Summer ‘03

Glow

"How's your ice cream buddy?" Junki asked Taehyung. "Good! Thank you, hyung." Yoonji was talking to the girl who owned the small ice cream stand. Taehyung smiled as he watched her and finished his ice cream. 

 

Junki looked between his sister and Taehyung. He chuckled and ruffled Taehyung's hair. "Taehyungie? Do you like my sister? We can keep it between us, okay?" Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows looked over at the elder. "Well... yes, of course. She's my noona and my best friend-" Junki shook his head and leaned back in his chair.

 

"No, like.... do you have a crush on her, do you want to marry her when you're bigger." Taehyung pouted. "But... we already got married last year in the forest. So, I don't see why she doesn't want to be Yeotan's mommy." Junki sighed. "Taehyungie, do you want to kiss noona? On the lips?" Taehyung blushed and nodded. "Very much so..." 

 

Junki chuckled softly and smiled at the younger. "It'll happen some day, practice on your pillow until then." Taehyung nodded and smiled as he watched Yoonji head back towards them. She was stopped by some kids around Taehyung's age. "Hey, wanna play with us?" One of the girls asked her. Yoonji shrugged and smiled. "Sure! But can my friend play too?" The other kids all shrugged and walked over towards the playground. 

 

Yoonji ran over to Taehyung. "Taehyungie! Those kids want us to play with them!" Yoonji turned to her older brother. "Can we, oppa?!" Junki nodded and stood up. "I'm gonna go flirt with the cute ice cream girl." Junki said before he left. Taehyung looked over at the group of kids and pouted.

 

"Noona, I think I'm just gonna go watch Junki-hyung... you go ahead-" Yoonji pouted and pulled on Taehyung's arm. "No! Come on Taehyungie!!! They're fine they won't bite your head off." Yoonji dragged Taehyung over to the playground. Taehyung sighed and pushed his glasses up. "This kid? He goes to our school. He lame and weird." One boy said. "Yeah, we only wanted you to play with us, unnie." A little girl chimed in. 

 

Taehyung sighed again and started to walk over to Junki. Yoonji shoved the boy who had spoken first. "Taehyungie is the nicest person ever! It's a great honor to be friends with him! His weirdness is what makes him fun and unique!" Taehyung stopped and watched Yoonji. He walked back over to her. "Noona, let's go." 

 

The boy mocked Taehyung and laughed. "So, Taehyungie... is this your precious noona you're always talking about?" Taehyung grabbed Yoonji's hand. "Come on, Noona." "Is she your girlfriend, Taehyungie? I'm surprised a pretty girl wants anything to do with a loser like you." 

 

Yoonji growled before she jumped on the boy who was being mean to her Taehyungie. She kept punching his face. "JUNKI-HYUNG!!!" Taehyung said as he ran over to the elder. "What's up?" 

 

Taehyung pointed over to the group of kids. "Noona.... fight... she's really.... mad." Taehyung managed to say as he tried to catch his breath. Junki ran over and pulled Yoonji off the boy. He walked back over and scooped Taehyung up and ran them to the car. 

 

 

"Min Yoonji! What do you have to say for yourself?!" Her mother said as she scolded her daughter. "Mom, they were being mean to Taehyungie! I had to- I couldn't just let them be mean to my best friend!" Yoonji's mother sighed and nodded. "Alright, but you are to stay in the house for the rest of the week, no Taehyung. You can see him before we leave." 

 

Yoonji pouted. "That's not fair! Wait... we aren't staying until the end of summer?" Her mother shook her head. "Your father has business to attend to. You can see him next summer." Yoonji began to cry. "Do you know how far away next summer is?! This isn't fair mom!" 

 

Yoonji's mother sighed and shook her head. "I'm sorry, I've made up my mind." Yoonji groaned and glared at her mother. "You're such a sometimes." "Yoonji!" Junki said, but his mother put her hand up. "Yoonji, please go to your room." 

 

Yoonji knocked over a kitchen chair on her way out. She stomped upstairs and slammed her door shut. "Mom, are you okay?" Junki asked his mother. She nodded and wiped away her tears. "My poor baby..." she sat down and cried as Junki rubbed her back.

 

Taehyung sighed as he laid down on the grass. Yeotan was close by trying to catch a butterfly. "I miss my noona, Tannie... you should of seen her! Those kids were being so mean to me, but she stuck up for me." Taehyung smiled warmly and looked up at her uncle's house. "She's amazing, Tannie...." 

 

Taehyung sat up as he saw Yoonji move in front of the window. She removed her shirt, causing the younger boy to blush. Taehyung assumed she was standing in front of a mirror. He watched as she placed her hands on the very small s that were starting to form. Taehyung noticed them earlier, but tried not to think about it. 

 

Yoonji tightened her ponytail before she felt herself up as she continued to check herself out. Taehyung looked down at his lap and blushed more. Seokjin walked outside and began to play with Yeotan. "Hyung!" Seokjin walked over and sat next to his brother. "Yeah?" Taehyung looked up at Yoonji before he looked at his brother. "Something is wrong with my ...." 

 

Seokjin looked down and laughed. "Where... how-?" Taehyung pointed up at Yoonji's window. She now had a shirt on. Seokjin chuckled. "You got a because of Yoonji?" Taehyung nodded. "I guess, what's a ?" Seokjin sighed. "She's not even Taehyung, nor does she have s yet." 

 

Taehyung blushed. "She didn't have a shirt on a couple minutes ago... and her s are starting to form! They look nice- ouch!"!Seokjin had smacked his brother upside the head. "Stop thinking about it or else you'll have to take care of that , it'll get painful." Taehyung tilted his head. "Take care of it?" 

 

Seokjin nodded. "Yep, like I have to take care of Namjoon's. I use my mouth though." Taehyung gave Seokjin a confused look. "Could you fix mine?" Seokjin scrunched his nose up. "Ew! No! You'd want Yoonji to fix it like that!!! Disgusting...." 

 

Taehyung sighed. "She can’t see me right now..." Seokjin sighed and picked up Yeotan. "Come on little brother. Let me introduce you to the internet." Taehyung got up and followed his brother. "But I've used the internet hyung-" "Not like this, Taehyungie. Not like this." 

 

 

"You're really leaving today, noona?" Taehyung asked with a pout. He had followed Yoonji to their special spot. She sighed and nodded. "Yes and I'm sorry, Taehyungie.... I ruined our time together..." Taehyung smiled and shrugged. "It's okay. Seokjin-hyung taught me things while we couldn't be together." 

 

Yoonji tilted her head. "Like what?" Taehyung got closer and whispered. "He told me how to make that kinda white, kinda clear stuff come out- he showed me as well." Yoonji blushed and looked at the younger. "Why...?" Taehyung shrugged. "He said I had a because of you and I had to fix it or else it would hurt." 

 

Yoonji blinked a couple times, she was speechless. "He said that you could fix it for me next time, with your mouth." Yoonji's face was completely red. "I have to go Tae! I'll um.. see you when I see you..." Yoonji hesitated a bit before she gave Taehyung a super quick hug. 

 

"Bye, noona!" Taehyung shouted as Yoonji ran away. Taehyung sighed and pouted before Yeotan barked at him and scratched at his leg. "Im going to miss my noona.... but at least I have you now Tannie!" Taehyung said before he began to play with his puppy.