Winter Fling

Mutual Redamancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THE SIGHT OF SMALL FLAKES OF CRYSTALS FALLING HAD NEVER LOOKED SO APPALING TO HIS EYES. Renjun lifted his chin up and stared at the floating snowflakes that glide breezily from the flossy cloud in the sky, decorating the trees to make them seem all covered in a thick layer of powdered sugar. Not only the trees were blanketed, but everything else was also layered under the incoming snow, making the whole of the small city glimmer and sparkle like ice.

“Winter has finally arrived,” Muttered the male next to him, “I don’t remember the last time the snow looked this pretty.”

Renjun simpered at the sentence, heaving a light sigh that turned into a small fog fleeing his lips. A snowflake then dropped down slowly on his nose, making him cross his eyes as he gazed at the white crystal.

The two had arrived in front of a building. It used to have small pots of beautiful plants that decorated the rectangular windows of the place, as well as tall trees standing by the main entry. But all the colours it had that gave life was covered by the cold snowfall. That didn’t took away the liveliness the building had. At the very top, it had the words Sunflower Elementary written in bold block letter than seemed to jump out of their places, with a golden banner hung up under it. Welcome to the Winter Fling!

The honey led male had been crossing his calendar out for this day with his glittery red ink pen, because he could never forget it. He could never forget that this day would mean a lot to a little fella he cared about. The little fella who was left by his parents. The little fella who happens to be the cousin of someone he adored. The little fella called Eugene Kang.

Renjun exactly remember a few nights before, where the two cousins had come by to his house for dinner. He never really planned it, it was Mrs. Huang’s idea. She told her only son that she was cooking something really special that night and demanded of him to bring some friends over. Not that Mrs. Huang hated Jaemin. Oh no, it was the total opposite. She adored him so much that Renjun felt one day Jaemin would replace him! Mrs. Huang wanted Renjun to bring over different friends.

The honey haired male nippily said he had no other.

“Then what about that guy who had sent you home that time?”

Renjun obviously knew who she meant. So he had no other choice but to invite Chenle over with Eugene trailing behind him, having the most pleased smile when he entered the Huang house hold. The lady adored the little boy as well as Chenle, and almost over fed them with her freshly smoked meat.

Remembering that night, Renjun felt his lips fell into a reflex smile.

“Renjunie, later at the Winter Fling, find the one wearing a green hat with elf ears!” Eugene had blustered at him, “I’m so excited!” 

A gloved hand tugged his arm, flinging Renjun out of his deep and tempting thought. He quickly glanced up to see Chenle, he couldn’t see the lower half of the younger’s face as a red scarf had wrapped around his neck, but Renjun could feel him smile warmly under it. The Chinese male then pulled Renjun inside, entering the crème coloured building and showing the invitation card to the lady by the counter.

Chenle’s hand had slipped down from the lower part of his arm to grip the other’s soft mittens and holding it snugly like they were meant to be together. While waiting behind the short queue, Renjun had buried his face from his chin to the tip of his nose under his thick coat, hiding the warm frenzy that glowed on his cheeks, gazing at their hands clasped together. It looked perfect, like two matching jigsaw pieces. Renjun loved the feeling of Chenle’s hand burning on his.

The two found two empty seats by one of the stairs that lead to the main area, where they expecting the performance to be displayed. It wasn’t too close to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter