Summer ‘10

Glow

"Stupid, cute, ice cream girl. Ugh! He completely IGNORED me." Yoonji said to herself out loud as she slowly walked around the park. She looked down at the ice cream in her hand before she tossed it into the grass. 

"She wasn't even that cute..." Yoonji pouted and groaned. "Yes she was! She probably has a too. And she's probably nicer than me... What- What the am I talking about?! I'm with Jimin! I shouldn't- I... I am not jealous." Yoonji scoffed at herself. 

She sighed and sat down at a bench. Yoonji sat there and pouted as she watched the people at the park, trying to convince herself that she wasn’t jealous. After a couple minutes, someone came running towards her. 

"Noona!" Yoonji looked up at Taehyung. "Yes?" Taehyung smiled as he sat down next to her. "Guess what!" "What?" Taehyung pulled his phone out of his pocket and showed Yoonji the new contact in his phone. "It was Seulgi! Remember, I was talking to her at your party before you and Jimin-hyung went inside the house?" 

Yoonji shrugged. "Well, anyways, we're gonna get lunch tomorrow and catch up. She doesn't go to our school unfortunately." Yoonji nodded and stood up. "I'm happy for you, Taehyungie. Can we go home now?" Taehyung stood up and pouted. "What's wrong noona?" 

Yoonji shrugged. "The ice cream didn't agree with me. I just want to go home, Taehyungie." Taehyung grabbed her arm before she could walk away. "Noona?" Yoonji looked up into his eyes. "Yes?" "I'm sorry for the way I acted towards you back there... I was...I didn't mean to be rude to you. I was just trying really hard to remember where I knew her from and didn't want to get distracted. You know I'm easily distracted, noona." 

Yoonji nodded. "It did kind of hurt my feelings... but I forgive you. You know I would of kept quiet, Taehyungie." Taehyung chuckled and slowly his lips. "Noona.... that's not what I meant by getting distracted." 

Yoonji furrowed her eyebrows. Taehyung smiled and rubbed the nape of his neck. "I mean... look at you noona. You're gorgeous. I can never focus on other girls when you're around." 

Yoonji stared at the younger, her face red as could be. "I- o-oh... thank you." Taehyung chuckled again and nodded. "We should grab something to eat." Yoonji smiled and nodded as they walked off together. "There's something I want to show you after we eat, Taehyungie."

"Noona... why are we here? I thought-" Yoonji smiled and took Taehyung's hand. "Come on!" Yoonji pulled Taehyung up the hill. Taehyung sighed as he looked at his grandmother's farmhouse. "Noona... You know, this is pretty low if you want to hurt me-" 

Yoonji covered his mouth. "Taehyung, I would never want to hurt you on purpose.” Taehyung gave her a look. "Jimin-oppa doesn't- ugh just hush." Yoonji walked over to the door. "Noona, how are you going to get in? My mom sold the place. What if the owners are in there?" 

Yoonji giggled. "Well not yet they aren't." Taehyung watched as Yoonji pulled a key out of her pocket and unlocked the door. "Noona! You stole one of the keys?!" Taehyung asked as he followed her inside. 

Yoonji stared at Taehyung. "Wow- God... you are adorable, Taehyungie." Taehyung smiled and blushed. "Why thank you, noona" Taehyung said as he smiled so wide his eyes nearly closed. 

Yoonji laughed and lightly shoved him. Yoonji stared at him, waiting for him to realize. Taehyung stared back at her. His eyes widened. "You?!" Yoonji laughed. "Yes, for now. I'll put it in your name once its paid off." Taehyung held back his tears. "How?" 

Yoonji smiled and walked around the living room. "My inheritance. I worked it out with Junki-oppa and your mom." Taehyung hugged Yoonji tightly. "Thank you so much, noona... I... I don't even know what to say..." Yoonji smiled and hugged him back. 

After they let go, Taehyung ran up to his old room. Yoonji walked back outside and waited for him. Taehyung ran over to her after he found her in there special spot. "Wait.... Noona.. did you... I thought you wanted to get bottom surgery?" Taehyung's eyes widened with concern and worry. "Oh no! Noona, I do not want to stand in the way of that. You can sell the house, noona." 

Yoonji smiled and caressed Taehyung's cheek. "You're so sweet... but don't worry. My uncle is paying for that." Taehyung nodded and hugged Yoonji tightly as he began to cry. "Thank you, noona... I am beyond grateful..." Yoonji looked up at the younger. 

Taehyung wiped away his tears before he looked back at her. Both of their hearts felt like they were about to beat all the way out of their chests, but neither of them said anything. Taehyung placed his hand on her neck before he started to lean down. Yoonji watched him. 

Something pulled at the back of her head, but she found herself closing her eyes and leaning in a well. Their lips barely brushed against each other as Taehyung held his breath a moment before he opened his eyes and looked at her. 

He didn't want to win her back like this, while she was still with Jimin. He wanted her to realize on her own and break up with the elder before he kissed her like he was about to. He also didn't trust himself to stop once he started. 

Taehyung let go of her and stepped back. He cleared his throat. Yoonji opened her eyes and blushed. "Thank you again... uh... we should get going, it's going to get dark soon. Yoonji grabbed Taehyung's arm. "T-Taehyungie?" Taehyung looked down at her. "Yes noona?" 

Yoonji smiled sweetly at him. "Could we stay and wait for the fireflies?" Taehyung smiled back and nodded. He sat down on one of the trees that had fell down. Yoonji sat next to him and waited quietly. 

Taehyung looked over at her and smiled to himself. He watched her face as the fireflies started to appear. Yoonji smiled and watched them as Taehyung watched her. "God... aren't they beautiful, Taehyungie?" Taehyung smiled more as he continued to watch her. "Yes, noona. They're very beautiful..."