Summer '10. One Week Before School Starts Again.

Glow

"Whoa, Taehyungie! Is that you?!" 

 

Seokjin pouted a bit when the younger didn’t answer him. "I don't think he can hear you son, he's got his headphones in." Seokjin sighed and looked at his father. "When did THAT happen?" Their father shrugged. "He's been working out all summer. He was probably tired of looking like a scrawny little nerd." 

 

Seokjin rolled is eyes before he watched Taehyung gulp his bottle of water down. "He got a girlfriend or something? Is that why he's doing all this?" Seokjin made a face. "Well.. you know Yoonji, right?" Their father nodded. "That transgirl, what about her?" "You know she's the love of Taehyung's life right? Well, she's dating this guy at their school. He convinced mom to let him finish school at his old one and to let him live here with you till he's ready to live with mom." 

 

Taehyung wiped the sweat from his face with his shirt and pulled his earbuds out. “He has abs now?!” Seokjin asked. Taehyung laughed. "Hyung! I didn't see you!" Taehyung walked over and patted his brother on the back. "Damn, your voice dude. You’re not so little anymore little brother." 

 

Taehyung chuckled and sat down across from his brother. "I feel like you're up to something child." Seokjin said. Taehyung sighed and shrugged. "I'm going to make her realize how right we are for each other. That we're meant to be..." Seokjin nodded. "Why do you look like one of those guys dream of in those romance novels." Taehyung shrugged. "We were just blessed with good looks I guess, big brother." 

 

"I definitely was, I don't know about you." Seokjin said with a shrug. Taehyung laughed and threw a grape at his brother. "Taehyung? Why all this for one girl? You can definitely have any girl you want." His father asked. Taehyung sighed. "That might be true, Dad... but don’t want just any other girl.... I want Min Yoonji." 

 

His father shook his head. "How is noona doing? She okay?" Seokjin nodded. "She's just been with her friends all summer... and-" Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Don't hyung, please." Their father looked between him. "He's her boyfriend now I believe." Taehyung sighed. "For now. She'll be mine soon." 

 

 

"You haven't seen Taehyung since the funeral?" CL asked. "Nope! We're kinda talking now, but things won't be the same..." CL sighed and checked herself out in the mirror. There was a small knock on Yoonji’s door. “Noona, Jimin-hyung and Kookie-hyung are here.” 

 

Yoonji smiled and ruffled Hoseok hair as she thanked him. Her and CL walked downstairs and greeted their boyfriends. “God you look beautiful.” Jimin said. Yoonji smiled and kissed him. “Thank you, but we’re late!” Jimin smiled and nodded. “Let’s go then.”

 

“Ugh, Babe! Do you really have to go in that store?!” Jungkook asked. CL rolled her eyes. “Yes, now stop complaining. We went and saw the movie you and Jiminie picked, you can let me shop!” Jungkook sighed. “Alright... fine.” 

 

Yoonji smiled at Jungkook. “Why don’t you and Jimin-oppa go to a store you guys like? We’ll be fine on our own for a while.” Jimin pouted and pulled Yoonji away from their friends. “I wanna stay with you, baby.” 

 

Yoonji smiled and kissed Jimin on the cheek. “Oppa, you know how she gets when she shops. It’ll take forever. I’ll call you when we’re done, okay?” Jimin sighed and nodded. “I love you.” Yoonji smiled and kissed Jimin a couple times. “I love you too, oppa.” 

 

Yoonji smiled at him as she walked over and grabbed CL. Jungkook walked over to Jimin. “Come on hyung, we can finally have some time to ourselves.” Jimin sighed as Jungkook dragged him into the Gucci store. “Kookie, why... we can’t afford anything in here.” Jungkook shrugged. “Doesn’t mean we can’t look!” Taehyung 

 

“I can’t believe Dad actually gave you his card.” Seokjin said as he looked at the clothes that were sitting on a rack in the dressing room. Taehyung chuckled. “I’m sure he wouldn’t care if you got somethings.” Taehyung said from behind the door. 

 

Seokjin sighed and turned towards the door. “Why do you need a black tux for anyways?” Taehyung had opened the door. He walked out of the changing rooms back out to the store. 

 

He stood on the small platform as the lady helping him smoothed out the tux. Seokjin stood behind Taehyung and looked at him through the mirror. “So I can get my girl back.” Seokjin chuckled. “You’re gonna get her back by wearing a tux? Taehyung-“ “No, hyung. I’ll need it for when I confess my feelings and declare my love for her.... so I can propose to her in a better way.” 

 

Seokjin sighed. “Pretty sure she doesn’t want you to ask her that again.” Taehyung smiled at his brother. “But I’ll have a ring this time, Dad said I could get one.” Seokjin shook his head. “Do it in front of the family so I can laugh at you when she smacks you.” Taehyung rolled his eyes. 

 

Seokjin chuckled. “What about your glasses? I thought you said she liked them on you.” Taehyung smirked. “She said I looked y in them, I’ll wear them, only around her. But I’ll also only wear them when I know that I’m affecting her.” Seokjin chuckled. “Damn, well you really thought everything through, didn’t you? I hope it works.” Taehyung smiled and nodded. “Thanks, hyung.” 

 

“I like it!” He said as he looked at himself. “Now we can shop for regular clothes. None of mine fit me anymore...” Seokjin chuckled. “I would imagine they wouldn’t. Thick ...” Taehyung chuckled and turned to hit his brother. “Hyung. It’s him.” 

 

 

“That guy is attractive. For a guy I mean.” Jungkook said as he looked over at the man in then tux who was looking at him and Jimin. Jimin turned and looked at him. “Yeah, He is. He’s probably some young CEO or something.” 

 

Jungkook watched as the other man turned and looked at them. Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows. “That other guy looks familiar... hyung, I think... I think that’s one of Yoonji’s step-nephews.” Jimin tilted his head a bit. “Oh! It is, it’s Seokjin-hyung.” Jungkook nudged his hyung. “Let’s go say hi.” 

 

“! Hyung, they’re coming over here.” Taehyung whispered. Seokjin sighed. “I doubt they’d recognize you.” Taehyung quickly walked back to the dressing room. Seokjin shook his head after he noticed his brother had left. 

 

“Hyung! Hey, haven’t seen you in a while. How are things?” Seokjin bro-hugged both boys. “Good.” Jungkook looked towards the dressing rooms. “Who are you here with?” Seokjin smiled. “Just a friend from college. He’s getting married soon and asked me to help him pick out an outfit.” Jungkook and Jimin nodded. “Well he looked good in the one he had on.” Jimin said. 

 

Seokjin swallowed back a laugh. “I’ll be sure to tell him that. Yoonji with you guys?” Taehyung opened this dressing room door a bit. “Yeah- oh that’s her calling me now. We’ll tell her you said hi, hyung. See you.” 

 

Seokjin smiled and waved to the boys as they left. “Tae, you can come out now.” Taehyung walked back out in his normal clothes, he had the suit in his hands. “Come on, little brother. Let’s go get you more clothes.”