c. thirteen

Young Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirteen

Seora's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night crying and breathing heavily because of a terrifying nightmare. It took me a while to settle my breaths and it was only when I calmed down that I realized where I was. For a moment, I really forgot who I was and where I was. These past few days felt like a movie to me and it almost overwhelmed how much chaos and drama there had been so far in my life. I've always lived the simple and quiet life; now I didn't know what to do. I didn't feel like me. I just wanted to go back to my normal life. 

I was going to stand up when I realized a pair of heavy, warm arms wrapped around my waist. I looked to the side and almost screamed in shock when I saw a boy's face snuggled into the corner between my neck and my collarbone. It was Jungkook. , right. We almost collapsed yesterday after watching five movies consecutively.

I slowly and quietly unwrapped his arms from my body. I almost tripped on my foot when I stepped out of the bed. I widened my eyes in shock and looked behind me hoping I didn't wake Jungkook up from my sudden spits of cursing. Luckily, that boy slept as if the world depended on his sleep. I chuckled. Not going to lie, his sleeping face was cute; his eyes were shut tight while his soft lips were slightly opened. His bangs that usually covered his forehead were peeking in all sorts of directions. 

I want to kiss him.

What the .

My impulsive thoughts better shut up, what the was that. I, for one, know that I for sure don't want to associate myself with a boy right now. I'm not in that state. And Jungkook's a ing friend. What the Seora.

I took a deep breath to calm my alarming emotions and quickly walked away like a guilty criminal.

The hallway was empty when I left Jungkook's room.

I sighed in disappointment. I hated myself for this. Why was I expecting to see him?

I walked down the stairs and was greeted by the sight of Namjoon making breakfast. I stopped in my steps. Should I just walk back upstairs? I didn't really know him and it felt awkward to start a conversation with him.

Unluckily for me, the said boy turned around at the perfect moment and locked gaze with me. My eyes widened in panic. , did he just catch me almost going upstairs to escape his presence?

To my surprise, Namjoon just gave me a warm, weirdly comforting smile and asked, "Do you want some breakfast?"

The sight of his dimples amazed me and I unknowingly nodded to his question even though I had no idea what he just asked me.

"Come sit down. I'm preparing the pancakes," he said. 

"So how's your day been?" he asked casually, amusing me greatly seeming how much he struggled to flip the pancakes. 

I almost wanted to laugh, but I gulped it in and sat there with my hands clenched.

"Uh fine haha, just woke up a small nightmare, but nothing big," I responded.

Namjoon nodded.

"Yeah, yesterday was just a mess. Can't believe the boys really punched each other after all those years of friendship," he said, trying to scrap off the burned pancakes at the surface of the pan. 

I sighed. 

I couldn't help but to wonder if this was all my fault.

Was this my fault? No, please don't let it be. What's so ing special about me? I don't know about that question, but I for sure know that I'm not worth a fight.

"Look, Seora," Namjoon suddenly spoke with a grim tone, almost scaring me in the process. "I know we're not really close, so pardon me if this warning comes off as disrespectful to you, but I have known these two boys for almost my entire life. I know who they really are, their feelings, their problems and their stories. Yesterday was not typical. Actually, it was something so rare that even with the 10 years of our friendship, I didn't know how to respond.  So please, just know that your actions have consequences, even if you didn't really do them intentionally. I can tell you're attracted to both, but don't play with fire when you're not ready to be burnt."

I froze. I didn't expect to hear this from Namjoon. I didn't know how I was feeling right now. Part of me felt mad at him because he somehow came out as condescending to me, but yet again, he was speaking no lies. He knew the situation better than me. He was the bird looking over us and he had every right to protect his friends.

"I- I'm.. sorry," I managed to whisper.

Namjoon turned around to face me, one of his brows raised. "I didn't say that expecting an apology, Seora. I'm not trying to sound condescending. I really care for my friends and I'm just really worried of what you're doing to them. I know you didn't do it intentionally, but I know you're aware that you're causing the problem."

"Listen, the only problem I have here is that you know what you're doing, you're aware of the impact you have on these boys, but look at you, you're

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter