Forty Two

MR DISORDER

I switched off my laptop once I had done my assignment which was the due date at the end of the week. I stretched my arms in tiredness before my eyes fell on the clock on the wall. “Time for work.” I mumbled alone as I fastened my action by grabbing my bag and wore my thick coat as fast as I could. I tied my hair while walking out from the room and Aunt Mijoo was focused on her drama on TV.

 

“Immo, I’m going out for work.” I told her before I went straight to the door without hesitation.

 

Aunt Mijoo, who looked surprised, chased me from behind. “Working on the weekend? Are you sure, Hanseol? And you should be working the night shift which starts at 4pm, now it is still 2pm. Are you working overtime?” She seems full of worry in her voice.

 

I giggled as I wore my shoes in a hurry. “There’s no one at the cafe except Seungcheol. I need to help him.” I said before pecking her cheek instantly. “Bye, Immo~”

 

I waved to her as I walked out to the bus station. The longer I stay, Aunt Mijoo will definitely find thousands of accused to not let me go for work. Well, Seungcheol do have a companion though in which our Pastry Chef, Wonwoo who was quiet enough to make your whole day awkward. But this was the only way for me to not stay at home full of sweet memories of me and him.

 

“I’m here~” I pushed the entrance door as Seungcheol welcomed me with his sweet smile. Wonwoo was arranging Croissant and Cannoli at the front bar just gave me a light smile and nod before continuing his work. “Sorry, I’m late.” I kept my bag aside as I got ready at my place which is a smoothie maker.

 

Seungcheol smiled back at me. “Luckily, only a few people came in. Tea time is coming so there will be a lot of customers.” he said before I nodded.

 

The three of us started to work and as expected, customers non stop, coming into the cafe. Well, the weather out there was quite cold so they might warm it with our fresh and delicious pastry and hot coffee made by our amazing barista, Choi Seungcheol. Ladies and especially female students will stop by to see Seungcheol and Wonwoo as both of them were good looking enough to attract a lot of attention.

 

“Welcome to Shin Cafe. Can I have your order, Miss?” I asked a lady since she directly went to me instead of Seungcheol. That was weird.

 

She removed her sunglasses and made me fascinated. She was pretty like a model and looked familiar. “Do you have fruit smoothies?” she asked elegantly.

 

I nodded. “Yes, we do. May I have your order please?” I was ready to take her order as her phone rang.

 

“Yes, dear?” she stopped for a while to make me thin my lips, waiting for her to finish her call. “I’m at a cafe nearby here.” She looked around until she saw my apron. “Shin Cafe. Do you want anything?” she asked. “Alright. Wait me outside of the cafe.”

 

She ended the call and made me face her again. “Can I have hot Caramel Macchiato Coffee with less fine sugar and hot coffee with brown sugar?” she ordered.

 

“May I have your name, Miss?”

 

She flipped her hair behind, showing off her collarbone to me. “Miss Jung Hani.”

 

I smiled in a friendly way. “Alright, Miss Jung Hani. Hold on a few moments. You may take a seat over here and we will call you once your drinks are done-” I said and she just moved to an empty table at the edge of the cafe. “You are welcome, Miss.” I muttered alone before I heard Seungcheol was giggling behind me. He must have heard what I had said just now. I put the order list at the board as Seungcheol gets ready to make the coffee while I take another order from the next customer.

 

“Calling for Miss Jung Hani! Your order is done!” I called from far, the lady named Hani came to me while her stilettos tapping on the floor.

 

I was about to calculate her order, she already handed me her credit card to make me stop from calculating further. I took it slowly before using the card machine payment to pay her orders. Beautiful but arrogant! Once I had swipe her card, I gave it back to her and quickly packed her drinks into a box.

 

The entrance door opened and me, Seungcheol and Wonwoo simultaneously welcomed them as we had used to. “Welcome to Shin Cafe~” we chanted together.

 

I was busy packing the drinks and one in a hundred days I was working here, why at this time the box drink was not working as expected?! “Hold on for awhile, Miss Hani.” I said and I could hear her sighed in mad and as I did, I passed to her instantly before bowing in sorry. “Sorry for the delay, Miss Jung Hani.” I apologized in 90 degrees and stayed like that, hoping that she would say ‘I forgive you.’

 

Suddenly, a voice appeared to make my heart beat stopped from beating.

 

“Hani, are you done?”

 

That voice…

 

I stood up straight while looking around nervously. “I-I hear you…” I was shaken from what I heard.

 

Miss Jung Hani was not there anymore and whose voice I heard just now? “C-Chanyeol?” my eyes were roaming around the cafe in nervousness.

 

Seungcheol who was looking at me, pulled me to look at him. “Hanseol ah, are you okay?” he asked in worry.

 

My legs felt wobbly once I saw a figure that I know the most was walking outside of the cafe. I pushed Seungcheol aside before running out without any doubt. “Chanyeol ah!” I shouted while running out to the place that I saw him. I looked around and my legs didn’t stop from keeping on roaming around the place. I saw you! I really did see you, Park Chanyeol! Tears rolled on my cheeks and I let it dry by the cold wind out there.

 

The sky got darker as I stopped at the nearby bench and took a deep breath while resting my body. My hands were shaking and so did my heart. It pumped like crazy since I heard that voice. “What is wrong with me?” I tried to endure my tears before I burst into a cry that I kept since just now. “Stupid, Hanseol! He’s not here!” I hit my head in reluctance as someone griping my hand made me look up.

 

“Hanseol, are you okay?” Seungcheol asked and I could tell you that he was just running.

 

I wiped my tears before taking my bag from him. “Thank you and sorry for leaving without telling you.” I controlled my voice and he probably knew that I was crying since my eyes and nose were totally red.

 

He palmed my shoulder. “Are you okay, Hanseol?” he asked again and his face was full of worry.

 

I my dry lips and closed my eyes, tried to explain to him but my mouth was locked. In a second, he brought me into his warm arms and made me cry on his chest instantly. “It’s okay. You can cry here.” he caressed my hair softly and it made me cry even more.

 

The night became darker as I walked home with Seungcheol company me until I reached my house. I entered the house before I heard Aunt Mijoo’s voice was talking to someone else. I stepped into the house and to my surprise, there was Aunt Jiho. I was looking around, finding someone that I want. I knew it! That’s why I saw him just now! “Oh where is Chanyeol, Aunt Jiho?” I asked before barging into Chanyeol’s room.

 

Empty.

 

“Chanyeol?”

 

I spun around as Aunt Mijoo and Aunt Jiho were staring at me in sad. I was puzzled with their expression and I was about to find Chanyeol at the kitchen, Aunt Mijoo stopped me. “Hanseol ah…”

 

I looked at her. “Yes, Immo? Is he eating at the dining table?” I was excited.

 

All of a sudden, Aunt Mijoo hugged me and made me more confused. “Immo, why?” I asked and I could hear Aunt Mijoo was weeping and Aunt Jiho was patting my shoulder, like they were comforting me. I pushed Aunt Mijoo to break the hug. “Immo, Aunt Jiho. Why are you guys crying?” I asked in innocence.

 

“Hanseol dear, Chanyeol is not here. I came alone. I just wanted to visit you and Mijoo.” told Aunt Jiho to make me go speechless.

 

I faced Aunt Mijoo and looked back at Aunt Jiho again. “B-But... you were the last person with him.” my vision started to blur due to tears in my eyes.

 

“Hanseol ah, Aunt Jiho came here to visit you. She-” Aunt Mijoo was about to say but I cut her.

 

“Where is Chanyeol, Aunt Jiho?” I asked in desperation. I grabbed her hands in begging. “Tell me where is he? Please say something!”

 

Aunt Jiho wiped tears on my cheek with her thumb. “I’m sorry, Hanseol. After I sent him overseas with his parents, I haven’t met him until now. I’m really sorry, dear.” every word from her made me hurt even more.

 

“N-No…” I palmed my ears, not wanting to hear.

 

Aunt Mijoo held me. “Hanseol ah, listen honey-”

 

“Quiet!”

 

I tried to accept the fact that I will never meet him again but my heart didn’t let me do so. “Liar! He will never leave me!” I shouted as I ran back to the room that used to be Chanyeol’s room before locking myself in the room. I threw myself on the bed and without notice, I burst into tears again. At the same place. “I miss you, Chanyeol ahh…” I cried as I stared blankly at the empty side on the bed that we used to sleep together.

 

“Hanseol Noona…”

 

“You said that you will never leave me. Eomma, Appa, I thought you sent him for me, to make me happy. But why do you take him back again? Are you happy now?” I threw all Chanyeol’s dinosaur toys and made them look messy on the floor. “I hate all of you!” I screamed in hurt and my body got weaker and weaker.

 

His voice kept playing in my mind, making my head stung in pain as tears kept falling. The memory that I hope that I could forget rewinded and replayed in my mind. “I hate you…” I whispered before everything turned dark.