Fifty One

MR DISORDER

“We are sorry for making you suffer while we were taking Chanyeol away. Yes, dear. We had tried to make him remember you and I’m sorry for not doing my best to make him remember you but all we did for him.” Mrs Park exclaimed in tears. “He was suffering, Hanseol. The accident hit him so hard and he was traumatized because the person that he hit died in front of his eyes.”

 

My tears rolled on my cheeks and I can’t stand it anymore in which I cried quite hard. “It was my parents, Mrs Park.” I sobbed and Mrs Park hugged me lovingly.

 

She pecked on my hair. “I’m so sorry, dear. I’m really sorry. I’m sorry on behalf of Chanyeol.” She caressed my hair and made me miss my mother. “But we did for him. He’s been suffering this for so many years and he is the only son we have. I will do anything for you but I loves my son more-”

 

I slowly broke the hug before wiping my tears, calming myself from crying. “I understand, Mrs Park. Doctor Kim had explained everything. I love him too and I know I was selfish before. I’m sorry but I will do anything as long as he gets better.” I uttered even though my heart heavily let him go.

 

“I promise once he is back to normal, I will pay everything you did to him. He deserve to know the truth and-”

 

I held her hand warmly. “It’s okay, Mrs Park. As long as he is happy, I am happy too.” I took a deep breath before smiling at her. “Thank you so much for giving me a chance to know Chanyeol. He was smart and kind. I hope he will get a better life and heal from his disease. Thank you so much, madam.” I thanked her with a sincere smile but she knew that I was hurt since my tears kept falling from my eyes.

 

One month after...

 

“Gong Hanseol, are you done?”

 

I jumped in surprised once I heard a voice calling my name. “Oh immo, yeah I’m d-done.” I wiped my tears before fixing my hair and face.

 

I ran out to get my aunt as both of us walked out from the house. We rode a bus to my university as I met my lecturer for consultation. Once I filled up the form, I went out as Aunt Mijoo was waiting for me at the bench. “Are you sure you want to do this?” she asked in hesitation, making me pause for a while before nodding in confident.

 

“It’s a big opportunity, immo. Omma and appa must be very proud of me if I am able to graduate successfully.” I proudly said as we walked together throughout the corridor.

 

She smiled before linking her arms together with me. “I am too proud of you too, Hanseol.” she cheerfully said but suddenly she stopped from walking and made me look at her.

 

“Why, immo?”

 

“Are you sure you want to go to the United Kingdom on his wedding day? Can you go after that? It’s still morning and his wedding at 1 pm. You still can meet him at least.” asked Aunt Mijoo and I know she will definitely mention this.

 

I smiled before getting her back who was three steps backward from me. “It is better I did not see him. It will make it even harder to leave him.” I answered calmly as Aunt Mijoo circled her arms around my shoulder.

 

“My niece has grown up~”

 

I poked her waist in teased. “I am grown up~”

 

Both of us burst into laughter before we went back home happy.

 

The day is coming as I was done packing my things since yesterday. Seunghee who was sleepover at my place for almost 5 days stared at my suitcase in sad. “Hanseol ah, did you really have to go just for study at this far? It is the United Kingdom! Duhhhh! It was so far.” she grumbled with her pouty lips.

 

I giggled before landing my bum beside her. “Seunghee ah, it is University of Oxford and fully sponsored by the university! Medical students’ dream, of course I won’t let this opportunity go.” I convinced her but her pouty lips still glued on .

 

“Hyungwon left me and now, you left me. Then, who will be my friend?” she added.

 

“You have Jihoon. He is your friend.”

 

She cleared . “Correction. It is my boyfriend.” She pressed on the ‘Boyfriend’ word to make me roll my eyes.

 

“Come on. When you have time, come and visit me there.” I cheered her up.

 

She tched loudly. “I do have time but I don’t have money to go there.” she mumbled silently but actually, quite audible for me.

 

I snickered. “Fine, I’ll call you and text you day by day and come back when I have a long semester break, okay?” I persuaded her but Seunghee was still looking away from me. “Ahh Seunghee ahh~~ don’t do this to me~” I shook her and made her surrender and faced me with her glum face.

 

“Promise me you will call me and don’t be like your crush, Hyungwon who did not call us for a long time.”

 

I laughed. “Correction. It is an ex-crush.” I said to make Seunghee almost laugh but she endured it. “Okay fine. I will call you often, okay. Satisfy now?”

 

She nodded before she wrapped me in her short arms and hugged tightly. “Ohhh I will definitely miss you so much, Hanseol. I really hope you will be here a little longer.” she said and I know she sounded so gloomy. We had been friends and met each other for more than 10 years and of course, it will be very hard to accept the fact that we will not meet for more than a day.

 

“Hanseol ah, let’s go. Seungcheol is here.”

 

Aunt Mijoo shouted from the living room make me broke our hugged. I wore my bag while Seunghee pulled my suitcase out from the room. I stepped towards the door before take a look for the last time in my room. Once I was ready, I closed the door slowly but then, my eyes fell on the next room of mine. It was Chanyeol’s room.

 

With a heavy and flustered heart, I walked to the next room before twisting the door knob and ducked my head in to peek inside the room. With a glance, all memories of me and Chanyeol played like a video in front of me. His dinosaur toys, cartoon bed sheets and towels, his scent brought me into deep feelings.

 

I walked into the room before my eyes plastered on the picture of me and him on the side table beside the bed. “Hello my husband…” I broke into tears once my finger touched his face in the picture. “I’m sorry for not keeping our promise and I want you to know…” I paused due to the tears that I can’t hold anymore.

 

“You are my first and last man that I love. You will always be in my heart no matter what happens.” I cried before hugging the picture in sadness.

 

With a heavy heart, I walked out from the room while wiping my tears. I looked up to see Seunghee and Aunt Mijoo were staring at me. I can’t help but run into their arms in hurt. “It’s okay, my dear. You can cry.” Aunt Mijoo combed my hair softly while Seunghee hugged me tighter.

 

As we walked out, Seungcheol was waiting for us as he helped me to put the suitcase and bag inside the boot of the car.

 

The car drove away from the house to the airport and the environment was silent and I could see Seunghee was crying silently and it was clearly seen from the front mirror since I was sitting at front while Seungcheol the one who drove the car. Once we arrived at the airport, two other men welcomed me and surprised me.

 

I rounded my eyes in shock. It was Jihoon and … “Hyungwon ah!”

 

I ran to him before both of us hugged in missing each other. “How dare you leave me, Hanseol ah huh?” he asked with his trembled voice.

 

I hugged him tight as we could feel each other's additional arms hugging us which was Seunghee. “I really miss the three of us. Please, Hanseol ah. Don’t go!” she cried and made me and Hyungwon burst into tears.

 

“I’m sorry, guys. Thank you for everything. Thank you for being my friend and we will always be friends.” I whimpered in tears.

 

“Best friends.” Hyungwon added as we hugged each other again.

 

I know it was too early but Aunt Mijoo needed to go to the wedding since she was invited as I pulled my luggage with me. I waved my hands to them but they were heavily to wave back and instead they burst into tears looking at me. Before I walked away, I passed an envelope to Seunghee as I made a signal to her to make her read the recipient for the letter. She can’t help but tears rolled on her cheeks before he stared at me and walked away from them.

 

I calmed myself by taking a deep breath. It’s my new life. Omma, appa. I promised I will start my life again. With a lot of happiness. And Chanyeol… I turned around for the last time, how I wish that it was a dream and Chanyeol ran to the airport and asked me to stop. 1, 2…. 3… I sighed. Be happy, Park Chanyeol. Noona will go now.

 

Chanyeol POV

 

I sat on my comfort bed before looking around the room. It was the day I will become a husband to a lady that took care of me. I sighed since it was hectic back then. I shoved my hand into my pocket pants before stared at the dinosaur toy that the girl gave me. Is she the one or… I heaved a sigh because the more I think of her, my head getting even more hurt. The door was opened as Baekhyun ducked his head before smiling widely. “Uwaaa look at this bride~” he sang happily as he landed his bum beside me.

 

“All guests are here?” I asked as he nodded in cheerfulness.

 

He faced me.”Why? Are you nervous?” he questioned but I knew, he was more likely teasing me.

 

I elbowed him lightly. “I’m not nervous. Just…” My eyes fell on the dinosaur again. “Something is bothering me.”

 

Baekhyun glanced at me before he suddenly asked. “Is it because of that cafe girl?” he asked, well he is a person that usually forgets someone's name real quick, so to make him remember someone, he will give any nickname. Like Hani, he called her ‘Angry Bird’ because Hani has a very stern face and scary expression.

 

I nodded slowly. “Everytime I meet her, I can’t help but feel uneasy. She tried to make me remember her but at the same time, my mind kept stopping me from accepting him as part of my memories until…”

 

Baekhyun stared at me, waiting for me to continue.

 

“I saw her with a guy that sent her to the camping, another guy almost hit her with luggage, the way she looks annoyed and jealous towards Hani, everything! It bothers me a lot!”

 

“I heard your parents talked about her last time.”

 

I turned my sight to him real quick.

 

“But before I tell you what I hear, you have to be honest with me.” he added, making me look at him suspiciously. Well, I really wanted to know what my parents had been hiding from me about my previous life. Even I don’t think I could remember anything before unless someone reminded me, that will be another story of my life. “Can you tell me what happened to you at the mental illness campaign that you went to last time?”

 

I rolled my eyes. “What is the relationship between that event and the one my parents said?” I looked away in annoyance. I know him very well, and ended up fooling him by saying ‘Nothing, I didn’t hear anything actually.’.

 

“Of course, it does have. After that event, you fainted and your parents said something about your sickness once this happened.” he exclaimed to make me face him.

 

I cleared my throat, I have no friend to tell about this and yeah, Baekhyun is one and only person that I could believe now. “I was invited to a camp not a campaign by the way since I am a survivor from mental illness, so they want me to give a speech regarding my experience to the medic students there. My parents asked me to bring along Hani, so brought her there and everything was fine until…”

 

Baekhyun got close to me. “Until…?”

 

“Hi, my name is Park Chanyeol. I am one of the survivors of one of the mental health problems which is post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). I was told by my parents that I was having an accident in which it hit my head quite hard as I was badly injured at that time. This disorder came because the person that I crashed into was dead in front of my eyes that made me traumatic and covered my mental as an 8 years old kid.” I explained.

 

As I continued my speech, I could not help but stare at Hanseol who was crying secretly in front of me as I could feel how hurt she was.

 

“I did not remember anything when I was pretending to be 8 years old due to these illnesses and all memories were blocked as I felt like I had just woken up from a nightmare after a few years once I became normal like now.” I stated and before I could talk further, Hanseol was suddenly standing up and walked away from there with her tears wet on her cheeks.

 

My heart felt ache to see her crying and I do wish that I could remember everything but everything faded away when my eyes met Hani who was smiling at me making me continue my speech while trying my best to erase those tears looks from her.

 

“Until I saw her was crying when I was telling my illness. I don’t know why but when she was crying, I was about to cry along with her. It felt like I had seen her tears and we shared the common tears.” I told him.

 

Baekhyun gaped his jaw in awked. “Everyone has the same tears, right? How could you differentiate it?” there he goes asking a stupid question.

 

I sighed again. “I don’t know how to explain but I can feel her sadness. It's like her sadness related to me. Anyways, that night, I saw her but she was not happy at all. I mean, she used to follow me and convinced me that she was the girl who took care of me but at the samping, she was gloomy so she went away.” I took a deep breath. “Until I heard a phone call between Hani and my mother.”

 

“What?! What did they talk about?” Baekhyun asked in curiosity.

 

“Hani asked my mother when her act ended? She can’t stand when I call her ‘Noona’ sometimes. I don’t know, I remembered that I always said Noona before so I thought it was her. She also said that she is not the Noona that I’m looking for.” I finally told someone why I was being desperate towards Hanseol.

 

Baekhyun palmed his mouth in surprise. “Then? How can you faint at the university?”

 

“I saw her wearing the same ring as mine.” I showed Baekhyun the ring that I made as a necklace. “I’ve never seen her wear it before I forced her.”

 

“You forced her?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“What did you do for her?”

 

“I…” I felt guilty. “I kissed her. Forcely.”

 

Baekhyun sighed in worry. “How could you do that, Chanyeol ah?”

 

I massaged my head. “I don’t know. I was desperate. I thought everyone was playing over my sickness and so did her and now, I felt…” I was stuck. “Empty.”

 

Both of us were silent before the door opened, my mother was peeking over us. “Chanyeol ah, get ready. The groom is here.” She smiled happily as she left us.

 

I sighed before standing up and wore my suits in front of the mirror. Baekhyun was helping me, fixed my shirt and dusted my black suit. He stood in front of me with his short height before neatly put on a bow around my neck. “She is the one, Chanyeol ah.” he whispered, making me change my sight to him. He stopped for a while as he sighed. “She is the one that you are looking for.” Baekhyun added, making me speechless.

 

“What do you mean?” I asked in a suspicious tone. My heart was beating so fast now.

 

“I heard your doctor told your mother about you. The doctor said that Hanseol is the one who took care of you and the one you loves the most but-”

 

My tears falling as I was about to run out, Baekhyun blocked my way with her arms. “Chanyeol, listen first.” he stopped me.

 

“That doctor and my mother need to explain this.”

 

I barged out and my eyes fell on the doctor who was treating me automatically but I was stopped by my mother who was standing in front of me. “Eomma, I need you-”

 

“You already know everything, right?”

 

My breath was stuck. I tried to endure but I felt suffocated without air. “Tell me, eomma. TELL ME!!!” I yelled and made all eyes on me. “Are you happy to see me like this huh? I was sick, I don’t remember anything and you, put another drama in my life. What the hell that you want?” I screamed in tears.

 

“Mr Park Chanyeol.”

 

I turned around to see Dr Kim was staring at me.

 

“Your mother did what is best for you. She makes Hani as a replacement for Hanseol so that you go back to normal age.” the doctor explained.

 

“Then, what about her? Do you even care about her feelings? Do you even care that I was having a nightmare almost every night thinking that Hani was the one who took care of me when I was abused by the Child care when I had this illness?” I cried as I could feel my heart was pumping so hard.

 

The doctor held my arm. “Listen here, Park Chanyeol. If you are with her, you will never remember and you will be forever 8 years old when your family were praying days and nights so that you back to 23 years old because the one who loves that girl is 8 years old Park Chanyeol, not this Chanyeol.”

 

I was confused. All the time they were lying to me? Including my parents? Does my illness not have any cure? When will this nightmare stop? I palmed my forehead, the accident and the two people dead in front of my eyes played in my mind and it really hurt! I knelt down, tried to endure the pain while I heard some voice ruckus in my ears. They kept on calling my name as my vision got blurred.

 

Park Chanyeol, you have to wake up!