Mislead

Mutual Redamancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A FLOUORISH OF DELIGHT WASHED OVER HIS WEARY SELF AS JAEMIN FINISHED UP TIDYING HIS BENCH. The lad was washing up a conical flask, three test tubes and a beaker at the sink nearest to his working spot, then organized them back in the cupboards at the back of the laboratory, line up in a queue. He then placed the used pipettes and tube rack on the shelf under the table. Hanging up his safety goggles on the dangling cubbies near the tall window, Jaemin then stuffed his thick biology text book inside his purple rack sack, before walking out.

He gave the bench he worked on one last glance and quickly dab a look at the clock above the white board on the wall, 17:24. Jaemin heaved a heavy sigh, he had never stayed this long in school before.

Striding out through the empty corridors, Jaemin took out his phone from his front pocket and searched for something of his in the other. Pulling out the half tangled pair of earphones, the brunet slipped one of the bud in his left ear. He automatically felt his heart beating to the song he had played, as he found himself passing in front of one the cleaners, not forgetting to smile at the aging man and reaching the main exit doors of the school.

He found himself stopping right under the last step of small stairs, and he looked around. The brunet stood still, hands in his pockets as music strummed through his through. Jaemin turned his left, and wondered, are the football team still practising? In the end, his heels spun around and walked towards the green field.

Without a doubt, these days he was proud of himself. For all his life, Jaemin for once actually felt productive. Usually on Saturdays, he would plan them out with Renjun to hang out at one of their houses and drown themselves in bags of chips and bowls of popcorn, probably gossiping or just hogging around. Sometimes, Renjun had the idea to buy a box of cake mix and try to bake some treats, or they both fool around in the kitchen with anything they had stored in the fridge. It would turn out well, but they just sometimes needed one of their moms to watch them whenever they put anything in the oven. Don't want to turn the vanilla cake into a ginormous pan of melted caramel. But Jaemin couldn't do that now. Renjun still wouldn't talked to him. And he wasn't planning to talk to the elder either.

He didn't turn his weekend into a long session of reading spell books, or trying out new potions with cat hair in it, no. The young man had actually planned to practise for his recital. Turns out when he went to practise right after Jeno got him home, his coach said it was a competition. Jaemin didn't really care, and said he's only doing it for his coach. The man had partner him up with a senior of his from figure skating classes, Ko Eunji. She had graduated last year from the school at the other side of the city, and wanted to perform a duet. Jaemin gladly said yes and they had just learned the routine last practise. A lot of touch up was needed, and the senior of Gangbuk High had invited Eunji on Saturday later to the ice skating rink to practise. Of course, she agreed willingly.

The wide sight of a vast place covered in a blanket of thick, green grass abrupt to his eyes, as well as the tall blue bleachers trapping the yard. Two extensive and tall goalie posts stood at each stretch end of the field. Nobody was around anymore. No sign of the sixteen students in the team, even their coach wasn't hustling about with a messy clipboard under his arm. Except for a body, lying on the centre of the circle.

Jaemin walked over to one of the benches used for the teams and threw his bag on there, and slipped off his earphones from his ears. He then strolled over to the person lying on the grass, lifeless and still. The ebony haired lad had an arm over his face, legs spread out freely, looking all bare and spiritless. Jaemin pondered over the body, dressed in a pair of black shorts with yellow lining, a blue t-shirt that that was slightly lifted, exposing a small amount of his flat abs, feet covered in a pair of branded cleats. The thick shin pads stuffed under the pair of black high socks tig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter