Summer ‘00

Glow

Taehyung tripped a little bit as he carried all the arts and crafts stuff over to Yoonji's. It was currently eight in the morning. Taehyung was struggling to get one of his hands free so he could knock on the door. But luckily before he could let go of everything and let it hit the ground, the door swung open. 

 

"Oh! Taehyungie! I was just about to go over and get you!" Yoonji said as she started to walk into the dinning room. "Mom! My friend is here! We're going to be using the dining room!" "Okay, sweetie!" Her mother said. 

 

Taehyung was struggling to put the items he had brought over onto the table. Yoonji took some of them and set them onto the table. "Do you need a phone book?" Taehyung nodded his head. "Okay! I'll go get Junki-oppa!" Taehyung watched as Yoonji ran into the next room. He heard her bound the stairs. 

 

Taehyung threw some of the pieces of cardboard onto the table and his box of crayons. Yoonji came back in running. "He's coming! Should I get my appa's special markers? I don't think crayons are gonna work on the card board, Taehyungie." 

 

Taehyung stared at Yoonji with his mouth agape. "Ummm... I don't know, my mommy told me not to use markers. Because I wrote all over the dog house in the backyard....and the chicken coop." Yoonji giggled. "It'll be okay. You'll be using them around me! I won't let you write on anything." Taehyung blushed a bit and smiled. "Thank you, noona!" 

 

Junki walked in and sighed. "Should I put something over Uncle's table?" He asked Yoonji. Yoonji smiled and nodded at her eldest brother. "We're gonna use appa's special markers!" Junki sighed again and walked back into the kitchen after he set the phone book down in Taehyung's chair. Yoonji smiled at Taehyung before she helped him onto the chair.

 

Junki walked back in with a plastic table cloth and tape. He quickly covered the table and taped it down as Yoonji ran off again to retrieve the markers. Junki looked at Taehyung. "Buddy, you gotta be careful with the markers okay?" Taehyung nodded. "Okay hyung!" 

 

Yoonji walked back in and set the packs of various colored markers down on the table. "Yoonji... don't get the markers out yet, I'm gonna get you both old shirts." Junki said before he ran upstairs.

 

Taehyung looked over at Yoonji. "Noona?" Yoonji turned to look at Taehyung. "Yes?" Taehyung sat up on his knees, leaning on the table for more support. "You look really pretty today." Yoonji blushed and smiled as she played with her hair. "Thank you, Taehyungie." 

 

Taehyung smiled and watched as Yoonji opened one of the packages of permanent markers and dumped them on the table. Taehyung reach out to grab a package, but Junki walked back in. 

 

"Here, Yoonji." He said as he handed her a shirt. He help Taehyung with his. "Alright, you two have fun!" Junki was about to leave but Yoonji got up and ran after him. Junki turned around and smiled down at his little sister. "Yes?" Yoonji reached up, making grabby hands at her eldest brother. 

 

Junki chuckled and picked her up. Yoonji wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. "Thank you, oppa!" She kissed him on the cheek before he walked over and set her back down on her chair. "You're welcome, beautiful. Just... if you two get in trouble, I didn't help you, got it?" 

 

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows. "No..." Junki chuckled and shook his head. "Yoonji, do you understand?" Yoonji nodded. "Yes... But we need your help with spelling and putting these signs up, oppa! We only trust you, right Taehyungie?" Taehyung quickly nodded his head. "Right, Noona!" 

 

Junki chuckled and sat on the other side of Yoonji. "You two are too cute. Alright, I'll help you dorks." The two youngest cheered, causing the eldest to laugh at their adorableness. "What do you two need help spelling?"

 

"Taehyungie and His Noona's Land?" Junki read out loud after he had nailed the sign to one of the trees at the entrance. "Yeah! I like being his Noona!" Yoonji exclaimed. Junki smiled. "Well, can I see it?" 

 

Yoonji shook her head. "It's our special spot, oppa!" Junki chuckled. "Alright, alright. Have fun you two." Yoonji waited till her oldest brother left to grab Taehyung's hand and drag him to their spot. 

 

 

Junki sighed as he walked back into the house and began to clean up the mess the little ones had made. He heard Seokjin and Namjoon walking back inside from the back. 

 

"Hyung... are you sure they'll think there were leeches in the lake?" Namjoon asked. Seokjin sighed. "Yes. They won't be able to tell that they're hickeys." Junki chuckled to himself as he brought the trash into the kitchen. The younger boys froze. 

 

Junki walked over to Namjoon and examined his neck. "Leeches huh? Damn, crazy that they only attacked your neck, Joonie." Namjoon swatted his brother's hands away. "Hyung! Stop it! No one can know, okay?" Junki sighed and rolled his eyes. "We were just experimenting anyways, Jin-hyung just wanted to see if he could do it on someone else." 

 

Junki chuckled and slowly nodded. "Sure. But Joonie, if you like guys, that's okay-" "No! I don't!" Junki sighed. "You really think mom and dad would care? Hello, Yoonji?!" Namjoon shook his head. "No, hyung. I can't do that to them. Imagine what people would say if they found out that mom and dad had two queer kids! They have enough trouble with Yoongi as it is!" 

 

Junki sighed. "YoonJI. And she's our little sister, there's nothing wrong with her OR you." Namjoon sighed and shook his head. "You don't get it, hyung." Namjoon said before he ran upstairs. Junki sighed and looked at Seokjin. "H-hyung... you're not gonna tell anyone right? My parents aren't like yours..." 

 

Junki sighed and patted Seokjin on the back as he lead him to the front door. "I won't say a word. I promise." Seokjin smiles and nodded, fixing his glasses afterwards. "Thank you hyung. Tell Joonie to call or come over when he's feeling better." 

 

Junki nodded and waved to the younger as he walked away. Junki sighed as he looked upstairs. He decided to leave his little brother alone for a while.

 

 

"Will he keep it a secret, Noona?" Taehyung asked. Yoonji nodded and smiled. "Of course! I'm Junki-oppa's favorite person in the whole wide world, he wouldn't hurt me!" Yoonji let go of Taehyung's hand and began to play with the fireflies. 

 

Taehyung giggled as he watched her. He walked up to her and smiled. "Noona, I think you're my favorite person in the wide world too!" Yoonji smiled and hugged the younger. "And you're mine, Taehyungie! Best friends forever?" 

 

She asked as she stuck her pinky out. Taehyung smiled and wrapped his tiny pinky around hers. "Best Friends Forever!" Taehyung shouted before they laughed and began to play.