Waking Up

Scars To Your Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Waking up is strange. Seungwan opened her eyes and looked around, adjusting to the darkness.

Wait.

The room is dark. There is no safety light in the middle of the ceiling, no shafts of light coming through the screen through the door.

What else?

It’s quiet. No knocking on your door to wake you up at 7:00 a.m. every day, no staff walking down the corridor, no alarms or shouting or noise. You can choose when you want to get up, when to eat, when to have a shower.

It's should be fun for Seungwan.

Finally, the freedom to do what she wants, when she wants. But it’s harder than it sounds. For almost a year now, she had been told exactly what to do and when to do it. Her life has been dictated by timetables and care plans and rotas. Filled with individual therapy and group therapy and endless “distractions” of arts and crafts and board games. No more clingy girls no more jealousy and no more fighting with each other over trivial things. It felt nice and quiet. But maybe she missed it too. It might sound strange but somewhere in her heart she missed but not being in there she missed being with those people who helped to bring her inner self. 

 

Wendy entered the coffee shop with a bright smile though she was wearing a black mask she was smiling to herself. No one would believe that this girl was in a mental hospital for a year. There weren't much customers in the cafe, just 2 couples were in their own world. They didn't even notice a small figure entered the cafe. Wendy found her favourite table in the corner by the window where she could see the busy street and people rushing to their respected places. She removed her mask and smiled at a little girl going to school holding her fathers hand. She didn't notice the waitress was waiting for her order. 

"Ahem"

"Sorry I was distracted a bit."

"It's okay miss. What would you like today?"

"Same as usual"

"Coming right up" The waiter said in a cheerful voice and Wendy smiled at the younger girl. 

Wendy has been coming here for like a month. It's her favourite place after being released. Red velvet are not having any comebacks yet so Wendy is spending her vacation though she didn't leave the country. She wanted to spend her vacation here and she lived in a apartment alone. That was the first thing she asked her manager to grant after she got released. She wanted to spend some t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter