High School Football Club

Mutual Redamancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THE WINTERY MONTH OF DECEMBER HAD FINALLY CAME AROUND, and Renjun had never felt better. Despite the fact that he hated the cold, the honey led haired male viewed the more positive side of the month, which included; his lasts examinations before concluding his worn-out days of high school; a new year was just ahead, and he could restart a better year. But today, was also a special day. Especially for his high school, Gangbuk High. For the first time, in the longest time in a while, their school got to the finals of the High school Football Cup. They’ve always had the really good players in the team, but luck was never on their side. Last year, they almost made it. But in the semi-finals, their opponent somehow was able to catch up and beat them by a bold point.

Renjun hugged himself closer in his jacket, pulling his long sleeves over his gloved hands and rubbed them together, creating his own imaginary campfire. It was getting late, and the HFC finals were about to start. Jaemin and he had arrived early, as they wanted to dib on the best place on the bleachers, and get comfortable before the rest of the massive mob took over Gangbuk’s field. But of course, the brunet and he had another heavy-duty reason why.

The lean male didn’t know where to put his sight at. When they arrived at the school gates, Jaemin had sprinted on the concrete ground with his blazing legs, catching up to a certain someone dressed in a green varsity jacket and white football shorts. Jumping on the person’s back, Jaemin had surprised the ebony haired football player, as he wrapped his arms around his neck, and gave him a small peck on his cheek to which the other responded with a thrilled chuckle.

Jeno and Jaemin have been going out for two weeks now, and Renjun had never seen the lad more blissful than ever. It was as if Jeno had casted an overjoyed spell on Jaemin, making the younger seem jovial, enthusiastic and hopeful. The sight of them pecking each other’s lips before letting go of one another after sharing a heartfelt embrace was never a strange sight to him, they had always been affectionate towards each other. But it definitely shocked Renjun when he had went to Jaemin’s house, to find him doing his homework. Of course, with his jaw dropped to the ground and eyes widen as round as an owls’, Renjun asked what had gotten into the younger? Jaemin simply smiled at him and told him that Jeno didn’t want him failing in classes. The brunet had completely turned a new leaf, a really good one. Obliviously Jeno was creating this impact on him.

Renjun would have to say, he was glad Jaemin had Jeno. He was proud of his younger friend.

He stared down at his hands, fiddling uncontrollably with the hem of his winter clothes and played with his pockets. Even if the unfortunate sight of the new couple sharing amiable PDA wasn’t a bizarre view, Renjun would have to admit that it embarrassed him if he had to watch them all by himself, shoving the fact that his status was still single. Ugh.

“Good luck on your game,” Jaemin said to his lover, kissing his cheek as Jeno hugged his slim waist.

“As long as you’re in the bleachers somewhere, I won’t need luck,” Jeno mumbled, tapping the tip of the sweet boy’s nose like he was five, “I have you.”

With all honestly, the third wheeler behind them wanted to puke out his dinner of roasted chicken and baked potatoes.

“You came here alone?”

“Nope, Renjun and I rode the bus together!”

The dusky haired lad turned his head around, his grip still on Jaemin’s hips and smiled at his lover’s friend. “Hey Renjun.” He simply greeted him.

Renjun returned a slim grin and lifted his hand into a small waved.

“Who are you guys going against? Don’t tell me it’s the same school from last year that got you guys out of the semi-finals!”

Jeno shook his head, “DIS. They’re football team is quite strong from what I’ve heard from graduates, I don’t think we’ve competed much with them in the past. Well, I never did.”

A flamboyant shout echoed through the halls of the school, thrashing the wide glass doors and flying up to the three seniors’ ears. Renjun spontaneously searched for the owner of the high-pitched voice, widening his eyes at the sight of a little presence running up through the yellow rubber floor, waving his hands for the ginger haired lad. His skinny body jumped with joy when he saw Renjun calling for him, laughing jubilantly, beating the cheerful tunes of the band practising not far from them.

“Eugene!”

The little kid had flung himself around Renjun’s stomach, as the elder embraced him tightly, sharing the same melodic giggle.

“Renjunie! Me and Chenle were looking all over the field for you,” He whined, “You promised to be there a long time ago!”

Renjun frowned at Eugene’s mellow tone, “I’m sorry Eugene,” He said, ruffling the boy’s hair, “Renjunie couldn’t chase the fastest bus and had to wait for the next one. You want c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter