Just Another Afternoon

Mutual Redamancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARM RAYS OF THE SUN pondered on his lightly tanned skin, slightly heat his face. His overgrown bangs reached his eyes and would constantly distract his sight, as he flick them aside. A hand had reached for his pony and split it in half, clearing his sight, and combed it to the back of his ears. The picture of his significant other framed in his eyes, giving him a tender smile and releasing a string of soft snickers.

Jaemin, the boy who was now a little flustered by the other grumbled and huffed his cheeks. "Jeno, stop trying to flirt with me! We're out in public!"

Jeno, the other male just raised his laughter. He knew he always had his ways to make the younger embarrassed. But he could never get enough, Jaemin was always fun to distract.

"And so? That's okay, you're mine anyway." Jeno simply spluttered and sat on the seat opposite of the other.

Graduation for them was just a few weeks away, and the seniors of their school was busy applying for Universities of their choice, or even trying to figure out what they actually want to do after school end. The two were definitely finding a school to attend to. But for the brunet he was still wasn't sure where to go.

"I'm not like you Jeno! I don't have straight A's that I can do whatever I want, where ever I want." Jaemin had been babbling with thunder. His hot hand was screwed on his cold Americano, frowning deeply. He didn't have his eyes on the other and stared down at his lap, taking a sharp sip of his drink. Scrunching his forehead, Jaemin gave Jeno a look.

"Jeno, you know I like my Americano with 4 extra expresso shots!" The brunet wailed, dumping his back on his chair.

The older rolled his eyes, "No wonder you're always in a bad mood. That's your third coffee today, are you trying to kill yourself?" He said and then took a bite out of his croissant.

He could never understand Jaemin's addiction to really bitter drink. It wasn't something new, the younger had always drank it ever since they've met really, and has had enough. Jeno of course cared about the other so much, and watch him drink his custom Americano is just his way of letting the younger slowly killing himself.

Jaemin wailed, pushing the drink away from him, "But there's no enjoyment-"

"Na Jaemin." The other gave him a sharp look, crossing his arms. "Don't you realise I'm trying to help you?"

The male opposite to his crossed his eyebrows, "And so? You're the one not letting me drink something so simple!" He blubbered, crossing his arms and throwing his face away from Jeno, "I don't like that you're treating me like your child, you're not my mother. You can't tell me what to have and what not!"

Jeno silently sighed. The bratty Jaemin was coming back, and he hated that. No wonder he and Renjun fights a lot.

"Look," Jeno took a big breath and loosened his shoulder, "I don't care that you don't like it when I'm taking care of you. It's my duty as your friend, your boyfriend and someone who cares for you." He places his palm on Jaemin's elbow and creased it, "And I don't want someone so precious to get sick. I'm okay with you having coffee now and then, but we're still young Nana. We have to know our boundaries."

Jeno's then travelled from the younger's arm to his lower chin, where he gently chipped it and make their eyes clasp together. "This once, listen to me, please?"

His lover just has that soothing voice that would make his stomach churn to guilt if doesn't listen to. "Whatever." Jaemin mumbled, biting his lip and cheeks lightly sprinkled in pink.

Jeno smiled to himself. He knew the other understood.

"But next time I'm ordering our food. You even forget the napkins!"

The black haired giggled "I'll get it." He said getting up from his seat. Before stepping away from their table, Jeno had placed his hand on the back of the other's head and pecked his forehead, "Enjoy your doughnut okay? I'll be quick."

Good thing Jeno had already fled for the main counter, as Jaemin would've been extra embarrassed if he had realised how crimson his face had got. Jaemin couldn't see it of course, but the heat that overrun his cheeks were just unbearable. He blinked his eyes and shuffled his seat, grinning by himself foolishly.

He doesn't know if Jeno was doing it on purpose or what, because day after day the brunet would fall for him even more. Jaemin love him so much, but it felt like he would love the older even more than yesterday, and it just continues. He had never met someone who would want to put up with his battiness because no one ever could, other than his mother. Not even his best friend. But Jeno was different.

Jaemin knew well, Jeno would do anything to keep him happy. And that might just be one of the hundreds of reasons why he falls for Lee Jeno even deeper every second.

"You saw that guy who was sitting there?"

"You mean the one who's at the front counter?"

Groaning, Jaemin tried not to look at the girls three tables away from his place. He placed his iced coffee aside and dragged the small round plate with his favourite sugar covered doughnut filled with cream inside.

"Yes! I'm pretty sure he's a senior of Gangbuk High."

"He's that midfielder from the HSFC finals. I heard he's pretty known for his academics."

"Good looking, sporty and smart! Do you think he's single?"

Truthfully, Jaemin doesn't care. He has heard much more from around school whenever he walked around with Jeno next to him. The fact that the older had his arms clicked to his didn't quiet down the gossip gurus around worried Jaemin. But he was getting used to it. Usually comments on Jeno was probably praising on how smart he was, his beautiful looks, how amazing he was generally as a person. And Jaemin couldn't deny any of it, so from one way or another he had to get used to it.

When the two came out as a couple, people did have their mouths babbling about them. Jeno was the prince of the school, which was probably why. But they seem to not really care. Jaemin after all wasn't anything, he wasn't some jock who has his own rules around school, or another heartthrob of Gangbuk High. Na Jaemin was nothing to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter