Summer ‘05

Glow

Taehyung jumped up out of his bed and ran over to his calendar. "YES!!!" Seokjin groaned and walked into his younger brother's room. "What-" Taehyung smiled brightly. "She's coming today, hyung!!!!" 

Seokjin sighed and rolled his eyes. "Taehyungie, do you... perhaps have a crush on Min Yoonji? You two constantly talk, you hang out literally every day they're here, you even go with them to their family outings!" "You do too!" Seokjin waved his hand. "Besides the point. You're nine now, almost ten, just admit you got a thing for her." 

Taehyung blushed then rolled his eyes, he pushed past his brother to get to the bathroom. "I do not." Seokjin tapped his chin. "How not? She's gorgeous. I mean I haven't seen her in a while, but she was the last time." Taehyung sighed. "Hyung, leave! I have to get ready!" 

After Taehyung got clean and dressed, he grabbed his glasses and ran downstairs. He heard chatter coming from the living room. He only saw his brother sitting there listening to their mother and grandmother talking to a young girl. 

Seokjin got up and walked over to Taehyung. He smirked. "She got hotter." Taehyung tried to look, but his brother blocked him. "You mind if I ask her out?" Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows. "You're fifteen, hyung. You'll be sixteen for a couple months before she turns thirteen. Don't you think that's weird?" 

Seokjin shrugged. "She's pretty mature for her age, Taehyung. And no, that doesn't bother me, I see her as female." Taehyung shoved past his brother and walked into the living room. All three females stopped their conversation and looked up at Taehyung. Taehyung gawked at Yoonji. 

"Taehyungie!" She stood up and walked over to him. Taehyung blushed as she gave him a nice long hug. He pressed his hands onto her back and peered down her backside. "Kim Taehyung!" His mother shouted. Yoonji pulled away from him and looked between Taehyung, his mother, and Seokjin. 

She then took a glance down at Taehyung's crotch and covered . Taehyung quickly covered it and ran upstairs. Seokjin busted out laughing. Yoonji lightly shoved him. "That's not funny oppa!" Seokjin shook his head. "It's hilarious! Oh my god, I gotta tell Joonie and Junki-hyung!" Seokjin said as he pulled his phone out. 

Taehyung's mother stood up and was about to go check on him, but Yoonji gently stopped her. "I'll talk to him, Mrs. Kim. I want him to know it's okay." She nodded. "Keep the door open please?" 

Yoonji blushed and nodded before she ran upstairs. She gently knocked on his door. "Taehyungie... it's me. I'm not upset or mad at you, I'm just here to tell you that it's okay and natural." 

Taehyung opened the door and sighed. He looked his best friend over and blushed. He shuffled over to his bed and sat on the edge. Yoonji walked in and quietly shut the door behind her. She walked over to Taehyung and sat next to him. "Was that the first you've ever gotten?" 

Taehyung shook his head. "I um... I have these dreams sometimes and I wake up with one..." "Wet dreams." Taehyung blushed and looked up at her. "T-They're about you." Taehyung whispered. Yoonji blushed and smiled a bit. "Okay... I can see why, I'm pretty much your only friend and I'm a girl-" "But you're not a girl..... I MEAN YOU ARE TO ME!!!" Taehyung groaned and laid back on his bed. 

Yoonji giggled. "I know what you mean. You acknowledge and accept that I was born male, but that I identify as female. But you're straight and I'm genetically male... and you're having wet dreams about me." Yoonji shrugged and smiled. "I can see how you're confused."

Taehyung sat up and looked at her. "But...Noona, you still had a in my dream and it didn't bother me... I did things to it." "Oh... um...gotcha." Yoonji said as she blushed and slowly nodded her head. 

They sat there in silence for a couple minutes. Yoonji looked out the window and smiled. "Taehyungie! It's dark out! Let's go to our special spot!" Taehyung stood up, grabbed his camera and followed Yoonji out of the house and into the forest. Yoonji gasped and giggled. "They're out!" She said as she walked to the middle and watched all the beautiful fireflies. 

Taehyung blushed as he watched her smile grow as the fireflies danced around her. He quickly took some photos. Taehyung got closer and continued to take pictures of her. Yoonji giggled as one firefly landed on her nose. Taehyung smiled fondly before he remembered to capture the moment. 

Yoonji looked over at Taehyung as the firefly flew off her nose. Their eyes met for a moment before Yoonji blushed and gently tucked her hair behind her ear. Taehyung slowly walked up to her, standing in front of her. Taehyung looked down at her soft pink lips. "Noona?" "Yes, Taehyungie?" Taehyung took a step closer. "Have you ever been kissed?" 

Yoonji blushed and gently shook her head no. "H-Have you?" She asked in a whisper. Taehyung also shook his head. They both looked down at each other's lips and smiled nervously at one another. Taehyung chuckled a bit. "I-I was just wondering. I'm surprised my brother hasn't tried to kiss you. He probably knows what he's doing. I wouldn't I'm just a dumb nine-year old-" 

Taehyung turned red as Yoonji gripped his shirt and pulled him closer to her. "Taehyungie, you're my best friend. I trust you with everything. We don't have to like each other that way to share this moment together. It's just a kiss. I always hoped it would be you anyways, because I know you'd treat it the same as me." 

Taehyung blushed and placed his hands on Yoonji's waist. "I-I... you're right. Nothing wrong with two friends being each other's first kiss." Yoonji nodded and patiently waited. "Okay, then kiss me, Taehyungie." 

Taehyung blushed and looked into Yoonji's eyes. "Could you um-" "Do you need to stand on a rock?" Taehyung blushed and pouted. "No! I can reach your lips if I use my tippy toes!"

Yoonji giggled and placed her hands on the boy's shoulders. "But, Noona... could you close your eyes?" Yoonji smiled as she closed her eyes at Taehyung's request. Taehyung sighed silently before he took his final step forward.