Forty Six

MR DISORDER

I woke up with my puffy eyes and harsh words from Chanyeol yesterday still played in my mind. Why was he so rude and a jerk? I massaged my forehead in pain before the door was opened. Aunt Mijoo appeared with a glass of water in her hand as she sat down beside me on the bed. She passed the water to me and made me drink it in a thirst. “Where were you yesterday? Why are you fainted at other people’s houses?”

 

Aunt Mijoo asked me to stop me from drinking. “I fainted?” I looked around the room. “Who brought me here? Is it-” I rounded my eyes. Chanyeol? I looked at my aunt since she had no expression on her face.

 

“It’s me, you rascal!” she hit my arm as I jumped in hurt.

 

So it’s Aunt Mijoo. How Chanyeol got her number? “So you meet him, immo?” I asked Aunt Mijoo out of curiosity. “He is similar to Chanyeol, right?”

 

She sighed before hugging me suddenly. “He is not similar, dear. Are you really missing him that much?” she softly rubbed my back.

 

Wait? Not similar? I pushed her lightly, making Aunt Mijoo surprised. “Not similar? It is the same. Even his name.” I exclaimed in confidence.

 

Aunt Mijoo rubbed her neck and she looked stressed. “Hanseol ah, wake up dear. The one that call me is a short man with name Byun Baekhyun and not Park Chanyeol.” Aunt Mijoo told make me even more shook. Baekhyun? Oh it’s Chanyeol’s cousin right? “He said he is your friend and he found you fainted in front of his house and fortunately, I was calling you since it was almost midnight and he picked up the call. I was surprised, thought that you have a new boyfriend but he mentioned that you fainted. End of story. Did I ever mentioned Park Chanyeol’s name, Hanseol?”

 

I heaved a deep breath before facing Aunt Mijoo in apology. “I’m sorry, immo. I was... tired yesterday.” I told her, slowly calmed her worried expression.

 

She thumbed my cheek in love. “It’s okay, dear. Now, rest first. I told Seunghee that you will take a leave today and she will tell your lecturers about this. And I also told Seungcheol the same thing too.” she added to make me smile.

 

“Thanks, Immo. You’re the best!” I hugged her in my arms as she giggled and replied to my hug back.

 

Aunt Mijoo stood up before pushing me down to lie on the bed. “I will prepare lunch for you and you rest here okay.” She pulled the thick blanket and covered me. “Oh by the way, that Baekhyun said that once you are okay, call him back.”

 

I stopped for a while and just nodded to follow the flow of yesterday's story. Once Aunt Mijoo walked out, I quickly took my phone and I remembered that Baekyun had given me his phone number before as I dialled his number as soon as possible. “Hello, Baekhyun shi?”

 

“Oh hello, Hanseol shi?”

 

“Yes, I am. Thank you for yesterday and sorry if I burden you.” I said in guilt.

 

He giggled. “It’s okay. So you met Chanyeol again yesterday I bet?”

 

I was speechless. “Well, I just wanted him to remember everything but he-” My words stuck as I could feel my voice was shaky and my eyes got teary,

 

“He insisted on remembering it. I know it.” He paused for a while. “I loved him since he is like my own brother and your action yesterday make he upset yesterday that he threw a tantrum to everyone in the house because of you.”

 

I felt more pressure now.

 

“But I can help you, Hanseol shi. This time, you do not need to beg him like yesterday. I will help you to make him remember about you.” he said in assurance.

 

“Are you sure he is willing to remember about his past? He said he did not want to remember his past.” I asked in hesitation.

 

He snickered and I could feel that he was smiling now. “Trust me. He will change his mind. Once you are well rested, I will pick you up from your house and we meet Chanyeol, okay?”

 

“Yes, sure and you do not need to pick me up. I will come to your mansion later.” I rejected his invitation since it will be a burden for him to pick me and went back to the mansion again.

 

“Are you sure? You looked so pale yesterday.” he sounded concerned now. Woah… what did I do to deserve these people to worry about me?

 

I smiled happily. “I am very sure about it. I already took my medication and I’m quite healthier than yesterday. I will come in an hour. Bye.” I rushed before quickly ending the phone call. Afraid that Baekhyun will ask me to stay and rest and sleep and blah blah. It will shorten my time with Chanyeol if I delay and I will make sure that Chanyeol will remember everything today!

 

I got up and took a fresh bath. Once I was done, I wore a simple baby blue long dress, below my knees and caked my face with some light makeup. I put a little braid on my hair and wore the hair clip that Chanyeol used to give me before. I smiled at my reflection in the mirror before running out quickly.

 

Aunt Mijoo who was busy cooking, caught a glimpse of me and she moved to me worriedly. “Ya Gong Hanseol, where are you going?” she palmed my forehead in concern. “Are you fully rested?” she asked again.

 

I giggled before nodding assured. “Yes, I’m good. Oh ya, I’ll be back a bit late today. Love you, Immo!” I pecked her cheek as I ran to the nearest bus station and on my lucky day, I got a bus on time. I was whistling happily at some random songs and some people were looking at me weird and some of them can’t help it but smile along with me.

 

Once I reached their neighbourhood, I hopped on my foot on the road while spun around to make me look like I was in a theatre dancing in the rain with my dress following my moves. I stood up in front of the mansion before taking out my phone and turning the self camera mode to fix my hair and makeup. Before I could ring the bell, the huge gate was automatically opened widely to make a way for me to get in. It was very welcoming as the guard bowed to me in politeness and made me bow 90 degrees in happiness.

 

Baekhyun who was at the door as he giggled to see me smile like a mad woman. “He is in the living room, waiting for you.” he said.

 

I smiled widely. “He is waiting for me? Really?” I asked again as I felt like I wanted to listen to those words again.

 

He chuckled in funny. “Ya, stop it~ Yes, he is waiting for you. Remember, whatever he said even though it is a bit harsh, just bear in mind that you want him to remember you and for me, I just want him to heal perfectly, okay?” he convinced me.

 

I nodded in understanding and I was quite nervous. What he will say if he sees me again? Will he be mad just like yesterday? Or not? I walked slowly to the living room with my heart stomped like crazy before my eyes fell on his perfect figure who was focusing on his reading the book. I faced Baekhyun, too scared to start first.

 

Baekhyun quickly stepped towards him. “Chanyeol ah, here she is.” he whispered but quite audible for me.

 

Chanyeol changed his sight to me and our eyes met made me wobble. He did not say anything and just left us hanging and walked out from the mansion. Both me and Baekhyun looked at each other before Baekhyun pulled me out, chased him. Chanyeol was waiting at the car while his driver was welcoming me to the porch. “This way, master young lady.” The driver led me to the back of the car and I could even fantasize like I was a princess. Aish Hanseol, focus on your work.

 

I got into the car while Baekhyun nodded to me in assurance before Chanyeol got into the car, the same as me. I was so jumpy that I made a distance with him since I could smell his cologne.

 

“Where are we going, Young Master Chanyeol?” asked the driver as he slowly drove out from the porch.

 

I faced Chanyeol as he looked at me back. “Just follow her.” Chanyeol said without hesitation as I looked at the driver who was waiting for my answer.

 

“Urm, can you drive us to the food street that was near to the small mall at the end of the street?” I asked politely to make him nod in understanding.

 

I smiled in satisfaction while looking outside like a first time kid riding a car. “Where are we going?” Chanyeol broke the silent.

 

“Well, we are going to the food street that you used to like. You were so-” I stopped from continuing my words since Chanyeol was glancing at me dumbfounded. “I will tell you once we arrived.” I mumbled before deciding to keep quiet along the driving.

 

The drive stopped us at the side road with a lot of people walking towards the food street. And of course, mostly there were students from my old school and some other schools visited the market because it was the cheapest food that you can get. Chanyeol started to stare at them in disgust before I faced him. “Are you ready?” I asked.

 

He sighed. “I did this because of my cousin and it will be lucky enough if I remember it.” he said coldly, making me roll my eyes in annoyance. What did Baekhyun say that made him change his mind like this? “And I will only give you today to make me remember everything and if I couldn’t, stop pushing me to remember about this anymore, understand?” he warned, making me nod in fear.

 

I will make it by today!

 

We walked through the crowd and I could feel Chanyeol was most likely avoiding from getting touched by the people around him. I pulled his sleeve near to me. “You will fall down if you keep avoiding them, scaredy cat.” I said as he glared at me as usual.

 

“What do you call me? Scaredy cat?”

 

I shook my head with his annoying attitude before I saw a stall that I used to go to when I was in high school. “Ya you! Wait for me!” Chanyeol shouted as he fastened his steps towards me. A boy who looked like a high school student was serving the stall and made me look around, seeking for the aunt that used to sell here.

 

“Yes, ms. What can I help you, ms?” asked the boy.

 

I smiled at him. “Do you know an old lady that sells here? If I’m not mistaken her name, Aunt Haesoo?” I guessed as Chanyeol stayed still beside me bored.

 

“Oh that’s my mum. Hold on for a while. I will call her.” he ran to the back of the stall as we waited at the front of the stall. I looked at Chanyeol and I could tell that he was bored. “So, just one day you give me to make me remind you?”

 

He changed his sight to me. “Yes, only one day and it is today.” he pressed on the words ‘One Day’ and I knew, he only gave me this one chance only.

 

“But why only one day? You had spent time with me for almost 4 months and you only gave me one day? Do you think it is fair?” Well, to make this stubborn and jerk man like him to remember all the memories in one day is impossible.

 

“Because I don’t have much time for you. I need to prepare for my engagement.”

 

My heart stopped beating. “E-Engagement?”

 

“Yes, with Hani.”

 

My lips could not even state any word before my fingers started to squeeze my dress. “How long did you know her?” I questioned.

 

“15 years.” he answered shortly. “Longer than I know you.”

 

“Do you love her?”

 

Chanyeol faced me quickly. “What?”

 

I shook my head. “Nothing. Forget it.” I denied. “All men love y girls.” I mumbled.

 

In a second, Chanyeol turned me around and made me face him in quite close distance. “What did you say just now?” he asked with his deep hoarse voice.

 

I rounded my eyes in astonishment. Not because of his fierce look, but how close we were. “I said nothing.” I answered bravely.

 

“No, I heard it all.”

 

“I already said nothing, why are you insisting me to repeat everything?” I raised my voice.

 

He looked not satisfied now. “You did mumble something bad about me, right?”

 

“I said no.”

 

“Yes, you are.”

 

“No.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“I said-”

 

My words stopped as I saw an old lady that I used to meet before smiling at us. “Aigoo, both of my babies had grown up~” Aunt Haesoo smiled, showing her wrinkles on her face before hugging both of us. “My beautiful Hanseol and little kid, Chanyeol.”

 

Both me and Chanyeol looked at each other from her shoulder and of course, Chanyeol was the one who was surprised the most.