Eight

MR DISORDER

The door knocked a few times as I rubbed my itchy eyes. “Hmmm.” I answered those knocking while Aunt Mijoo opened the door slowly and peeked at me. She was looking at me with her confused face making me face her back. “What is it?” I asked before yawning in sleepiness. My body was still plastered on the bed, the same goes to my head. Still on the pillow, not wanting to wake up.

 

“Do you realize what time it is now?” she asked me as I frowned my forehead.

 

I took my phone before I rounded my eyes to see the time right now. “Immo! Why didn't you wake me up earlier?!” I shouted as I ran up to the bathroom, leaving Aunt Mijoo dumbfounded. I brushed my teeth around 30 seconds and took a little bath around 2 minutes. As I was in uniform, I ran towards the kitchen before taking a sip of milk in front of me.

 

“Noona, that’s mine.”

 

I, who was drinking the milk, looked at Chanyeol. I finished all the milk before putting it back in front of Chanyeol. “Thank you and you can drink mine.” I said as I caressed his curly thick hair and rushed out from the house. Wait? I did that to Chanyeol? Touch his hair? Ugh whatever.

 

As soon as I reached the school entrance, the gate was already closed. I caught some breath while wiped sweat on my forehead. “Aish this is all Chanyeol’s fault! If I didn’t lecture him yesterday, I will come early today.” I blabbered alone.

 

“You are late.”

 

I jumped in surprise as I looked around, seeking that familiar voice. I spun around to see… Hyungwon… He was standing behind the gate but he was practically inside the school while I was outside. I was too shy to even look at him so I decided to ditch school. I was about to make a step, he added. “Skip school huh?” he did it again and made me sighed.

 

“Stop it! You make me look like a bad girl.” I complained as he only giggled.

 

He crossed his arms on his broad chest charmingly. “Need help?”

 

I pouted. “Of course I am.”

 

He pointed towards the wall. “Climb that wall. I will take care from here.” he said, making me feel more doubtful. I bit my lips hesitantly before Hyungwon chuckled softly. “Come on. I will make sure you will not hurt.” he convinced me as I slowly moved towards the wall. It was not that high but it will take a lot of strength to climb it. “Are you climbing?” Hyungwon asked.

 

I nervously breathe. “Not yet.”

 

“Come on. Class has started and I’m sure you don’t want to be late for your quiz.” he assured me again.

 

! Quiz! I took a deep breath. “Move aside. I will throw my bag.” I said as I threw my bag across the wall. “Okay. I’m coming.” I alarmed him before I climbed with all the small strength that I had. Lack of sleep and only milk as breakfast, my energy will not be 100 percent but for the quiz, I needed to push all out. After 15 minutes of climbing that wall, I took a seat on the wall, caught some air.

 

“Hey bad girl! You better come down now or the teacher will see us.” Hyungwon teasingly said make me realise that the wall was not that high from down there but quite high from up here.

 

I looked at Hyungwon. “Are you sure I will be okay if I jump now?” I asked in a nervous.

 

He smiled. “Trust me. I will get you.” he smiled and that proved everything. I trust him. I closed my eyes, not wanting to see the height. “If I break my bones, please let me at least sit for my quiz and yeah… let’s go to hospital after that, okay Hanseol.” I persuaded myself. I can hear Hyungwon was laughing down there and I chose to ignore him because I will be forever up here if I am sensitive over his laugh.

 

“Here I go.” I told him and with my eyes closed tightly, I jumped from the wall. In a second, I felt arms catching me and I knew Hyungwon had caught me with his strong arms. I smiled before hugging his neck. His scent, I know it.

 

I felt like someone was watching me as I opened my eyes slowly, Hyungwon’s eyes were on me with his most beautiful smile. “You did it.” he said with a half whisper voice made me smile in blush. Please stop the time, please… Hyungwon slowly put me on the ground again before picking up my bag and he wore it for me. The most gentle thing he did, he dusted away dirt on my uniform. Such a gentle man.

 

“How did you know I came late today?” I asked while we walked together to the school building.

 

He only shrugged his shoulder. “I just kind of felt like meeting you and then I asked Seunghee, she said she is finding you too. Then, I saw someone familiar at the school gate.” he explained everything made me smile. We suddenly became silent for a minute as I could feel awkward moments between me and him. These had never happened in my whole life being awkward with Hyungwon.

 

“So, how is our deal?” Hyungwon broke the silent.

 

“Deal?” I was confused until I remembered last night's conversation. “Ohh the d-date?” I nervously said it. Gosh.

 

Hyungwon smiled before stopping me. He stared at me with a full hope to make my heart skipped. “I will wait for you after school, okay?” he said as he winked and just left me in red blushed.

 

Did he just winked at me?

 

The school ended as Seunghee and I walked out from the class. “Oh Seunghee ya, can you go home alone today?” I asked him make she looked at me in dumb.

 

“Why? You get detention because you came late to school?” she questioned in worry. I wanted to tell her but I was afraid she would feel offended and thought that I left him and more towards Hyungwon. I my lips in guilt. Should I go back with Seunghee and come again to meet Hyungwon here? Seunghee who was staring at my action suddenly smiled as she shook my arm. “Just go.”

 

I looked at her in surprise. “Y-yes?”

 

“I know, you have a date with Hyungwon, right?” I did not know that she was guessing or she was just teasing me. “Don’t worry, just go. This is the only opportunity for you and him.” Seunghee encouraged me and hugged her in my arms tightly.

 

“Seunghee yaaa….”

 

Seunghee struggling as she tried to push me away but ended up hugged me back in happy. “Ahhh don’t worry. I can go home by my own. But!” she pushed me slowly before glared at me. “Don’t forget to tell me the whole date tomorrow okay?”

 

Both of us burst into laughter as I went out to Hyungwon who was waiting at the entrance of school. “Hyungwon ah…” I greeted him as he turned around, facing me with his tender smile.

 

“How about Seunghee? Is she okay?” he asked before I nodded in assurance.

 

Hyungwon smiled before the two of us took a bus nearby the school. It was my first time having a private time with Hyungwon. Usually, Seunghee will follow along even though she always gives us some spaces together but today was different! It was only me and Hyungwon. Just us. The first unofficial date will be the greatest memory for me and of course, in my whole life! Hope to have a second date.

 

The time reached 6pm as I came back home with a happy feeling, happy face and happy heart. Smile did not fade even a bit from my lips. “I’m home.” I went into the house as Aunt Mijoo was the first one to greet me. “Go out with Seunghee again?” she asked while serving dishes on the dining table. I nodded with a smile before I flopped on the couch in fatigue. Tired but happy.

 

“Hanseol ah, go and call Chanyeol. Let’s dinner together.” once Aunt Mijoo mentioned ‘Chanyeol’, my smile disappeared. Like a magic!

 

I howled in reluctance. “No, I don’t want to.” I rejected it instantly.

 

“Ya Gong Hanseol…”

 

“I want to bath.” I said before I went straight to my room, avoiding Aunt Mijoo’s lectures after all. I took my bath while singing a random song under the shower. After I took a bath and put on pajamas, the door knocked. “What is it?” I asked from inside as I dried my wet hair with a towel.

 

Silent.

 

I looked at the door. “Immo?”

 

“M-Me.”

 

I rolled my eyes. I know that whiny deep voice. “What do you want?” I asked lazily.

 

The door opened before Aunt Mijoo came in with Chanyeol behind her, hiding perhaps. “Hanseol, can you please stop this?” Aunt Mijoo asked, sounding like a real mother. I looked away while I kept drying my hair. I knew her purpose coming to my room with that boy. “Chanyeol told me everything already.” Aunt Mijoo added.

 

“So was it my fault?” I questioned sarcastically.

 

I heard Aunt Mijoo sighed. “I know. It was Chanyeol’s fault but he’s just 8 years old, dear.” she tried to console me as she sat on my bed. “I heard everything. He is scared of you. I know you can’t accept him but at least, understand him for being a kid when he is an adult. He didn’t ask to be like this.” advised Aunt Mijoo which bit by bit touched my heart. He is sick, Hanseol. He is sick.

 

I looked at Aunt Mijoo before heaved a sigh. “Fine.” I replied to her in short and simple. “But what if he did again?”

 

Aunt Mijoo held my hand. “Just for four months. Please.” assured her as I rolled my eyes.

 

I sighed, a long sigh. “Fine.”

 

I changed my sight to Chanyeol who was standing like a doll at the edge of the room, making me breathe in deeply. Four months. Just four months. Aunt Mijoo suddenly left only me and Chanyeol in the room made me ignore him and just continue drying my hair. Chanyeol seemed so anxious as I faced him. “Do you have anything to say to me?” I asked him before he slowly came closer to me.

 

“Noona…”

 

I glanced at him. “What?”

 

“I’m sorry.” he said softly with his deep husky voice.

 

“I told you how to say sorry, remember?”

 

Chanyeol looked up at me before quickly bowing 90 degrees towards me. “I’m sorry.” he apologized simultaneously.

 

I crossed my arms on my chest. “I can’t hear you.”

 

“Noona, I’m sorry!” he said loud and clear to make me satisfied enough.

 

“Good. Don’t make trouble again, understand?” I warned as he nodded quickly. I was about to stand up, he stopped me. “Hanseol noona..” he called my name but his head was still lowered down, looking on the floor. I eyed him with confusion. “Can we play together? I want to play with noona.” he said while his finger tugged on his yellow pajama.

 

I rolled my eyes. “I don’t know how to play.” I tried to refuse him.

 

“I will play well. I promise.”

 

I was stopped by his word. Promise? I looked at his eyes deeply as he instantly lowered his gaze again. He seems scared of me again. I slowly patted his shoulder. “We will play later. Now, let’s eat.” I said as I dragged him out from the room. He just followed me from behind, picked one of his dinosaur toys with him before I stopped him and circled his eyes which were already round like a golf ball.

 

“One more thing. Don’t ever promise with me or I won’t play with you anymore. Understand?” I reminded him as he slowly nodded in obedience.