Twelve

MR DISORDER

That night, Aunt Mijoo was coming home quite early and she brought us fried chicken and of course, Chanyeol, the first one to be happy. He didn’t eat something like this for a month and now he got it, he must be happy. The whole time me and Aunt Mijoo were laughing with Chanyeol cheeky personalities. I might not know him but he seems harmless to me so yeah, I slowly tried to accept him in this house. As we ate all of the chicken, I washed my hands before Chanyeol came in suddenly.

 

He washed his hands slightly and he looked like he was rushing. I pulled his hand. “Ya, you should wash your hands properly.” I scolded him and he pouted his lips.

 

“I had washed just now.” he whined with his duck lips.

 

I sighed. I pulled him to me before bringing his hands to the sink and washed it thoroughly. “We just ate oily food. We should wash it with soap.” I lectured as he was still waiting for his hands to be finished washing.

 

“Noona, faster. Aunt Mijoo wanted to give me new toys.” he complained in a hurry as I shook my head.

 

I poured some soaps on his hands before rinsing it cleanly. “When it comes to toys, you are faster than taking a bath.” I mouthed under my breath and as I did, he quickly ran to Aunt Mijoo.

 

The night came while the sky became darker. I sat on the couch while finishing Chanyeol’s ice cream that he left half way. Aunt Mijoo took a seat beside me as I fed her some ice cream and she smiled. “Seems like you are good now with him.” Aunt Mijoo said, broke the silent between us. I shrugged my shoulder. I had doubts with myself too. Either I was okay with him or not.

 

“Well, it takes time.” I answered.

 

Aunt Mijoo snickered. “It takes a month for you to accept him.”

 

I nodded. “He is quite troublesome but sometimes, he can be a good companion for me when you are not around.” I said, sounding like praising that little boy. All of a sudden, my mind reminded me of the question and answer game that I did with Chanyeol last time. I looked at Aunt Mijoo seriously. “Immo…” I called her as Aunt Mijoo faced me.

 

“What happened to Chanyeol actually?” I questioned what made Aunt Mijoo astonished, probably because of my question.

 

“Why? Is there anything happening?” she asked in worry.

 

I shook my head. “He said that he was 23 years old. He told me that he got into an accident 5 years ago. Does he have an accident just like my parents?” I asked as Aunt Mijoo smiled before hugging me into her arms.

 

“Maybe. I don’t know what had happened to him but Aunt Jiho had said that he was involved in a car accident when he was young and when he woke up the next day, he acted like a kid.” answered Aunt Mijoo without notice my tears rolled on my cheeks. “Poor him, right?” Aunt Mijoo added as she hugged me tighter and made me cry on her chest.

 

You are lucky nobody left you, Park Chanyeol. Eomma, Appa… I really miss you. So much.

 

Aunt Mijoo realized that I was crying as she caressed my hair softly. “It’s okay, dear. You miss your parents, huh?” She left a peck on my hair and made me embrace her closely. Aunt Mijoo was the only I have in this world besides Seunghee and Hyungwon. But without Aunt Mijoo, I probably would have been sent to an orphanage.

 

“What about the scratches on his body?” I asked a random question.

 

Aunt Mijoo sighed. “He was abused from the child care that Aunt Jiho sent him. That is why Chanyeol did not want to be send to that child care anymore.” what came out from Aunt Mijoo’s mouth made me even more surprised.

 

“Did Aunt Jiho report this to the police?” I asked in worry.

 

She nodded. “The child care has been closed and that is why he is here.” Aunt Mijoo answered before poking the tip of my nose.

 

I’m sorry for you, Chanyeol.

 

The next day came as I woke up and got ready for school as usual. I walked towards the dining table before taking a sip of milk. “I’m going now.” I said make Aunt Mijoo run to get me.

 

“You only drink milk? Come, have some toast.” Aunt Mijoo told as I shook my head, rejected.

 

“No, it’s okay. I’m going.” I walked away, ignoring her talking back there and just went straight to the school. Since I had a lot of time left, I walked slower to school than usual. I just need some fresh air all of a sudden. But then, I saw a figure that was quite familiar to me. Not familiar but I knew that person. “Chae Hyungwon!” I called before he spun around with a tender smile.

 

I ran to him as I gasped some air once I reached him. “H-Hai…” I approached in a tired way and made him laugh.

 

“Why are you running? I can come to you.” he said. How I miss him so much?

 

“Are you alright now?” I asked while studying his face.

 

He chuckled. Owhh I miss that the most. “I’m good. You are coming early today.” he uttered like teasing me but who cares? He is Chae Hyungwon.

 

“You too. Are you going to school?” I questioned why it was odd to see him this early morning too.

 

“Ohh… Do you want to come with me? I’m going to meet my members. Monsta X, remember?” he offered and of course, I won’t reject him. I nodded as both of us walked together to the place where they always mingle around. Hyungwon once had said that most of them were finished school and only him and another member were still schooling. As we reached the place, I could see s which were familiar to me.

 

“Hey guys!” Hyungwon greets them and welcomes him.

 

I smiled once I saw them at this close. They all had nice and good looking faces and also not to mention their body. They all built it very well. “Oh yes. This is Hanseol, Gong Hanseol.” introduced Hyungwon before I bowed politely and made them giggled. “She is really a student.” teased a guy whom I knew. It was Jooheon, the one that they celebrated last time.

 

“Ahh Hyungwon told us about you many times.” another guy said in which I didn’t know him at all. He had beautiful eyes, a smile and quite tall with his masculine body.

 

Hyungwon scratched his hair in embarrassment. “Hyung, stop it. Oh Hanseol ah, this is Shownu hyung. He is the one who leads our group.” Hyungwon nodded.

 

He also introduced all the names of s which were Minhyuk, Wonho, I.M and Kihyun. They all looked good but they can’t beat Hyungwon for sure. A few minutes with their silliness slowly made me happy and forgot about what had happened last night. The school was about to start as Hyungwon and I made our way to school meanwhile one of them, I.M also got to go his school which quite near to our school.

 

“Thanks, Hyungwon.” I said after 2 minutes we were not talking during our way to school.

 

He looked puzzled but at the same time, he was smiling warmly. “Why?”

 

I shrugged my shoulder. “I just wanted to say thank you, that’s all.” I said as he burst into soft laughter as I laughed along with him.

 

“Oh by the way, the final year party is getting near.” he mentioned the final year party which all final year students like me, Seunghee and Hyungwon eager to come to that party. “Have you decided with whom you will come?” he asked and I realized that he was avoiding my eye contact.

 

I smiled at his action. Cute. “Well, not yet. I won’t have a decision until Seunghee has her partner. I can’t leave her alone though.” I said even I really wanted to go with him so bad but Seunghee will be alone and I didn’t want her to feel that. She was the only friend I have and I won’t leave her just like I had experienced.

 

“Ahhh… Seunghee…” he sounded upset but he hid it with his smile.

 

I my lips awkwardly. “How about you?” I asked nervously.

 

He gazed into my eyes and made my heart skip. “Still looking for one. It’s better to have someone I know so that I will be more comfortable.” Hyungwon said and I could see he wanted me to be his partner!!!! Ahhhh Hyungwon ahhh~ Why are you so cute?

 

I went to class as usual as Seunghee took a seat beside me. “Hanseol, why are you smiling so bright today?” she asked while taking out her book and pencil case. I smiled before pulling Seunghee to face me. She was flinched because my sudden action made me smile wider. “Ya, what’s wrong with you?” she asked in an anxious voice.

 

“Guess what?” I lifted my eyebrows teasingly.

 

Seunghee thought for a while, letting me wait for her answer in curiosity. “Hyungwon…?” guessed her.

 

I hugged her as it make her more confused. “Seunghee ahh… Hyungwon wanted to go to the final year party with me~” I fangirled as Seunghee astonished.

 

“Really? Arhhhh!” she shouted before all of our classmates stared at us and both palmed our mouths in happiness. “So you accept him?” she asked, making my laugh faded.

 

I shook my head as Seunghee hit my arm. “Auch, what is that for?” I rubbed my arm in hurt.

 

“That is for you because you reject him.”

 

I giggled before hugging her shoulder brought her closer to me. “Don’t worry. I know what to do.” I said and the class became silent once we heard Ms Han, our Mathematics teacher’s stiletto tapped the floor. The school began again as I felt eager to finish my school today and threw myself onto the bed happily. Once the school finished, I walked home with Seunghee and reached the house quite earlier than usual.

 

“I’m home.”

 

Once I was about to enter before Chanyeol appeared with only his pants on and his shirt gone. He suddenly moved behind as he hugged my waist from behind and sent chills to my spine. I can feel his warm breath on the nape of my neck shivering my vein. I looked down as I could see his muscular arms wrapped around my body neatly.

 

“Park Chanyeol~ Channie-”

 

Aunt Mijoo came before her eyes changed to us. My eyes were shaking and I hoped that Aunt Mijoo was not thinking of anything about us. “Ohh where is my Channie?” Aunt Mijoo sought or I can say that she was pretending to find him. He was big enough to hide behind me.

 

“Noona, hide me.” he whispered, making me nervous.

 

I eyed Aunt Mijoo before she stopped her. “Immo.”

 

Aunt Mijoo looked up at me. “What?”

 

I sighed calmly. “What are you guys doing?” I asked Aunt Mijoo as she put her index finger on her lips before shushing me.

 

She walked behind me before suddenly screaming made me jump in surprise. “Ahah! I found you!” Aunt Mijoo dragged Chanyeol who was shirtless as he helplessly tried to untangle his hand from Aunt Mijoo. “I don’t want to bath~” he complained before Aunt Mijoo let him go.

 

I rounded my eyes. “Immo, don’t let him go! He will run-”

 

Aunt Mijoo showed her palm to me, and asked me to watch what she will do. “Channie ya, I have new dinosaurs for you.” Aunt Mijoo said Chanyeol froze and instantly faced her. I was amazed and of course I was in shock. Chanyeol came closer to Aunt Mijoo as he held her hand. “Okay, let’s bath.” he was the one who said and not Aunt Mijoo.

 

I gawked my jaw. That easy to ask him to bathe? Aunt Mijoo realized that I was lost in word and suddenly showed her thumb up to me.

 

I took a deep breath as I remembered how hard I was to bring him a bath. You little rascal!