Thirty Nine

MR DISORDER

“Give me three days.”

 

Aunt Jiho and Aunt Mijoo stared at me in surprise.

 

I endured my tears from out of my eyes again and again before I bravely faced Aunt Jiho. “Let him stay here for another three days and I will send him to you on my own.” I said in firm make Aunt Mijoo looked at me speechless.

 

“But our flight is three days from today, which is the day you send him.” she slowly added pain in my heart.

 

I sighed heavily. “Then, I will send him straight to the airport.”

 

Aunt Mijoo, who saw Aunt Jiho's disbelief face, quickly interrupted us. “Jiho shi, we-”

 

“I promise!” I cut her fastly. “I promise I will send him to you. I promise.” I strictly said as both of them were lost in words. Aunt Mijoo elbowed me to watch my words but too bad, I had split everything out. I still looked at Aunt Jiho, waiting for her answer. Please please… Let him stay a bit more. I will be responsible with my promise this time.

 

Aunt Jiho smiled before she held my hand softly. “Sure, you can. Thank you, Hanseol for being understanding.” She thanked me instead and made me relieved. Now, I have more time with him before he goes to America. Aut Jiho went to Chanyeol’s room and talked with him while me and Aunt Mijoo sat on the couch in the living room. Aunt Mijoo looked at me. “What were you doing?” she asked in a low voice.

 

I sighed. “I just need to make sure that I am able to let him go and Chanyeol too. He needs time to leave this house. You see how he acted when Aunt Jiho said she wanted to take him back.” I replied make Aunt Mijoo heaved a breath.

 

“Fine fine. Let Aunt Jiho talk with Chanyeol awhile okay. Go and change your uniform first and then, rest a bit. You must be tired.” told Aunt Mijoo as she caressed my hair in love.

 

I went to my room before throwing myself on the bed. My eyes were glued on the ceiling, thinking of what would happen in future without Chanyeol in this house. “Three days are not enough. Ugh what should I do? I had promised Aunt Jiho.” I blabbered alone as I massaged my head in stress. The night came as the three of us had dinner quietly, especially Chanyeol. He looked so glum and gloomy. Usually, he will be the one that is happy.

 

Aunt Mijoo realized it, eyed on him. “Channie ya~ Did the food taste bad?” she broke the silentness.

 

Chanyeol shook his head while slowly munched the food.

 

I smiled before holding his hand on the table. “Chanyeol ah, let’s play with noona after dinner? Okay?” I offered to make him look up at me with a light smile. “If you want to play with me, you have to eat first.” I said as he nodded in understanding. He ate the food in delicious make me and Aunt Mijoo giggled with his sudden changes.

 

As we were done, Aunt Mijoo was cleaning the dishes and table meanwhile I brought Chanyeol to his room again and played with his dinosaur toys together. At 10 pm, it was Chanyeol’s sleep time as I took him to bed before I laid beside him. “Chanyeol ah, do you like to stay here?” I asked as he stopped from eyeing his toy.

 

He nodded instantaneously. “I want to stay here forever~” he cheered as I giggled.

 

I combed his curly hair softly with a smile carved on my lips. “Do you want to go out tomorrow?” I questioned quickly to make him look up at me.

 

“I want it! I want to!” he gleefully exclaimed.

 

I laughed. “Okay okay. Let’s go out after I finish my school okay.”

 

He nodded but then, he fixed his head position and made his face straight in front of me. He glanced into my eyes made me nervous a bit but I controlled my face expression as best as I could. “Noona…” Chanyeol called with his deep voice before I stared at his eyes and so did him. “Aunt Jiho had said that if I love someone, I should marry her.” he said all of a sudden and made me snicker lightly.

 

“O...kay. You have someone you love?” I asked.

 

Chanyeol nodded slowly.

 

Ahh… who is that lucky girl? Is it the girl that he met at the park last time? What is her name again? Subin? No? Aish… I cleared my throat. “Who?”

 

He thinned his lips in shyness which was rare of him. “Hanseol noona.”

 

I was speechless and of course, lost in words. I my dry lips a few times since he kept his eyes on me and made my heart beat too fast. I tried to avoid his eyes but hell no, I just like the way he looked at me. And I hope he will kept that eyes on me only even after he went to America. I gulped before acted cool in front of him. “So, what do you want me to do?” I questioned, playing dumb with him.

 

Chanyeol smiled as his dimples showed, he was cute after all. “So, I want to marry Hanseol noona.”

 

I stared at him in disbelief and he never changed his sight from me. “W-Well…” I bit my lower lips before smiling at him. “Fine, let’s get married.” I said calmly, making his eyes rounded and happy.

 

“Really?”

 

I nodded. “But now, we have to sleep because I have school tomorrow and we have a date after school, remember?”

 

“Date? What is ‘date’?”

 

I giggled before I came closer to him. “If you want to get married, you must date first. Date is where a boy and girl go out together and spend time with each other.” I lectured him and he nodded, seeming like he was interested in the date. “So, do you want to date me?” I asked as he nodded quickly and made me laugh.

 

Chanyeol smiled. “Let’s date tomorrow and get married~”

 

I smiled happily. “Okay, now sleep.” I said before he instantly shut his eyes. I patted his arm softly until he fell asleep beside me.

 

The next day came and once I finished my breakfast, I made my way to school and my mind can’t stop thinking about the date that I set with Chanyeol. The picture of Aunt Jiho yesterday suddenly gave me an uneasy feeling. I can’t imagine how it will be when I come back from school and there is no more Chanyeol’s whiny voice greeting me as usual. I was walking without realizing I bumped into someone and made me fall down on the road. “Oh I’m sorry.” I apologized quickly.

 

“Hanseol, are you alright?” Hyungwon asked before he pulled me up instantly. Seems like I just hit him.

 

I smiled while dusting away dirt on my uniform. “I’m okay. I was daydreaming. I’m so sorry.” I said sincerely to make him smile warmly.

 

He picked up my bag as he wore it back on me. “Be careful next time. What if you bump into a gangster or what?” he nagged like a real father and made me giggled.

 

We walked together to the school building. We separated once we reached the school gate since Hyungwon still had his practice and the school day began. I was not focused at all in class since my mind was busy planning what kind of activities that I should do for my first date with Chanyeol. Seunghee elbowed me whenever Ms Han caught me pensively staring at the whiteboard.

 

Once the school ended, I quickened my move and left the school as soon as possible. Seunghee knew everything about today and Chanyeol, so she understood why I was being fast. As I arrived at home, I barged into the house to see Aunt Mijoo was fixing Chanyeol’s shirt and I was surprised that Aunt Mijoo dressed him up in a very manly way. Beige turtleneck shirt with long black coat like Gong Yoo in Goblin, long black pants and his curly hair was neatly combed.

 

I smiled happily while Aunt Mijoo giggled. “Like what you see? I told you Chanyeol is a handsome man~” she praised make Chanyeol showed his box teeth smile.

 

“I never say he’s ugly.” I rolled my eyes to her. “Wait here, Chanyeol. Noona changed, washed a bit and changed clothes okay.”

 

He nodded before I rushed into the room and took a fresh bath. After showering, I got into a simple baby blue floral dress, the skirt reached under my knees and a light grey thick coat to keep me warm. Well, I caked a simple make up on my face and styled my hair into fishtail braided. As I did, I walked out to them in nervousness before I saw Chanyeol was staring at me and clapped his hands in excitement.

 

“Noona so pretty!!” he squealed happily, making me blushed.

 

Aunt Mijoo chuckled as she planted a peck on each of our cheeks and we bid a goodbye to her. I held his warm hand before we walked to the bus station which was nearby the neighbourhood. The bus headed to the town where there were a lot more malls than the mall that we used to go to before this. We stopped at the street claws machine game. “Do you know how to play this?” I asked him.

 

Chanyeol shook his head in innocence and made me smile. I took some coins in my pocket before entering the coins into the machine. I slowly handled the claw with the controller and made Chanyeol round his eyes in surprise. “Uwah~~” he was fascinated.

 

I set a target at the dinosaur doll which was quite easy for me to catch. As I pressed the red button, the claw grabbed the tail of the dinosaur and Chanyeol focused on the claw. Unfortunately, I failed. The dinosaur fell once the claw moved up. I pouted, I was about to give that dinosaur to Chanyeol and ended up embarrassing myself.

 

I looked at him. “I’m sorry, Chanyeol.” I said.

 

Chanyeol thinned his lips before looking at me back. “Let’s try again, noona.” he said.

 

“Do you want to try it again?” I asked.

 

He nodded many times and made me take a few more coins from my pouch before starting the game again. two times, three times and even fourth times, it was unsuccessful. I sighed. “Let’s go to another place. I will buy you another dinosaur.” I said to cheer him up.

 

I was about to walk away when he held my hand and spun me around. “Let us try again. This time I will do it.” Chanyeol uttered as I looked at him speechless.

 

“Are you sure? You won’t cry if you fail, right?”

 

He nodded in spirit.

 

I handed him a few coins so he can try a few times. Well, if he cries because he is unable to get that dinosaur, I will be in big trouble. “Fighting!” I showed my fist to him and he nodded in assurance.

 

He started his first try with failure at first and he stomped his feets in frustration. I told ya… not as easy as you though, little boy. He entered his last coins with hope that he would get it. Instead of staring at the claw machine and those plushies, I studied Chanyeol’s face and his expressions. He really does have that kind of handsome face. He will be a perfect man if he goes back to 23 years old again. Will he remember me once he recovers? I shook my head. Of course, he will. I am sure he will!

 

“Hanseol noona!”

 

I was oblivious to my own dream before changing my sight to him. “Yes…?”

 

Chanyeol showed a dinosaur doll in front of me which surprised me. “I got it~”

 

I gawked my jaw in amazement as both of us hugged each other automatically. “Uwah Chanyeol ah~ my boyfriend is so great!” I jumped in his arms while he bounced happily with me.

 

He paused awhile before pushed me a bit to form a small gap between us. I looked at him in confused as he carved a smile. “Noona is my girlfriend now?” he said with his dimples showed on his stubby cheeks. I giggled and nodded before hugged him in happy make Chanyeol cheered in excited. “Yeah! I have a girlfriend~” he squealed as I burst into laughter.

 

We linked our arms while walking around the street. Most of the time, we stopped by different kind food stalls while trying some street foods which were Chanyeol’s favourite. The cold weather didn’t bother our excitement even a bit and it made us warmer by walking hand in hand.

 

I bought a cone of ice cream before giving it to Chanyeol who was sitting on the bench quietly. He squeaked once he saw the chocolate ice cream as he it happily.

 

“Hanseol ah! Chanyeol ah!”

 

Both of us spun around to see Seunghee was running towards us while she was wearing her red beret hat. “Am I late?” she gasped some air and made me and Chanyeol giggled. “Oh ya…” Seunghee shoved her hand into her bag before coming out with a box of chocolate as she handed it to him. Chanyeol, who was excited to see those chocolate, took it before clapping his hands in happiness.

 

I chuckled. “Chanyeol ah, say thank you first.” I advised.

 

He nodded as he bowed politely at Seunghee. “Thank you, Seunghee noona.” He thanked her in full manner and made me smile. He faced me with his enlightenment expression. “Hanseol noona, can I play that?” he pointed towards a small playground which was just opposite of us.

 

I nodded. “Yes, you can but be careful okay.” I warned him before he ran in happiness.

 

Seunghee landed her bum beside me while my eyes were fixed on Chanyeol. “So he is going back to his place?” she asked all of a sudden to make me change my sight to her.

 

I was about to forget about those things but since Seunghee mentioned it, I can’t help and felt sad. Without my notice, I was crying while covering my face with both hands as Seunghee wrapped me in her arms. “It’s okay, Hanseol ah. Cry as much as you want.” She caressed my arm softly and I hugged her in tight.