Fourty

MR DISORDER

The evening got darker as me, Chanyeol and Seunghee walked together to our neighbourhood. Once we reached in front of Aunt Mijoo’s house, Seunghee got Chanyeol in her short arms before tears rolled on her cheeks, making Chanyeol confused even more. I looked away, not wanting to see the scene. “Take care and hope you will be back soon.” she murmured at him before breaking the hug.

 

We waved goodbye to her as she walked back to her house. Both of us entered the house and Aunt Mijoo was serving dinner for us to make Chanyeol enlighten. I smiled and followed him to the dining table. “Ahh my kids are back~ Come, let’s dinner first.” she invited as both of us ate happily.

 

After dinner, that night, I helped Aunt Mijoo pack Chanyeol’s things. I kept silent and Aunt Mijoo seemed to understand my condition. After we were done, I brought Chanyeol to bed before both of us laid in bed together.

 

I studied Chanyeol’s face while he was focusing on his dinosaur. “Chanyeol ah…”

 

He turned around to me. “Hmm?”

 

“Be a good boy okay?” I said all of a sudden as he nodded innocently.

 

In the dim light from the lamp post through the window, Chanyeol slowly spun his body facing me as our distance got closer. “Hanseol noona…”

 

I moved closer to him. “Yes?” I said between my breath.

 

“Last time you said you wanted to marry me, remember?” he asked, making me smile.

 

I giggled. “So you really want to marry me?” I asked and he nodded quickly in happily. “Okay… so let’s get married.” I uttered without hesitation. I took out two pairs of rings that I bought with Seunghee before this as I wore a ring on his finger and I showed another ring to him. “Will you marry me, Park Chanyeol?" I asked the vow that usually script from the drama. Chanyeol who was excited, nodded his head in excitement. "Yes!" He answered and made me laugh softly. I showed my hand to him. "Put it on my finger.” I ordered.

 

He smiled shyly before he held my hand, sent shivery to my nerves and my heart can’t stop beating rapidly. He slowly put the ring on my middle finger as I smiled happily. I looked up at him as our eyes met made me shaky nervously. He shoved his hand into his pajama pocket before wearing something on my hair. I touched the thing he put on my forehead and it was a hair clip. I smiled and couldn’t help but hugged him. “I love you, Chanyeol.” I said in my cry before I felt Chanyeol hugged me back.


 

“Me too.” he said as he cried along with me. “Noona, don’t cry~ I promise I will be a good boy and husband.” he sobbed, making me break into tears while hiding my face on his broad shoulders.

 

I pushed him lightly and as our eyes met again, I brushed his tears away and so did him to me. “I’ll be a good wife too. I promise.” I promised him for the second time.

 

Both of us palmed our forehead to each other before calming our tears slowly.

 

“You will never forget me, right?”

 

He nodded quickly as I looked at him and gave a peck on his wet cheek. “Why are you crying, noona? I didn’t do anything wrong, right?” he asked while tears kept falling from his eyes. I smiled before brushing his cheek softly. I caressed his check in love as my eyes studied his face in which I will never meet in a few more years.

 

I got closer to him as I hid my face on his chest. “Let’s sleep.” I didn’t even answer his question and chose to close my eyes instead.

 

The night got darker and in a few minutes, I could hear Chanyeol’s snore. I can’t even blink my eyes for a second, thought of tomorrow. It was his last day with me and I felt he would go far away from me. I looked up at him, his sleeping face. I studied every little thing on his face before my eyes fell on his blossom lips. “You are the best husband in my life.” I murmured softly, afraid that he would wake up.

 

I was immersed in my feeling that I moved closer to him before connecting my lips with him which was forbidden. My tears rolled on my cheek as I hugged him again. Chanyeol was moving a bit but it didn’t disturb his sleep.

 

I held his hand before caressing his back of hand. “Thank you, eomma, appa. Thank you for sending him to me. Thank you so much.” I uttered as I encircled Chanyeol’s waist and fell asleep on his chest comfortably.

 

The next morning came and I was the first one who woke up early. I got to my room and dressed up as simple as I could. A white sweatshirt with long black pants. I moved to the kitchen and prepared a simple toast for breakfast and since I didn’t really know how to cook so I just prepared a box of cereal which was Chanyeol’s favourite. I looked into the box and put a lot of mini dinosaur toys.

 

Aunt Mijoo appeared before she gave a quick hug in which she knew I needed it. She mouthed to me that she wanted to get Chanyeol ready.

 

After 30 minutes, Chanyeol came up with Aunt Mijoo and once he saw me, Chanyeol ran to me as both of us hugged each other. “Morning, handsome boy~” I messed his curly hair and made him smile, showing his teeth.

 

We took out breakfast as usual and I can’t keep my eyes from Chanyeol. He was in front of me but I already miss him like forever! “Where are we going today?” asked Chanyeol innocently and Aunt Mijoo looked at each other instantly.

 

Aunt Mijoo her lips before smiling sweetly at him. “We are going out for walks!” Aunt Mijoo lied as Chanyeol smiled brightly.

 

“Really?” he asked in excitement as his sight changed to me. “Noona will come along, right?” he asked with his rounded eyes sparkled on me.

 

I smiled lightly as I nodded. “Yes, I will.” I was trying to cover my face expression however, it was too hard. I looked aside quickly to control myself from crying in front of him. Aunt Mijoo who probably saw it immediately changed the topic to dinosaurs to make Chanyeol distracted. I wiped away my tears, not wanting him to see me in this kind of condition.

 

The time moved fast and we already drove away to the airport. Chanyeol who didn’t know anything followed without asking. Once we arrived, Aunt Mijoo asked me to bring Chanyeol away while she packed his things and passport. I brought Chanyeol to a chocolate store as he happily ran in and looked on for his favourite chocolate perhaps.

 

“Noona, can I have this?” He showed a chocolate with a dinosaur cartoon as the cover.

 

I nodded before taking and paid it at the cashier.

 

As I was about to walk again, Chanyeol widened his arm in front of me and made me stop for a moment. “Why?” I asked as he smiled sheepishly.

 

He took my hand before plastering a sticker on the back of my hand. I stared at the dinosaur sticker on my hand as I smiled. “Why did you give me this?” I asked.

 

Chanyeol caressed it softly and to my surprise, he kissed the back of my hand in love. I was too speechless that my voice was stuck in the middle of my breathing. “See. I got one too~” he cheerfully showed the back of his hand to me where a dinosaur sticker was plastered there. I giggled before suddenly I was crying without hesitation.

 

I palmed my face as I felt a pair of arms wrapped around me warmly and by the scent, I know who it was. “Noona, don’t cry…” his voice cracked a bit before he cried along.

 

I shook my head and instead I replied with his hug, I opened my eyes slowly which were wet with tears as I saw Aunt Mijoo and Aunt Jiho looking at us from afar. I wiped my tears before pushing Chanyeol slowly. “It’s time.” I told him to make him confused. I held his hand as we walked together to Aunt Jiho and Aunt Mijoo.

 

Chanyeol was clueless and he saw Aunt Jiho, he waved to her like a kid. “Aunt Jiho!” he shouted before running to her happily.

 

Both of them hugged each other as I stood beside Aunt Mijoo while stared at them. Aunt Mijoo linked her arm with me before patting my back. “Let’s go.” she said make me look up at her and reluctantly shook my head. My tears kept falling as Aunt Mijoo wiped it away. “We have to go before he sees you.” Aunt Mijoo insisted even her voice showed that she was not ready too.

 

I glanced at Chanyeol who was distracted with Aunt Jiho’s toys and made my heart fall apart. With a heavy heart, I slowly took a step away. Aunt Mijoo hugged my shoulder while calming me down. We will meet again. I promise, Chanyeol.

 

As we walked away for a few minutes, a loud voice captured my hearing sense and made me stop from walking.

 

“Hanseol Noona!!”

 

I spun around to see Chanyeol was trying to run after me but Aunt Jiho was holding him back. I looked at him with my blurry eyes due to tears. I waved a last goodbye to him and turned my back to him. All I could hear was Chanyeol’s crying voice was calling my name. “Noona, don’t go!” the only words he screamed all the time and I was palming my chest, to endure myself.

 

That was the last time I heard Chanyeol’s voice. I walked out of the airport and the feeling of regret started to attack my heart. I wanted to turn back but Aunt Mijoo held on me. “He has to go. It’s good for him.” she persuaded me as I weakly and fell on the floor.

 

“I shouldn't have left him there, Immo!” I howled between my tears before Aunt Mijoo hugged me in her arms. “They are not leaving me but I am the one, Immo! I am!” I cried as she hugged me even tighter.

 

Aunt Mijoo caressed my arms a few times to comfort me. “Let’s go back home, okay.”

 

She was about to pull me up but I pushed her away. “Eomma and appa didn’t leave me but if I hadn't insisted on them, they would not have crashed with Chanyeol and I probably would have met Chanyeol the way he should be! A 23 years old Park Chanyeol. It was all my fault!!” I shouted in resentfulness while I kept punching the floor.

 

Everyone who passed by stared at me puzzled. Like watching a drama. Before I could know, I felt like something stung my head and my mind was spinning around that made me shut down my eyes in weakness.


 

Everything was dark.


 

As dark as my feelings.


 

Park Chanyeol. Eomma. Appa.


 

I’m sorry…