Forty Five

MR DISORDER

I stared blankly on the floor tiles of the study hall while swirled my pen in confusion. I’m confident that it was Chanyeol, but his eyes… no more innocent stare from him. Aishhh! I scratched my hair which was not itchy at all as my mind was full with Chanyeol, my Channie who was playful, cheerful and innocent. “You got the wrong person, Gong Hanseol. Maybe he looks like your Chanyeol and has the same name but he is not the one. Accept it.” I convinced myself even though God knew that I was denying the fact that I stated.

 

“Hanseol ah ~”

 

Seunghee’s voice appeared before she landed her bum beside me in happiness. She probably just came back from meeting with her boyfriend. “Are you okay, friend?” she asked while studying my face in worry.

 

I changed my sight to her as my eyes were straight stared into her eyes, sent a chill to her as well. “Will you believe me if I told you something?” I asked her as she nodded slowly in hesitation.

 

I my dry lips to begin my story. “I met him.”

 

“Who?”

 

“Park Chanyeol.”

 

Seunghee frowned her forehead. “What?”

 

“Yes, I met him.” I tried to assure her, to see her reaction to it.

 

She chuckled before leaning back while crossing her arms upon her chest. “Ya, Gong Hanseol. I know you miss him but this is more nonsense and impossible to me.” she said as she fixed her seat and faced me. “Look, he went back to America for almost 2 to 3 years and Aunt Mijoo also had told me that Chanyeol is not coming back because his family is living there. Hanseol, I think you have been holding his memories for too long and it is time for you to move on, just like what he did.”

 

My breath seems a bit heavy and I did not know why my heart can’t accept whatever that Seunghee said. “But…” I am really against her now. “I really did see him yesterday. His face, eyes and all the features, everything seems like him. I swear!” I persuaded her and I can’t hold it anymore!

 

Seunghee pulled me into her arms while hugging me, patted my back softly. “Okay, I trust you, Hanseol. Let's meet him again okay.” Seunghee calmly convinced me make me smile.

 

“Thanks, Seunghee. I will show him to you one day.”

 

Once all my classes were done, I hastened my steps to the cafe for my part time job or more likely, I was waiting for him to come back again. I was wiping the counter but my eyes were roaming around the cafe, afraid that I missed his glimpse.

 

“Hanseol, be careful!”

 

In a second, Seungcheol pulled me aside before a cup of hot water spilt on the floor which almost burned my precious hands. My heart was shaking and I could see some eyes from the customers who were enjoying their coffee were all on me. I stood aside to see Seungcheol was hugging my waist and I could tell you that it was so close between me and him that it might lead the people to think that we were a couple.

 

I pushed him lightly and he was a bit awkward that he looked away while clearing his throat. I caught a sight on him before he took the rug and wiped the hot water slowly. “Thank you Seungcheol and sorry about that.” I said in guilt.

 

He took some tissues as he bent down to wipe the hot water on the floor instead. “It’s okay.” he smiled and I could see it since his dimples appeared on his cheeks. He looked up at me. “Are you okay, Hanseol? I think something is bothering you lately.” he sounded worried.

 

I smiled sheepishly. Is it obvious? “Emm… nothing happened. Just…” I thought of something to cover my hesitation. “Not having enough sleep lately because of my assignment.” I lied but it was actually quite true though.

 

“Oh really? Should I ask the manager to reduce your working hours?” he attacked with his concern questions as usual.

 

I giggled. “It’s okay, Seungcheol ah. I’m good for now.” I convinced him.

 

“It’s not a big deal. I will take your balance working hours and cover you here. I’m strong enough here, little girl.” he confidently said while rubbing my hair like a father and his daughter.

 

I smiled. He is such an angel. “Trust me. I’m okay with it. It is better that my free time is filled up with this work. I love to pack my schedule purposely to busy myself without doing nothing.” I answered without hesitation but Seungcheol was staring at me with his narrow eyes, looking in doubt. I laughed. “Alright. I will inform you if I am tired or need some rest so that you can help me at the cafe okay?”

 

He nodded in happy as both of us giggled within each other. I worked as usual but it was almost 9 pm but there was no sign of Chanyeol coming back here. Will he come here today? I ogled around the cafe and still, no shadow of Chanyeol here.

 

“Hanseol, your working time almost ends, which is one hour more before 10 pm and do you know what? Our boss let you go back early today so…” Seungcheol came closer to me before removing the apron around my waist and took away my cap from my head. “Go back now. I will close the shop.”

 

I stared at him. “Are you sure?”

 

“Yes, very sure.”

 

I smiled. “Thanks, Seungcheol.” I packed up my things before I spun around again to him. “Oh ya, if… only if you see a tall guy with emmm… round eyes like deer or doe eyes, thick lips and light brown hair coming here, can you give him my phone number and ask him to call me?” I requested.

 

Seungcheol gazed at me weirdly. “O...kay but who is he?” he asked in curiosity.

 

“It just… A friend to me. He said that he will come here to give a visit but maybe he forgot about it.” I lied to him again. And again! “So can you do it for me? It's just if he comes here, you do not need to go and find him out there.” I added.

 

He nodded in understanding. “Sure. Now, go back home. Rest well and don’t come back to work with puffy or panda eyes tomorrow or I will ask the manager or Wonwoo to punish you.” Seungcheol blabbered while pushing me lightly to the exit door.

 

I laughed at his so-caring-brother attitude. “Alright, papaaa~” I joked as he giggled. We waved each other goodbye before I walked on the cold street. I looked around when I was about a few metres away from the cafe, I changed my path to another way.

 

I was walking in the neighbourhood on the road to the Chanyeol’s mansion that I found yesterday. Once I reached in front of the mansion, I tiptoed to check on the security guard as I tried to find a way to get into the big house. “Why is his house so dark? Is there anyone at home?” I mumbled alone while keeping an eye on the house.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

A deep voice spoke from my back made my heart flutter so hard. I tried to take some breath as I was not ready to look at him. I spun around slowly and it was really him. “C-Chanyeol?” I uttered his name in nervousness.

 

He lifted one of his eyebrows and from his expression, I knew he was kind of disgusted with me. I carved my lips to a smile as he crossed his arms on his chest. “I asked you, what are you doing here?” he pressed his flat deep voice, asking the same question again.

 

I cleared my throat. “Are you really Park Chanyeol?” I questioned him back. “Oh and to answer your question on what am I doing here, it is because I want to meet you to ask who you are?” I confidently asked him even though my stomach kept growling due to the nervousness.

 

“I don't think I need to answer your question since I am Park Chanyeol and I am the one who should ask you, who are you? How did you know me? I don’t even know you at all and how can you know my name?” he attacked me with the questions that I don’t expect to come out from his mouth. “And to be honest, I was about to meet you today too but I have work to be done. I want you to answer all my questions now. Who are you and how did you know me?” he asked in stern.

 

I gulped. Wow… he is scary after all. I took out my phone before opening my gallery on the phone and showed it to him. It is just a random picture of me and my Chanyeol, when he was just a lovely and caring boy. “This is my Chanyeol. Familiar?”

 

That weird Chanyeol tilted his head a bit since he was quite tall and stared at the picture with his rounded eyes. “H-How…” It was the first time I saw this scary Chanyeol stuttering but with a different feel. It sounded shaky and uneasy.

 

I pulled back the phone before facing him. “His name is Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol. Rounded eyes with innocent gaze, pointy and ball nose, chubby cheeks and have the purest smile. That’s my Channie. Now, answer me. Who are you? Why do you have the same face as him and so does his name? You are not my Chanyeol that I know.” I stated all that I wanted to ask him.

 

He furrowed his showing-wide forehead since there were no more bangs on his forehead just like my Chanyeol which make him look more fierce. “Whoever is your Chanyeol, that’s nothing to do with me. For your information, I don’t even know you and you should also act the same. Don’t you dare to compare me with your Chanyeol because I hate it. I am way better than him.” he said coldly before walking away to his house’s entrance.

 

I fist my hand in frustration made me glare at him. “Why is it so hard for you to say that you are Chanyeol that I know?” I shouted back at him as I got closer to him. “If you are not my Chanyeol, why were you hesitant when you saw the dinosaur toy that I showed you yesterday? I know you remember me but your mind denies it. Why?!”

 

Chanyeol turned and looked at me with his scary eyes. “Stop saying that I am your Chanyeol! Yes, my mother told me that I was living in Korea previously and a random family was taking care of me but if you are here just to admit that you are that family and now what? You want me to pay for what you have done?!” he angered me with his stormy voice.

 

My lips were shaken in disappointment.

 

“Listen here, girl. I remembered that there was some people before this who took advantage of me and torture me due to my weak condition. I-”

 

“I’m not one of them, Chanyeol. I’m your-”

 

“Shut up!” he yelled. “I have enough of it. Hani had told me that my mother told her that some people might be looking and seeking for me because of money since taking care of me when I was sick but no one sincerely took care of me as they only used me to get money from my aunt. So stop whatever you are doing now or else, I will call the police!”

 

Hani? Oh that y girl?! She doesn't even know me and how could she poison his mind like that. My breath was ups and downs and I can’t hold it back anymore. “So you are my Chanyeol. Why is it so hard for you to remember me?” my tears finally rolled on my cheeks but he only looked at me in annoyance instead of sympathy. “Tell me! What should I do to make you remember our memories? Just ask me anything and I will answer everything that you like and what we did 2 years ago.” I cried desperately.

 

Chanyeol palmed his ears, signed that he did not want to hear my words at all. “Go away and I don’t want to remember about us anymore! I hope we never meet before and go away!!” he roared before running into his house without looking back at me who was crying alone on the floor.

 

“Park Chanyeol!!”