Forty One

MR DISORDER

Two years later

 

I ran up through the stairs all the way to Mrs Koo’s office on the 5th floor while I was still on the 2nd floor. I wiped my sweat when I reached the 4th floor and kept up my strength until I reached the 5th floor. I fixed my yellow cardigan while tucked some strand hair behind my ear before taking a deep breath. I knocked the door twice as a voice said ‘come in’ from inside made me smile widely.

 

I opened the door before I ducked my head in. Mrs Koo, who was focused on marking paper on her table, made me step in slowly. “Mrs Koo? Are you busy?” I asked, afraid that I bothered her concentration.

 

She gave a soft smile as she invited me to take a seat in front of her. I nodded before slowly laid my bum down. “Yes, Ms Gong Hanseol. How can I help you today?’ she asked while removing her thick rounded spectacles and put it aside.

 

I handed her a compile of paper and she looked at it cluelessly. “I had prepared the research on the disease which Schizophrenia as per your requested.” I said clearly in confidence.

 

Mrs Koo looked speechless as I cleared my throat lightly, making her oblivious again. “Is everything okay, Mrs Koo?” I asked as she smiled again at me.

 

“I will look thoroughly, Ms Gong. Thank you for the early submission.” she enlightened before patting my arm in pride.

 

I smiled before bowing 90 degrees in politeness. I walked out from her room as my phone rang from my pocket. I stared at the screen phone before a smile carved on my lips and I picked up the call without hesitation. “Yes, Hyun Seunghee.” I said while walking down the stairs slowly.

 

“Where are you, Hanseol?”

 

“I just sent my report to my lecturer. Why?”

 

“I wait at the garden at your faculty, okay?”

 

I smiled. “Okay. I’ll come.” I fastened my steps before I saw two short figures from behind make me giggled. I tiptoed to them as I screamed and made them jump out in a freak. I laughed when I saw both of their reactions. Seunghee slapped my arm a few times while Jihoon or Woozi palmed his chest, still in surprise.

 

“Ya! What if I die here?!” Seunghee whined with her small pout and I hugged her arm in giddy.

 

“Sorry, cute baby~” I pinched her cheek as she ducked her lips even more. “Both of you just finish class?” I asked before the three of us walked together at the hallway.

 

Jihoon took out his phone while checking on something. “Oh we have another one class then we are done. You?” he asked as he scrolled on his class schedule. Whatever class Jihoon’s attend, there will be Seunghee because they were in one faculty which was engineering and I was from a science course majoring in psychiatric. However, we were able to meet up since we were still in university.

 

“I don’t have class anymore. Perhaps go back and do my job.” I told them.

 

Seunghee faced me. “Do you still work at the Shin Cafe?” she asked as I nodded. “Ya, aren’t you tired? Classes, assignments and work all day? You will faint one day.” she blabbered like a grandmother.

 

I giggled. “I’m strong enough, Seunghee. Don’t worry.” I ensured her and made her sighed. By her sighing, I knew she was worried about me. I encircled her shoulders. “I will take care of myself, okay. Oh yeah come to my cafe tomorrow. We have free drinks for couple for valentine day tomorrow.” I promoted my cafe as both of them faced me, looking like they were interested in it.

 

“Alright, will come.” Seunghee said as Jihoon nodded in agreement. “Oh Hanseol ah, do you hear anything about Hyungwon?” she questioned.

 

I thinned my lips. Hyungwon. Chae Hyungwon. A man that can make any girl fall for him included me. I remembered every single thing we had done together since we were young. “He called me yesterday night.” I murmured with a low voice.

 

Seunghee stopped before shooting a glare at me. “What?! He did call you and not me?” she asked, not satisfied. “What kind of friend is he.” she complained and made me giggle.

 

“He said he wanted to call you but he is afraid your boyfriend will be jealous.” I as I elbowed Jihoon who was mostly very quiet when me and Seunghee were talking. I didn’t know how Seunghee and him could be a couple because they have different personalities. Seunghee was loud and Jihoon was a quiet and shy person but they were getting along well until I felt like Seunghee was lucky to have Jihoon and so did he.

 

“Is he now an idol?” she asked, making me nod.

 

“Almost there. He asked us to pray for him and come to his first debut show.” I said as Seunghee clapped her hands happily. She linked her arm with me. “I’m really proud of him. Are you proud of him, Hanseol?” Seunghee asked.

 

I nodded in happiness. “Of course, I am proud of him.” I said.

 

Once we reached the entrance gate, I waved them a goodbye as I walked back home. I wanted to stay at the hostel here but Aunt Mijoo will be alone at home with no one so I decided to live at home and come to class like going to school. As I arrived at the house, Aunt Mijoo was already in the house, preparing some dishes as per usual. “I’m home~” I chanted while walking in.

 

Aunt Mijoo spun around before she got to me. “Hanseol ah~ How was your class, dear?” she asked as we walked together to my room.

 

I snickered. “Well, same as everyday. Nothing changed, immo.” I said I was tired before throwing myself on my bed.

 

“Okay, now bath and eat with me. You have work, right?” she asked, making me nod in weak.

 

Aunt Mijoo went out of the room as I rolled myself on the bed before I felt the stung on my back make me sit up straight in pain. “Ouch!” I rubbed my back before looking around the bed, looking for things that I hit on.

 

My heart stopped as my eyes stopped at the mini dinosaur toy on my bed. My hand was shaking while slowly picking up that toy. I didn’t know why my heart felt like it tore apart and tears started to roll on my cheek without my notice. Chanyeol… It had been two years and I still haven’t seen him anymore. I closed my eyes tightly, rewinded all my memories with him. His laughter and cry.

 

“I miss you, Chanyeol…” I uttered under my breath before I hugged the dinosaur toy instantly.

 

The time walked too fast as I can’t even believe that Chanyeol had left me and Aunt Mijoo for almost two years. I woke up from my sleep while Chanyeol’s dinosaur was in my grip. I looked at the clock as the time showed almost 4pm. Time for me to get ready for my part time work. Since Chanyeol left us, I work the night shift until 10 pm so I won’t stay at home with all the memories and shadow that Chanyeol’s left.

 

I tied my hair into a ponytail before I took my sling bag and wore it. I walked out of my room to see Aunt Mijoo was with her laptop on the sofa. I smiled as I stepped closer to her and hugged her from behind. “Immo~” I leaned my cheek on hers.

 

Aunt Mijoo smiled. “Are you going to your cafe?” she asked as we broke the hug.

 

I nodded. “Do you need any smoothie or coffee? I will pack one for you once I finish my shift working.” I offered.

 

“Sure. Bring me one ice americano.” ordered her.

 

“Okay~” I agreed as I bid goodbye to her and moved out to the cafe which was just 5 km away from my house. Not that far and I could just walk from home and the bus will be better after all.

 

I arrived at the cafe as Seungcheol, one of my work mates greeted me with his warm smile. “Hey Hanseol.” He welcomed me as usual and I replied to him with my sincere smile. He was the sweetest guy I have ever met before. Even sweeter than Hyungwon. He was very shy, polite and quite good looking. I knew him from Jihoon as he said that he had been friends with Seungcheol since they were young and that was cool.

 

“How was your study?” asked Seungcheol who was wiping the coffee machine in front of him.

 

I curved a smile. “Well, good. Thank you for asking, Seungcheol shi.” I thanked him for taking care of my studies, especially even when I was working. I was about to switch on the smoothie machine as my eyes fell on the hair clip on my hair from the reflection of the machine. A smile carved without notice from my lips. “I will be a good wife.” I uttered alone.

 

“Yes, you will be a good wife.”

 

I spun around to see Seungcheol was staring at me.

 

“I think you will be a good wife and that guy will be lucky to have a good wife like you.” he added, making me blush in embarrassment.

 

I elbowed him playfully as both of us giggled instantly. “And you will be the sweetest husband in the world. Your wife will be lucky.” I praised him as he smiled proudly.

 

“I will wait for that lucky girl and I hope she is a good wife that I mentioned before.” he mumbled but quite audible for me. When did he mention the girl's name? I got confused but I just faked a smile, hope that will ease him. “By the way, nice hair clip. Why do you always wear it, Hanseol?” Seungcheol started to turn on the coffee machine while grinded the coffee bean.

 

I was quiet suddenly because I haven’t said this name before or even at anyone except Seunghee and Aunt Mijoo. I looked away as I pretended to be busy at the cashier place. “Someone gave me a present.” I uttered while checked on the cashier machine.

 

“That person must be happy if he or she sees you wearing it because you always bring it along with you anywhere.” he said, making me freeze. He will never know about it. Never.

 

I pushed my sad feeling away as a few customers started to come into the cafe. We served as usual and that was how I make life busy instead of staying in the house with those sweet memories that I need to forget and it kept hunting me. Wake up in the morning and straight to university for classes and then back home just to get ready for work. Then I work until late at 10pm and come back home for sleep. Fully packed and worth enough for me.