Evening Fall

Mutual Redamancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RENJUN WAS FUMING. When he stomped himself out of the skate arena with his sweltering feet and fiery face, Renjun couldn’t keep himself any way longer near the brunet. He needed to leave, he needed to get himself somewhere from the busty place. The ginger haired wanted to scream his lungs out, sending death glares at everything that passed by him and even spitted at a girl that was walking her puppy, he wanted to let himself explode on the paved floor. But he had to hold it in, dodging through the people on the side of the street and almost tripping on his own shoes. He hung his head low, letting his light bangs rain above his melting eyes. Renjun wasn’t really sure where he was going, but when he reached the emptier side of town, he found himself stopping, his body still filled with rage.

 He bottled up so much of his anger, Renjun couldn’t hold it anymore and let his thin lips release out a sob. Hot tears flooded his cheeks as well as the tip of his ginger bangs, dropping himself on a wooden brown bench. He had never thought Jaemin would do such thing.

Renjun could say he trusted the other too much, that Jaemin’s smallest mistake would mean like the sky is falling down for him. He was disappointed, upset, livid…Renjun couldn’t hold in all those emotions at once. How couldn’t he not blow up?

“Renjunie?”

Smearing his wet cheeks with the end of his sleeves, Renjun lifted his head up, “Eugene…” He mumbled and hastily pinned a shivering smile on his lips, “What are you doing here?”

The little lad looked at Renjun with a weary gaze, “Are you crying?” He muttered deliberately.

Renjun guffawed, “Oh, no! Of course not!” He couldn’t let himself cry in front of Eugene.

“Just wait here, I’ll call Chenle.”

It only took a few seconds for Eugene to run out of his sight then come back with his elder cousin, dragging him by the hem of his yellow and black football jacket. Chenle obviously noticed Renjun’s wounded mood, just so dismay and heart dousing. The light chocolate haired looked down at Eugene and smiled at the lad, before sitting himself down next to the upset male.

Chenle glanced at Renjun, shoulders trembling while his jaw shuddered. His face was drenched, Chenle could notice how Renjun tried to avoid his stare with tears held back. “You cold?”

Renjun shook his head.

“You know, holding back tears just makes it worse,” Chenle said as he slipped his hand around Renjun’s arm, “Let them out, Renjun.”

Those were the words. Renjun let out the most fretful cry as he shut his eyes, lowering his head and letting himself sob agitatedly. His breaths were hefty, jammed in his throat as air was through his blocked nose. Balling his palms on his lap, Renjun’s thin shoulders rattled with the gusty breezy as his chest started to ache from his gaudy cries. He listened to what Chenle said, and let it all out. He couldn’t hold it back, even if Eugene was staring mindlessly at him with his lips tightly pressed together.

It took a dreading five minutes for Renjun to let the cries of his heart all out and replaced it with his jittery hiccups. The ginger haired lad couldn’t look up. He didn’t want to. He was beyond embarrassed, crying in a public place and in front of a little first grader.

“Renjun, you feel better?”

The called boy slowly nodded his head, wiping his wet nose. He was surprised to feel a soft and smooth material pressed to his cheeks, absorbing the water on him. Renjun widen his eyes at the little lad that dabbed his moist face, with the same pink flower patterned handkerchief he had used to dry Eugene when he had his break down a few days ago. Under his fatigued tears, Renjun strewn a small smile on his face, muttering a tender thank you.

“Do you want to come with us?” Chenle asked, “Eugene was well behaved when he waited for me at Football practise, so I’m treating him to his favourite donut shop.” The younger male simpered lightly, “I’ll buy you a warm hot chocolate.”

Renjun’s hiccups had died out as he blithely chortled, accepting Chenle’s wonderful offer.

Eugene roguishly giggled, placing his tiny hands on Renjun’s knees. The ginger haired gazed at Eugene’s touch, “Don’t be sad Renjunie. Chenle and I are always here for you!”

Walking along the rough paved ground, Renjun tightened his cold hold on the tepid paper coffee cup. He enjoyed the feeling of the lukewarmth that flooded through his palms and strike his body, warming his chilly figure as well as his frozen insides. The night was pretty bitter on him, while the moon hid her luminous self behind the overgrown dark cotton clouds, being selfish and not selling her light out to the late evening world. But Renjun didn’t mind that. In fact, he loved the position he was in now. The streets were not so jam-packed, and little Eugene was skipping a head of him, with a brown paper bag in his gloved hands, singing happily, overjoyed by the treat his elder cousin had brought him in the ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter