play was the famous scene from the movie, ‘A Lovely Night’, in which Momo and I burst out dancing under a beautiful night sky.

The audience erupted into applause as the play was finished, and after bowing, we returned to the dressing room, immediately being welcomed with cheers from the drama club members.

“You two did so well!” Dahyun exclaimed, beaming and clapping her hands.

“We sure did,” Momo agreed.

“You should consider entering the drama club next year, Tzuyu-ya, you have talent,” Nayeon said.

“What about me?” Momo asked, pouting.

“You’re not gonna be here next year!” Nayeon answered, laughing at her friend. “Did you forget we’re graduating this year?”

“Oh… right,” Momo answered, scratching her chin, and we all giggled at her.

“I appreciate the offer, Nayeon-unnie, but I think this was a one-time thing,” I said, responding to her previous suggestion. “It was a pretty interesting experience though.”

Honestly, the only reason I did this was that Jihyo asked and I couldn’t deny her request. And as fun as this was, it’s a bit too much for someone as shy as me to do constantly.

“Thank you again for doing this, Momo and Tzuyu-ya,” Jihyo said, smiling brightly at us. “You guys saved us, and your performance was really good!”

“Plus, Tzuyu-ya looks better than the guy from the movie, right?” Said Sana as she walked in the dressing room, beaming at me, her comment causing me to blush a bit. “Momoring also looks beautiful in this yellow dress.”

“True, you look so good, Tzuyu-ya, I bet you made the entire audience fall for you,” Momo said, suddenly hugging me.

Jihyo was smirking while looking in our direction, she whispered something into Nayeon’s ears and then said, “We should all go out to celebrate.”

“Yes! Momo deserves to be rewarded with food,” Momo said, clasping her hands together.

“You’re unbelievable,” Nayeon laughed, shaking her head and putting her arms above Momo and Dahyun’s shoulders. “C’mon, let’s go ahead and find the others to ask them to go.”

“You guys catch up with us in a bit,” Jihyo said, walking out of the room with the other three girls, leaving me and Sana alone.

The Japanese girl was smiling at me in a weird way, the intensity of her stare making me blush, so I cleared my throat, staring at the floor since I couldn’t keep up with her gaze. I heard Sana’s footsteps as she was walking towards me, and before I knew it, she wrapped her arms around my neck.

The sudden contact prompted me to look at her again, and I gulped when I realized how close she was to me, my face turning redder each second that passed and my senses beginning to lose their strength. I squeezed my eyes shut, not managing to look at her until I felt her lips on my cheeks and opened them again in surprise.

“This is a reward for working so hard for the play,” Sana whispered playfully, giggling and probably feeling amused at how embarrassed I was.

Why is she teasing me so much? It feels like she wants to drive me crazy. My lips were slightly parted as I wanted to say something. Anything. Or maybe finally tell her how I feel.

But in the end, I ended up being a coward again, unable to say anything as she finally let go of me. She was smiling sweetly at me and said, “We should go meet up with the others.”

I simply nodded in reply, but then I remembered I was still in my costume and said, “W-Wait, I need to change back into my normal clothes.”

“It would be funny to go out with you and Momo dressed up like La La Land characters, but alright,” she replied, chuckling. “I’ll be waiting for you here.”

When I was back in my school uniform, Sana was beaming at me and held my hand, making me shyly smile. “Are you ready?” She asked, and as I nodded, we both left the room in search of the others.

♡━━━ June | Mina's PoV ━━━♡

 

As Sana left to congratulate everybody who participated in the play, Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung and I were still at our seats inside the auditorium. I was amazed by how much e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter