Spring ‘10

Glow

"Run away with you? Marry you? Are you insane? Taehyung, we can't- We don't have any money! We don't even have jobs!" Yoonji stood up and put her clothes back on. Taehyung put the rest of his clothes on and chased after Yoonji as she left. 

 

"Noona!" Yoonji stopped and turned to him. "No! Taehyung... we can't just run away and get married. You'd want to leave our family?" Taehyung walked up to her and looked into her eyes. "Noona, I only need you and Tannie.... It's not like we wouldn’t come back and visit. Please-" Yoonji shook her head. "We aren't little kids anymore, Taehyung...." 

 

"Noona!!!" Hoseok yelled as he ran over to Yoonji and Taehyung. Yoonji shook her head at Taehyung before she turned and squatted down. "Hi!" Jisoo ran after him. "Unnie! Guess what!!" "What you guys?" "Taehyung-hyung is coming to live with us!!!" 

 

Yoonji looked up at Taehyung, then looked back down at the little ones. "He is! I bet you're really excited that you get to see your big brother all the time, aren't you Jisoo?" The little girl smiled and nodded. 

 

"Aren't you excited, noona?" Hoseok asked. Yoonji stood up and smiled. "Why don't you two go play in Taehyungie and I's special spot? The fireflies should be coming out soon." Yoonji turned and watched as they ran away. 

 

Taehyung looked at Yoonji. "Noona... do you not feel the same way about me as you once did?" Yoonji sighed. "I.... I do still.. but you're too impulsive and immature right now. Also..." Taehyung watched as Yoonji sighed and looked up at the sky. "Also, Taehyung... I've been seeing someone else." 

 

Taehyung could of sworn he stopped breathing. Taehyung gripped her arm and looked into her eyes. "Who?" Yoonji tried to pull her arm away. "Taehyung, let go-!" Taehyung repeated himself. “Who?” Yoonji looked up into his eyes. “Yoonji-noona-!" 

 

"Park Jimin!" Taehyung let go of her arm and scoffed. "Park Jimin. How long?" Yoonji sighed and pushed her hair back. "A little over a month." Taehyung laughed a bit and shook his head. "Why didn't you tell me?" Yoonji crossed her arms over her chest. "Why didn't I-?!Taehyung! You barely talked to me! Every time I would try to talk to you, whether I called or texted, you'd give me these stupid short answers!" 

 

Taehyung wiped at the tears that were falling. "I was going through some things, mentally..." "I get that, Taehyung, but you could of told me that! I would of understood-" "Okay, but would that of stopped you being with him?" "Maybe! Maybe if you would of actually asked me out-" Taehyung laughed and pointed towards the house. "What did I ask you in there a few months ago?!" 

 

Yoonji rolled her eyes. "You asked me to marry you, Taehyung." "And you laughed at me!" Yoonji threw up her hands. "Because it was ridiculous! You were caught up in the moment!" Taehyung shook his head and started to walk towards the house. "Kim Taehyung! Get back here, we are not done talking about this!" Yoonji shouted. 

 

Jaehwa and Junki stood at the door and watched them. "I think this is the first serious fight they've ever had..." Jaehwa said to her husband. Junki nodded. "Should I see if Jin and Namjoon have space in their apartment for her?" Jaehwa shook her head. "They'll get through this... they're best friends..." 

 

Junki sighed. "What if they've out grown each other?" Jaehwa shrugged. "We'll have to see... but if she ends up dating that boy, lets try to get her to not bring him around the house as much? It'll be bad enough Taehyung will have to see them at school." Junki nodded. "Hopefully she just keeps to herself for a while... we don't even know what happened between them. Maybe he doesn’t know about Jimin.”

 

"Noona, go ing date Park Jimin, I could honestly careless. At least I didn't waste too much time not looking at other girls." Taehyung said. Yoonji smiled. "You could of always looked at other girls Taehyung. I was never yours to begin with. I'll never be yours because you and I aren't meant to be." Yoonji wanted to burst into tears right then and there, but she held it in. 

 

Taehyung looked her over before he turned and walked back into the house, quickly walking past Junki and Jaehwa. Yoonji wiped her tears away before she covered her face and started full-on crying. Jaehwa walked over to her and hugged her tightly. "Why don't you come into town with me? I'll take you home." "What about... maybe I shouldn't go... I don't want to make that day any harder for him.." 

 

Jaehwa sighed. "No, you're coming... embrace him even if he looks like he doesn't want you to... you guys might be fighting right now... but you're his rock. He loves you so much, Yoonji..." 

 

Yoonji shook her head. "No he doesn't..." Jaehwa sighed and nodded. "I’ll talk to him. Lets get you home... I'll send a car for you for the funeral, don't worry." Yoonji nodded and followed Jaehwa to the car. 

 

 

"Where's noona?" Taehyung asked as he sat down at the dinner table." Junki sighed. "She's gonna stay at home until the funeral." Taehyung sighed and looked around the table before he looked up at his mother. 

 

"Mom, I'm sorry... I just don't really feel like eating." Jaehwa looked up at Taehyung. "It's okay- I oh... okay.... guess he doesn't want to talk to me either." Jaehwa said after Taehyung had ran upstairs to his room. 

 

Taehyung laid on his bed and put a pillow over his face as he began to cry. "I'm so stupid! Why did I say those things..." Taehyung sat up and held onto his pillow. Taehyung groaned and hit himself in the face with the pillow.

 

"I told her to date him! What the is wrong with me?!" Taehyung sighed and looked at the clock. It was almost time for everyone to go to bed. Taehyung got up and went to go shower and change his clothes. Taehyung waited until it was twelve something to leave his room. 

 

He snuck downstairs and walked over to the door. "Where do you think you're going?" Jaehwa asked. She the light and looked over at Taehyung. Taehyung sighed. "Just to get some fresh air, mom." Jaehwa chuckled. "No, I'm not stupid, Kim Taehyung. You were going to sneak out and see her."

 

Taehyung sighed and walked over to the couch and sat down next to his mother. Taehyung laid back and stared at the ceiling. "I need to apologize... I said things I didn't mean..." Taehyung scoffed. "God, she probably thinks I just like her for her body because I haven't- um.." Jaehwa sighed. "You haven't told her how you truly feel towards her?" 

 

Taehyung nodded. "I proposed though! I mean... how does that not tell her how I feel?!" Jaehwa stared at her son. "What?" Taehyung sighed. "Don't worry, she turned me down, both times...obviously. " "Both?!" Jaehwa took a deep breath. "Taehyung... You normally confess your feeling for someone before you do that. I mean you also do it then... but still." Taehyung chewed on his bottom lip. "I told you mom, she's the one." 

 

Jaehwa nodded. "You know this... I know this... but does Yoonji know she's the one? Not looking at other girls and being faithful is fantastic, but you also have to tell her how you feel about her-" "But- "In better detail, Taehyung. Just saying 'I love you' isn't enough, just proposing isn’t enough." Taehyung sighed. 

 

"I haven't even said those words to her...." Jaehwa's eyebrows shot up. "What? Why? You have no problem telling me about how much you love her!"" Taehyung sighed and shook his head. "Saying it to her though... I... I can't do it." 

 

Jaehwa sighed. "You aren't ready yet then... You can try and make amends, but I wouldn't say those three words unless you are completely sure you mean them." Taehyung sighed and nodded. "Thanks mom... I think I know what to do."