c. two

Young Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The plane finally arrived at Busan. It was a short ride, but through those hours, I had managed to get closer to Jungkook. He was actually a very funny guy, so he never failed me to laugh. There was one time where he stood up to go to the bathroom, but he was too tall that he accidentally crashed his head onto the ceiling. I couldn't stop laughing when he started grabbing onto the top of his head and started laughing while crying like a maniac.

We managed to claim our baggages and we were now leaving the airport.

I turned to Jungkook with a small smile.

"Thank you so much for the fun. It was nice to meet you," I said.

Jungkook returned the smile.

"It was nice to meet you, too," he said. "I hope we get to meet more in the future."

I nodded.

"You still owe me dinner," I said. "Remember in the airplane?"

Jungkook chuckled.

"Right," he replied. "Are you free tomorrow?"

"No," I said. "I'm expensive."

Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"No, I'm serious," he said with a frown.

I giggled.

"Okay, fine. I'm free tomorrow," I responded.

Jungkook grinned.

"Well okay then. Tell me your phone number, so I can send you the details," he said.

I nodded and began telling him my phone number.

"What did you set my name to on your contacts?" I asked curiously and peeped at his phone.

"Seora," he replied.

I shook my head.

"You're so boring," I said disapprovingly. "I set you as Kookie uWu."

Jungkook chuckled.

"Fine," he said and set my name to "Cutie :D".

I rolled my eyes.

"Lame," I said with a playful smile.

Jungkook grinned.

He was about to say something, but stopped when my phone started ringing. I glanced at the screen and froze when I read Taehyung's name.

"Seora?" Jungkook called out, but I didn't reply.

The sadness that I had been trying to forget all this time suddenly came rushing back and it struck me like lightning. The motivation to forget everything and to start fresh washed away immediately and I suddenly didn't want to do anything. I just wanted to go to my hotel and lie on my bed with a bag of chips.

I gulped nervously before quickly stuffing the phone inside my pocket. I couldn't get myself to hang up the phone because I still loved Taehyung so much.

"S-sorry," I stuttered, snapping out of my trance of thoughts. I looked up at Jungkook and forced a smile.

"I think I have to go. See you later," I said and quickly ran away from him with my suitcase.

 

 

I had been lying on my bed for the past three hours already and never ever had my phone stopped buzzing. Although a big part of myself continued to warn me not to answer the phone, I couldn't help it. I couldn't stand the continuous ringing sounds of my phone and I also just couldn't bear to ignore Taehyung.

I hesitantly yet desperately swiped my screen and softly placed the phone on my ear.

"... Hello?" I stopped breathing when Taehyung spoke in the other line.

His voice was just like how I remembered: low and husky. But I noticed how weak his voice sounded and how quieter it got. It was the same voice, but it just felt so different.

"Seora..." Taehyung whispered.

I didn't answer. It was not that I didn't want to answer, I just couldn't answer. My lips were trembling and I feared that Taehyung would hear me crying. I immediately blocked my mouth with a hand when I began to sniff.

"I miss you."

I miss you, too.

I heard Taehyung sigh. It seemed like he was crying because he continued to whimper silently.

"It's okay if you don't want to speak to me. I wouldn't want to speak with me, too," Taehyung said.

Taehyung, I want to speak to you too, but I can't. I don't want to show you how weak I am right now.

"As much as I want to tell you what happened, I don't think you would want to listen."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter