Welcome to the Radcliffe

Mutual Redamancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DISPLAYING THE MOST DELIGHTED LOOK ON HIS FACE, Jaemin accepted the few layers of bill from the customer, and then handing the elder lady the bouquet she had paid for. Her lips shrivelled into an overjoyed smile, siding the bold beauty mark on her chin, creasing her wrinkled forehead even more as her eyes glowed at the sight of the freshly wrapped sunny yellow arum lilies with blush coloured heathers and coiled fiddlehead ferns, before walking off to the nearby unperturbed sitting area.

Just a few days ago, when the clock strike twelve, the main hall of Gangbuk High, a place they used for formal examinations, was barged open by the seniors. Raucous chattering, yippy shouts and victorious cheers echoed through the halls as they finished their final exams. Jaemin could never explain the easeful feeling he had at that moment, watching everyone from his year group celebrating their last exam ever in their school life, before graduating. He did felt a bit down, but the tight arm of his lover around his waist and Renjun enthusiastic chortles made him grinned.

So, days before that he had been in search for a job, to fulfil his summer break and earn his own money from his own pure blood, sweat and tears before entering university. Jaemin wasn't going to burden his parents, he was going to change and become a much more mature person than before.

And there he was now. A plain pickled green blazer dressed his body, tucked into his long black neat trousers wrapped in a leather belt around his waist, with a gold oval shaped nametag pinned to his chest. He stood behind the counter, as the shelves behind him filled with small ornament and souvenirs that were all exhibited proudly as a tall thin stand of prepared beautiful bouquets.

Jaemin would say, he liked being the flower boy and souvenir seller of the Radcliffe Hotel. Even though he couldn't get a good handful of customers a day, which would kill the bore out of him, he enjoyed watching the people entering the glass spinning door, with their suitcases and hefty bags. But what he found more entertaining were the employees that ran the place. Let's just say they weren't the most ordinary people of all. Just absurd.

Jaemin lured his eyes to the two workers not far from his counter.

"Now Jungwoo, don't move too much up there," Said a tall heighted man in gross pickled colour overalls, "I'm just going to grab the lightbulbs from my secret lab," He gaggled, letting out the most unusual piercing giggle from a grown man like him.

The guy up the ladder stood on the highest step, his hands on the chandelier above him, "You m— mean the hotel's basement?"

"Oh shush," He spitted, "A man can dream."

"Johnny, y— you think this ladder in safe," Jungwoo mumbled, "I'm s— scared of heights and it feels kind of wobbly..."

Johnny waved his palm, "Not to worry Jungwoo. This tall boy is the safest ladder we have," He assured, "And the only one that's shiny!"

"It's the only metal ladder we have, all the wooden ones have fallen in pieces," Jungwoo noted, "Quickly get the bulbs before I fall!"

Johnny the maintenance man of the Radcliffe Hotel. When Jaemin first came first day, he remembered the man entering the room on a bell cart that was apparently controlled by a mobile car remote, to the staff lounge where all the employees were meeting for a welcoming introduction. He was rather strange and Jaemin wasn't going to lie, Johnny did scare him a bit. Jungwoo the bellhop was the total opposite. He was very timid, and a big scaredy-cat. Whenever the manager calls him, Jaemin would always see his shoulder's shiver, then prattled over to him with his clumsy moves.

Jaemin rested an elbow on the wooden counter, leaning his cheek on his palm. He had all his hopes on the ladder, hoping that Jungwoo's weight wouldn't be crushing it anytime sooner.

"Doyoung!"

The called manager clasped his hands together, "Ah! The person I just wanted to see. Hendery I— "

"You know I'm going to Yangyang's beach house for his baby Octavius's third birthday party and already ordered a cab?" The young man said, having a pleased smile on his face.

Mr. Kim raised a brow, "Let me guess, it's his eighth child?"

"It's his dog."

The manager winced and then fixed up his suit, "I'm sorry Hendery, but you're not going to that party."

Hendery scrunched up his nose, "Why not? It's not like I'm out every night."

Giving a look at the young man, Mr. Kim lifted up two magazines with the top headlines reading; Radcliffe Rocking the Night Life! and Party Out with Hendery Radcliffe!

"Oh, that..."

Mr Kim scoffed, "Your father had strictly told me not to let you out, especially at night," He stern, "Until your grades improve."

Huffing, Hendery groaned, "When will daddy realise that me and learning don't go together?"

"It's actually learning and I."

"Huh?"

Holding the need to slap himself in the face, Jaemin balled his palm and tightened his teeth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter