Summer ‘06

Glow

Taehyung ran outside. "Mom!!!" Jaehwa smiled and embraced Taehyung tightly. "Mommy, have you heard from Junki-hyung? Are they coming?" 

 

Jaehwa sighed and shrugged. "I think he's gonna try, their father is having a really rough time right now." Taehyung sighed and nodded. He hugged Seokjin and helped him carry their luggage inside. 

 

Jaehwa sighed as she looked around the farm. She smiled as someone walked out of the Min's house. "Hello." "Hi, Miss. Kim. We haven't seen you in so long, we normally go up to my brother's place... but I'm sure you already knew that." 

 

Jaehwa laughed fakely and nodded. Junki's uncle gave her the creeps. "Yes. Um, have you heard from your brother, Mr. Min?" "Please, call me Myungsuck... or oppa if you prefer. And no, I have not." Both of their heads turned as a car came up the hill and parked. 

 

Jaehwa smiled brightly and quickly walked over to the car. "Yoonji!" Yoonji got out and quickly embraced Jaehwa. "Hello, Miss. Kim... where's Taehyungie?!" Jaehwa smiled and took a step back. "Wow, Yoonji! You're growing into one fine young woman! He's inside with Jin." 

 

Yoonji ran towards the house, but was stopped by her uncle. "Yoonji! Wow, I haven't seen you since last Christmas! You've really... developed into a beautiful young woman." Yoonji reached up to play with her hair, as she often did when she was nervous. But, she realized she had cut it, now it barely touched her shoulders.

 

"Thank you uncle...." She tried to leave, but he grabbed her wrist. "I have a present I forgot to give you at Christmas, its in the basement." Yoonji looked over at Taehyung's house then looked up at her uncle. "Okay... but can you give it to me later? I want to see Taehyungie." Her uncle smiled and let go of her. "Sure. Later tonight." "Oh... I um... forgot something in the car." 

 

Yoonji walked back over to the car and pulled on Jaehwa's shirt. "Miss. Kim!" Junki sighed as he pulled away from her. Jaehwa smiled down at Yoonji. "Yes sweetheart?" Yoonji looked back over at her uncle who was talking to Namjoon before she looked at her brother and Jaehwa.

 

"Can I spend the night? I just... I've missed Taehyungie so much-" Jaehwa smiled and leaned into Junki as she hugged him. "Of course you can, sweetheart. I'm sure that would make Taehyung's night. Have you seen him yet?" Yoonji shook her head before she sprinted inside the Kim's house and ran up to Taehyung's room. 

 

"Tae- oh! Jesus! sorry!" Yoonji slammed Taehyung's door shut. She ran back downstairs and outside. "Yoonji, you okay?" Junki asked her as she walked over to him. She took their baby brother, Hoseok, from him. "I... He... umm... Is it okay if I take Hoseok to Taehyungie and I's special spot?" Junki sighed. "I don't know-" "Thanks!" Yoonji said as she hoisted Hoseok's diaper bag onto her shoulder as she walked away. 

 

"What was that all about?" Junki asked Jaehwa. She shrugged and grabbed a couple bags. Taehyung ran outside and looked at his brother and Namjoon. "Hyungs, have you seen my noona?" Seokjin sighed. "She's probably hiding from her creepy uncle. No offense, Joon, but he's creepy." Namjoon shrugged. "I kind of agree actually." 

 

Taehyung sighed. "Guys! Do you know where she is? .... She kind of walked in on me...." Seokjin furrowed his eyebrows. "Walked in on you?" Taehyung blushed as Namjoon began to laugh. "He was and she walked in on him! Am I right?! Oh my god, that's hilarious." Taehyung groaned. "Shut up hyung." 

 

Seokjin laughed and shook his head. "I think she took Hoseok to your special spot." Taehyung thanked his brother before he ran into the forest. "Noona?!" Yoonji blushed and looked at Hoseok as he played with his toys. "Hobi, noona is just gonna pretend she never saw Taehyungie's... thing. I am just gonna avoid talking about it." 

 

Taehyung spotted them and smiled. "Wow! He's gotten so big!" Taehyung said as he walked over and sat down infront of Yoonji and Hoseok. He played with the baby as Yoonji stared at his crotch. "Noona?" 

 

Yoonji blushed and looked up at Taehyung's face. "Y-yes?" Taehyung blushed. "I'm sorry-" "How was school this year?!" Yoonji quickly asked. Taehyung chuckled nervously and nodded. "G-good... how about you?" Yoonji shrugged. "Fine..." 

 

She groaned and rolled her eyes. "Well, except this boy. He's the hottest guy at my school right? And he asks me out. ME. I thought he and his friends were playing a trick on me, but he was serious." Taehyung gripped one of the toys in his hand. "Oh. What... What did you tell him?" 

 

Yoonji eyed Taehyung and gently pulled the toy out of his grasp before he broke it. "I uh... I turned him down, of course... Are... Are you jealous, Taehyungie?" Taehyung scoffed and shrugged. "No! Why- why would- I don't.. pft... I don't like you like that... that would just be weird..." 

 

Yoonji pouted and stood up. "Well, Kim Taehyung, I don't think it would be weird in the slightest!" Yoonji angrily packed Hoseok's toys, then picked him and grabbed the diaper bag. She place Hoseok on her hip as she stomped out of the forest. 

 

Taehyung got up and ran after her. "No! Noona, I thought-" Yoonji turned around and scoffed. "I forgot, you're still a child. I should of known better. You're only ten. I'm too old for you anyways." Taehyung sighed and watched as Yoonji walked into her uncle's house. 

 

Taehyung walked over and sat next to Seokjin and Namjoon. "Another fight?" Seokjin asked. Taehyung sighed and nodded. "Girls are confusing hyung... I didn't... I didn't think she felt that way about me, so I acted like I didn't. Then she yelled at me! I tried to explain why I said what I said and she yelled at me again, saying I'm too young for her!  I'm so confused...." 

 

Namjoon laughed. "Man, good luck with that one, she's got a temper." Taehyung sighed. "I know, hyung."