Fifty

MR DISORDER

I was surprised as Chanyeol grasped my arms in tight make it felt so hurt and painful like thousands of pinches. I tried to breathe due to the shocking and roaring from Chanyeol just now and it made me blank in speechless. “Ya Gong Hanseol! Answer me, who are you?!” he scowled again as I closed my eyes in fear.

 

I clutched my hands together in tremble while looking aside, not wanting to face the beast in front of me. “I-I just-”

 

Before I got further, Chanyeol pulled my face to look at him straightly. “Say it to my face and look at me. Please answer honestly.” he tried to calm himself but his voice still sounded the same. Harsh and hoarse.

 

I gulped in tremble. “I-I told you before. I am the one who took care of you previously with my aunt, when you were sick. Y-You know, those mental illnesses but you did not remember and not even listen to me. So, what can I do?” I tried my best to braven myself, facing this fierce Chanyeol.

 

He released the grip from my arms as I rubbed it in pain. “Then, what about yesterday?” he asked, making me even more blank.

 

What actually do you want, Park Chanyeol?

 

“What was about yesterday?” I asked him back.

 

Chanyeol changed his sight to me with his cold glare, making me zipped my mouth in silent.

 

He stared at me in anger before closing up his face to me. My breath was stuck as his breath slapped my face. Ugh I hate this! It reminds me of him. My Chanyeol, not this Chanyeol. “You kissed me.” he said directly and I just gaped my jaw in surprise. Oh my, I doomed. I cleared my throat while my eyes slightly moved away from his sight. “A-Are you sure?” I asked like I did not know anything.

 

“Stop playing fool.”

 

I sighed. He knows now. “It was not me the one who kissed you. It was you who kissed me! Don’t accuse me like that.” I defended myself.

 

“Why did I kissed you?” He asked again like a detective, seeking for the serial killer. Well, that was not me, duh!

 

I crossed my arms on my chest. “Do you really want to know why?” I shrugged my shoulder. “Fine. First of all, you were drunk and then, you were crying at the beach and pulled me to sit beside you. Once I sat, you hugged me and said that you know me by calling me…” I stopped a while, the name that I was about to forget since I met him.

 

Chanyeol was waiting for me to continue my words. “What did I call you?”

 

“H-Hanseol noona.” I mumbled.

 

“What?”

 

I rolled my eyes. “Hanseol noona! Are you done? Cause I’m going back now.” I pushed him aside before walking away from him.

 

“Ya Gong Hanseol!” He ran after me and I was about to run away too but he was faster than me as he grabbed my hand in a split second before spun me around to face him. “Make me remember everything.” he said in tense make me heaved a breath in burden.

 

I tried to entangle my wrist from his grip as he kept tightening it before he pulled me into his arms. “Let me go!” I was struggling from his muscular figure as he stopped me from making any move by encircling his long arms around my waist to make my body stick to him. I looked up to him since he was tall enough for me to look on his face. “What do you want? I told you everything and I had done everything.” I whined and suffocated.

 

He straightly looked into my eyes. “This is the only way I can remember you.” he said make me paused. Is there a way? In a second, he smudged his lips onto mine, making my eyes circled in shock. I can feel his lips treasured my lips while he was feeling into the kiss as his eyes closed but not me.

 

I felt like the kiss was forced and a burden to him. I strengthened myself before pushing him away. Before he could do anything, I slapped his cheek without hesitation.

 

“What the hell are you doing?!” he growled in anger.

 

I breathed heavily. “The only one that can kiss me is Chanyeol and that Chanyeol is not you! You will never remember or be my Chanyeol because you are the most jerk human in my life!” I shouted in tears as I palmed my mouth in disbelief.

 

He glared at me. “Then who am I?! Why is everyone playing around me?! You said that I am the Chanyeol that you took care of and now, you said not! WHY PEOPLE KEEP ON PLAYING WITH MY DISEASE? Is it fun to you, Gong Hanseol?” he cried desperately and before I could say anything, he hit his head on the wall, making me startled.

 

“Chanyeol-ah…” I moved to him, wanted to make him stop from hitting his head but he pushed me away and made me fall down on the floor.

 

He kept hitting his head. “Why am I alive if I’m not remembering anything?!” he shrieked in disappointment as I quickly got him away from the wall. All I can see bleed on his forehead make me burst out into tears.

 

“Alright, alright. Let’s try to make you remember everything, okay Channie?” I looked around before remembering something in my pocket that I usually bring with me together anywhere. I pulled out a mini dinosaur toy which was a tyrannosaurus, his favourite type among all dinosaurs. “See, here you like. Remember Channie ya?”

 

Chanyeol stopped before staring at the dinosaur on my hand. Once he wanted to touch the dinosaur, he suddenly palmed his head dizzy.

 

“Chanyeol? No no Chanyeol, are you okay?” I shook him as I could see his eyes were whitted in weak. “N-No, Channie ya, I’m so sorry.”

 

In a second, he collapsed on the floor, making me even more surprised. “C-Chanyeol ah!” My eyes were blurred due to the tears kept producing and rolled on my cheeks as I shook Chanyeol. “Please don’t leave me, Channie yaa. Please…” I grieved nervously before I could see some people were running towards us and I was pulled back by someone. My eyes were all on Chanyeol who was carried away while my vision was getting dark.

 

Channie ya, I’m sorry….

 

I was sitting in nervous on the bench while waiting for Chanyeol checking up with the doctor. Seunghee and Jihoon were waiting for Aunt Mijoo at the entrance of the hospital as she was on the way here. Once he fainted, I was shocked and Seungcheol who found me quickly brought Chanyeol to the hospital. An arm wrapped my shoulders before he pulled me into his hug. I can’t help but cry on his chest in regret. “It was my fault.” I sobbed maked Seungcheol combed my hair to comfort me.

 

“It’s okay. Let us just wait for the result.” he convinced me before tightened the hug.

 

I looked up with my tears wet all over my face. “He will be okay, right? Huh?” I desperately and insisted Seungcheol to say ‘Yes’ or maybe a little nod to ensure that it is true will be enough.

 

Seunggheol smiled before he nodded his head in assurance. Even though he does not know who Chanyeol was, he just brought him to the hospital without asking anything from me. I wanted to tell him but I was too worried about Chanyeol who had not even woken up along the way to the hospital to make me worry. The door of the room opened instantly, making me stand up straight.

 

“How was he, doctor?” I asked in curiosity.

 

The doctor scrutinised me from head to toe. “May I know what is your relationship with Mr Park Chanyeol?” he asked, maybe for their security.

 

I my lips in nervousness. “I-I was his guardian. I-I mean, I was looking after him before.” I explained clearly.

 

“Was?” The doctor seems suspicious towards me and I bet he knew Chanyeol well which means his family members. “Oh are you the one who took care of Mr Park Chanyeol during his mental illness? Dr Oh’s patient right?”

 

I nodded quickly. Chanyeol might have told him about me before. He might remember me perhaps.

 

“I’m Dr Kim, replacing Dr Oh since she has been sent to India for 5 year to lead an operation for a new hospital there.” He smiled. “You are the one that Mr Chanyeol mentioned before. You appeared in his dream a few times and he said you were his nightmare.” the doctor calmly said make me ‘ouch’ a bit. “So, can we meet in my room for awhile?”

 

Both of us walked to the doctor room while Seungcheol waited for me in the lobby. I sat opposite the doctor while the doctor was checking his drawer under his desk before taking out a few papers. “Chanyeol kept drawing someone who was waiting for him but he couldn’t see that person's face. He insisted on finding out who that person was and we just thought that it would be a person who took care of him before.”

 

I stared at the drawing. A long ponytail hair, the school uniform which was similar to mine, a dinosaur toy in my hand grip and also a ring. “It is me.” I mumbled with a smile.

 

The doctor paused. “Are you sure that is you?” he asked, making me look up at him.

 

“What do you mean I’m not sure about myself? Of course, it is me! This school uniform is mine and also the ring, everything!” I defended myself perhaps to make the doctor startled a bit.

 

He cleared his throat. “Well, I thought it was Ms Jung Hani because-”

 

“Wait, Ms Jung Hani?” Chanyeol’s fiancee. “How could you describe this sketch girl as her?” I questioned it without hesitation.

 

“Chanyeol said it. Mrs Hani admitted it and also Chanyeol’s parents told the same thing. That's why I asked are you sure you are the one in his drawing? Chanyeol said that there is someone else that admits that she is his guardian during his illness and that person is you.” Dr Kim blabbered and every single word that came out from his mouth made me want to scream on his face.

 

I sighed. “I don’t know what kind of poison that you had poisoned my Chanyeol. The one who took care of him, the one who fed him, accompanied him and loves him is me! Gong Hanseol and not that girl!” I yelled in anger.

 

The doctor calmly stared at me. “Please control your volume. This is a hospital.” he warned, making me heaved a breath, trying to calm myself. “I hope you understand, Ms Hanseol. I believe you was his guardian but for now, Chanyeol was suffering once you appeared-”

 

“What do you think he suffered because of me?”

 

He took a deep breath. “Listen, ms. When I was treating him, he was completely different as he kept mentioning that he wanted his noona back. So we were almost fed up since Chanyeol did not cooperate at all. He did not eat for almost a week, not sleep for a few days and kept on messing up in the hospital. The next day, we know that he fainted while he was trying to escape from the hospital as he fell down from the stairs at level 5 to level 3. After 5 months of comma, he doesn’t remember anything and only a girl that took care of him before. We thought that he would recover and go back to his normal age, so we don’t have any choice. We asked Ms Jung Hani to admit that he was that girl and Chanyeol back to his normal age as per usual.”

 

I heaved a sigh of dissatisfaction. “You were lying to him all the time. What kind of doctor lies to his own patient?” I angered back.

 

“Ms Hanseol!” He shouted a bit and made me silent before he calmed himself again. “We almost lost him. Not just lost in terms of himself but we will lose him forever.” he explained.

 

I frowned my forehead. “What do you mean by lost him forever?”

 

He sighed. “Ms Hanseol, his illness is not about any organ but here.” he pointed to his head. “His mind, his brain. Once it stopped functioning due to this mental illness, the blood clotted his brain that would paralyze the whole body. If we did not treat him and bring his 23 years old back at that time, he will be forever 8 years old Park Chanyeol and 23 years old Chanyeol will die.That is why we asked Hani to be you and we get the original Chanyeol.”

 

“Why don’t you call me instead?”

 

“It is because if you are the one who will be at his side, he will be 8 years old’s Park Chanyeol. The one who is in love with you is Park Chanyeol at 8 years old, not 23 years old Chanyeol. Hani made him erase his 8 years old Park Chanyeol and bring back the real Chanyeol.”

 

I was speechless. “Then, what should I do? I will never get my Chanyeol back?”

 

The doctor fixed his seat before silence for a few seconds. “As for now, I hope you can let him live in peace and leave him alone.”

 

“Wait what?! Leave him? I love him, more than you know.”

 

The doctor sighed. “Everyone loves him and if you do, please. Stop making him confused or we will lose the real Park Chanyeol again.”

 

I fist my hand. “This is not right at all. You’re just-”

 

“Ms Gong Hanseol, please. The real Park Chanyeol has been hiding for more than 5 years and we can’t lose him again. His family, everyone. They need the real Park Chanyeol back, not your Chanyeol.”

 

I gritted my teeth, tried to hold my deep anger and sadness inside my heart. “I know it is for you. Ms Hanseol, I would be really glad to help you and Chanyeol but for now, please. I treated him for many years and I’m afraid that your action will make him confuse and paralyze his mind again and this time, there is no more grown up Chanyeol but forever 8 years old of Park Chanyeol.” He heaved a sigh before gripping my hands. “Come, let’s meet someone.”

 

He pulled me out and made me dumbfounded before we met an old couple in front of us. They were wearing a very nice and expensive outfit, the man looked a bit stern and not smiling at all while the lady was smiling sweetly to me. “Madam, sir. Here she is. Ms Gong Hanseol.” Dr Kim introduced.

 

“And Ms Hanseol, this are-”

 

Suddenly, the lady ran to me before pulling me into her embrace. “Thank you Hanseol shi! Thank you for loving my son.” she broke into tears as she tightened the hug.

 

It was Chanyeol’s parents.