Separate Paths

Mutual Redamancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THE TENSION ON HIS SHOULDERS FELL HEAVIER that he didn’t even bother to shrug off the burden. Because he couldn’t. Eyes filled with anything but guilt after hearing the sickening wicked words of the junior that stabbed him, Jeno gorged his sight back at the pleading lass. His lips were sour, and he pressed them together.

"And this is exactly one of the reason why I love Jaemin."  

He scoffed, flinging his tone with the hefty atmosphere.

The corners of Jiwon’s mouth deepened and sunk, “What,” She muttered, almost inaudibly.

Jeno took a deep breath, “You think you’re better?” He provoked.

She could only dive into his hazel coloured pupils. Allured but dazed.

“You think you're better than Jaemin, and yet you've just insulted someone you barely know out of the blue? Ridiculous."

The hand that still latched on his wrist seemed to weaken and turn into an unfelt touch, as she scattered her eyes everywhere around the room, lips gaping open but no words spilt away.

She gritted her teeth, “Don’t you see he’s just ruining your reputation? There’s nothing to love about him!”

Jeno lightly scorned, "I don't care that you can be better than him. I don't care that you can be smarter than him. I don't care what people think of us. Jaemin is the Jaemin I love, and I love him for being him."

Tugging away his arm from the junior, Jeno took his palm and massaged his own wrist.

She couldn’t move. Her legs seemed to cement themselves on the clean tiles, while her arms dangled with listlessness. Stillness had took over the room, so pin dropping silent. The only thing she could hear was her racing heartbeat, playing with her irrational breathing.

“You really shouldn’t change yourself for me.”

Jiwon still continued to stare at the older, all dismal.

 “I don’t think anyone would want that, especially me.” He muttered, turning his body away from the girl.

He took two steps towards the door, and then froze, silencing his pace.

“There so many things to love about Jaemin. You know what I love most about him?” He slanted his head toward the younger and softly grinned, “He's the one getting all these horrible comments, yet he never fights back. He's understand his place.”

The girl only gaped, hands into a ball.

“Thank you for liking me, but that’s all I could do about it.”

Just like the swift wind in the dewy and delicate month of April, the black haired lad brisk out of the laboratory, leaving her heart to process all the pictures and words he had delivered.

Jeno couldn’t find himself back to his proper senses, as he continued to stare bench blankly outside of the exit doors. He then then plucked the fake coat off his shoulder with a grim hold and threw it onto the ceramic sitting spot, before huffing his remorse out with a grunt.

The field was empty. Jeno glanced at his watch, biting the bottom of his lip. Home time was near, and the students had probably all went through the front gates to go home. Jaemin was supposed to wait for him, as they promised to go back home together.

A figure of a familiar lad sat quietly on the lower bleachers near the football pitch.

With a wholehearted chest, Jeno skipped over to the younger. Of course, Jaemin wouldn’t break the promise.

But then panic started to take over his chest as he looked at the brunet male. His head hung heavily from his neck, his eyes showered over his eyes, interfering with his wilting lashes. Jeno’s chest was suddenly stolen into a panic race, a terrifying thought.

Jaemin realised his presence and glanced up, only to bring his sight back down to his hands that lay on his lap.

“Hey, baby,” Jeno muttered, crouching his body so, “What’s wrong?”

The freeze brushed against his rusty jaw and clung onto his bare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter