Thirty Four

MR DISORDER

I woke up because of Aunt Mijoo’s voice, quite loud for me and the whole house to hear. I walked out of the room sleepy before bumped into Chanyeol who had just woken up too. We looked at each other but I just saw him blurry while he was yawning in sleep. Aunt Mijoo’s voice was getting louder as both of us ‘shush’ simultaneously as she walked to us.

 

“Did both of you just ‘shh’ me?” she asked in disbelief.

 

I ignored her as I went back to my room while Chanyeol lazily walked to his room too. I threw myself on the bed again before I got to sleep again.

 

“Gong Hanseol!! Park Chanyeol!! Wake up!!!” Aunt Mijoo screamed, making me sit down vertically in shock.

 

I palmed my chest in surprise as I rushed out to her. “Immo~” I whined and again, Chanyeol came out but didn’t say anything.

 

Aunt Mijoo smiled teasingly. “Good children! Now, bath and let’s breakfast. I have something to tell both of you.” she told me before walking away to the kitchen again.

 

I rolled my eyes and got back to my room but this time, I followed Aunt Mijoo’s order which was bathing. Well, it was the weekend so that was the biggest reason why I woke up late today. Unfortunately, this old lady sang all the time in the morning, just woke me up. I went out to the kitchen before I saw Chanyeol and Aunt Mijoo were already on the table for breakfast. “Oh my dear, come let’s eat.” I took a seat in front of Chanyeol as all of us started to dig into the foods.

 

Once I was about to take a bite of my breakfast, Aunt Mijoo broke the peace of the eating environment. “Today, I have training at Busan under my company so…” both of us looked at her while she paused awhile. “I need to bring both of you along.”

 

“Yeay!!!” Chanyeol cheered and made Aunt Mijoo smile.

 

I giggled. “How long will it be, Immo? I have my final exam a few weeks more.” I told her..

 

“Don’t worry. It’s only two day. Today and tomorrow. After we breakfast, pack up your things and then we move by afternoon okay?” said Aunt Mijoo, making me and Chanyeol gleed happily and of course will be the most excited.

 

The noon came as I packed my things in one bag while Aunt Mijoo helped Chanyeol pack his things. We went out around 12 pm before Aunt Mijoo drove away to the train station. Once we arrived, Aunt Mijoo gathered with her officemates as me and Chanyeol stayed aside quietly. After a few briefings, all of us took the train straight to Busan. Chanyeol, who was sitting with me, played his dinosaurs while I was in dreamland.

 

It took 2 hours and how many minutes, I didn’t know since I was sleeping. As we arrived, the employees should have checked in to the hotel first then, they will visit the training centre. “Listen, kids. Stay here and don’t go too far.” warned Aunt Mijoo before she faced me. “Hanseol, take care of Chanyeol, understand?” she reminded me as I nodded and then she changed her sight to Chanyeol. “Chanyeol, listen to Hanseol noona, okay?”

 

He nodded many times as Aunt Mijoo smiled and left us in the hotel.

 

I was kept on changing the channel on television meanwhile Chanyeol was busy with his toys all the time. I sighed in boredom before looking out at the balcony of the hotel. “Oh? Chanyeol ah…” I called him and he faced me instantly. “Do you want to go out?” I asked.

 

Chanyeol’s eyes enlightened when I said ‘go out’. “I want! I want to!”

 

I giggled. “Come, let’s go.”

 

We held our hands onto each other before walking out from the hotel. Actually, I saw a sea nearby the hotel, so I just thought of bringing him there since it was quite boring in the hotel. Chanyeol, who was fascinated with the sea, quickly ran towards the sea and made me laugh. “Ya, Park Chanyeol~ Be careful.” I told him as he kept on splashing the water at the shores.

 

“Noona, come here.” he called as I shook my head in decline.

 

He pouted before he got closer to me. In a second, he held my hand and just dragged me all the way to the sea, making me scream in surprise. The wave came as it spattered on us and we were all wet.

 

“Aish Park Chanyeol~!” I whined before I could hear him laughing in tease, making me pout my lips. “Ya, it’s not funny~” I whimpered as Chanyeol moved towards me and as he wanted to say something, I quickly pushed him as he fell into water. I laughed before Chanyeol burst into laughter too.

 

He stood up in the wet. “Ahah! Noona, get ready~” he naughtily smiled as he tried to chase me and make me run away from him.

 

“No no!” I screamed before I rushed away to make him run fastly to me. In a split second, he got me by grabbing my waist and before I could know, he carried me all the way to sea and the waves splashed on us made both of us fall on the sand. I eyed on Chanyeol while he looked at me as both of us laughed loudly. “You naughty boy~” I scattered some water on his face and he giggled.

 

Chanyeol scrubbed his eyes probably because the sea water that stung his eyes. I eyed him before I blew on his eyes and blinked a few times. As he was able to open his eyes widely, we looked at each other and made my heart beat fast. “Wait…” he brushed some sand on my cheek as I kept gazing on him.

 

Wait, Gong Hanseol! What have you done? I looked away quickly before I wiped my cheek on my own. “Cah let’s go back to the hotel. We are all wet now.” I said as he giggled.

 

We walked together to the hotel as I took a towel and dried Chanyeol’s hair first. I let him bathe first and then helped him wear his pajamas. I distracted him with his toys. In the meantime, I took a fresh bath and got ready in pajamas too. Once I finished, I cooked ramyun (instant noodles) for our dinner since Aunt Mijoo texted me that she will be a bit late because their training will be finished in three days if they delay the time.

 

“Park Chanyeol, come here and eat.” I called before we sat down on the floor with a small table. He stared at the ramyun because it was his first time eating this. I took a spoonful of noodles before blowing it slowly. “Cah ahhh~” I asked him to open his mouth as I slowly fed him.

 

He munched it before dancing happily and made me giggle. I taught him how to eat ramyun and then he tried on his own. We finished the noodles in a few minutes as we gathered in front of the TV again.

 

The late night came as Chanyeol got sleepy. “Noona, I’m sleepy.” He rubbed his eyes and made me smile.

 

“Come, let’s go.” I brought him to the bed as he set down himself slowly on the bed. I laid beside him before I patted him softly. In just a few minutes, Chanyeol fell asleep, making me heaved a breath since Chanyeol was being energetic from morning. After two hours of sleeping, Chanyeol suddenly woke up in surprise, making me astonished since I wasn’t sleeping at all because I was texting with Seunghee.

 

I looked at him before he cried all of a sudden. “Noona~” he hugged as he sobbed in tears and made me wrap him in my arms.

 

“What’s wrong? Why are you crying? Nightmare?” I asked in worry and he kept on hugging, even tighter. I caressed his curly hair while patting his back gently. He leaned in my arms as his cry got slower and faded. I peeked at him before he wiped his tears. “Why are you crying, Channie ya?” I asked in concern and he blinked his eyes a few times.

 

Chanyeol thinned his lips in hesitation. “There was a huge fire and I was trapped in a car and suddenly, it exploded. I’m scared~” he was about to cry again before I hugged him again.

 

“It's just a dream, okay. Come, I will accompany you to sleep.” I persuaded him.

 

He quickly shook his head in reluctance. “I don’t want to sleep. It’s scary~” he whined as tears rolled on his cheeks.

 

I held his hand while caressing him gently. “Hey listen to me.” I cupped his face. “I’m here, okay. I will never leave you.” I brushed away his tears again.

 

Chanyeol eyes on me with his lips curved sadly. “Really?” He sniveled.

 

I nodded in assuredness and made him lay down on bed again. He kept holding my hand before I slowly laid beside him and hugged him in my arms. “Now, sleep.” I comforted him as he snuggled his head on my neck in pampering. Sometimes, he looked up to see me make me giggled over his cuteness. “Are you afraid now?” I questioned since I knew he hadn’t slept yet.

 

He shook his head before encircling my waist. “I’m not scared if noona is here.” He muttered and made me smile.

 

“Aigoo… My boy is getting brave now~” I praised him as he squeaked in happiness. “Do you want me to tell you a story?” I asked.

 

Chanyeol nodded.

 

“Okay, it all started when a beautiful girl and a handsome boy who lived deep deep in the forest with their parents who lived in poor condition. The boy named Hansel and the girl named Gretel. Once upon a time, their father went out to find some woods while their mother was preparing breakfast for them.” I told like a storyteller while Chanyeol fixed his eyes on me and listened to it carefully.

 

He yawned after 15 minutes but his eyes still widely opened. He seems to force his eyes to stay awake due to the nightmare that he faced just now, perhaps.

 

Then, in 30 minutes, I was kept on telling the ‘Hansel and Gretel’ story before he ended up slowly falling asleep. I peeked at him as I could hear his soft snoring make me chuckle quietly. I secretly covered us with the thick blanket because the cold night weather before I fell asleep along with him.