Three

MR DISORDER

“WHAT?!!”

Aunt Mijoo stared at me who was pissed off with her. Am I hearing it wrongly? I let my breath exhale heavily while massaging my temple speechless. Aunt Mijoo looked at me and I was walking back and forth making her lean back on the couch calmly. “They need our help, Hanseol ahh.” Aunt Mijoo said as I stopped in front of her instantly.

“Help? Let a stranger guy live here with us?!” I scolded her and that simultaneously made Aunt Mijoo zipped , maybe shocked with my anger. “Immo, I know you just want to help your senior or whatever she is but by letting this guy here and we take care of him? What do we get? Plus, it is awkward here!” 

“He has an illness and I feel sorry for him. However, he is only a boy, he wouldn’t harm us since we are the majority gender here.” she answered as I scratched my hair which was not itchy, turned it into messy hair.

A boy? The hell?! He is a man!

I sat beside her before looking at Aunt Mijoo deeply. “Immo, we don’t know his background and just because Aunt Jiho is your senior, doesn’t mean she can ask you for something like this. This is not part of your work. And if she did fire or report you to the hierarchy, just quit. There are a lot of jobs out there.” 

Aunt Mijoo crossed her arms on her chest while still looking at me. “Why do you dislike Chanyeol so much? He didn’t do anything to you.” she questioned, still defending that guy.

I sighed, calming myself to slow talk with this old lady. “Okay, listen Immo. Aunt Jiho goes to China because of whatever work that she has. Now, she ask for our help to look after her weird nephew which-”

Before I could continue my words, Aunt Mijoo glared at me in mad. “Gong Hanseol. The weird guy you mentioned is sick. Mind your language.” she cut me with a little warning there.

I rolled my eyes. “Fine. Then, who does take care of her nephew when she has gone overseas before?” I interviewed. It was not an interview but mostly, a debate interview.

“She put him in childcare.”

“Then, why didn't she send him to childcare instead?”

The question I asked made Aunt Mijoo quiet instantly. I leaned back in satisfaction. Seems like she lost in our debate. “I told you. Don’t be kind towards people even though she is your senior.” I said before I hugged her shoulder with my arm. “Immo, she didn’t pay you to be a babysitter. That guy is big enough to take care of himself. Whatever that Aunt Jiho said that he is 5 or 6 years old, he’s still a man. Everyone will look weird on him.”

“He is only eight.”

“Fine, eight.”

Aunt Mijoo looked at me as she suddenly gripped my arms. Her eyes stared at me like she was determined of something. “Hanseol ah…”

“Yes…?”

She looked quite hesitant but she kept looking onto my eyes. “If only…” she said in doubt and I was nodding at her, make sure she let out everything in her mind. “You just act like Chanyeol as invisible in this house, will you be okay?” she asked and that made me frown my eyebrows.

“Immo!”

She let me free from her grip. “Immo will take care of Chanyeol and that is my final decision.” she strictly said and that made me assume that she already loves that tall boy. “You like it or not, I am the one will responsible for him.”

“But Imm-”

“And by the way, my senior paid me twice my salary by giving KPI and part of her bonuses if I let him live here and probably…” She stopped and made me eye her. “She might give you some of… you know… extra money for your PERSONAL ALLOWANCES.”

I rounded my eyes. “P-Personal allowan-nce?”

She nodded in a snobbish way. I bit my lips, wondering if it was a great opportunity. Well, I need some money so I can go shopping later with Seunghee or maybe some dresses to impress Hyungwon. Make ups, perfumes and shoes! Hyungwon will fall for me! “Immo, how long will he stay here?” I asked, acting like I did not fall for her bait. 

Aunt Mijoo giggled. “Well, it depends on her work. If I’m not mistaken, around 3 to 4 months.” she replied, knowing that I fell for the money that they offered.

I was silenced while my mind was working so hard to make a decision on this. 

I heaved my breath in reluctantly. “Okay, fine. But doesn’t mean I am willing to let him stay with us. It just…” I looked away, avoiding any eye contact with my aunt. “Aunt Jiho is desperate.” Why am I falling for that money… Well, prom party for final year is coming. I need savings for that!

She wrapped her arm around my shoulder happily. “Okay. If you are okay, there is a thing that you should do to get that allowance.”

I glared at her in an instant. “What? Immo!”

“Chanyeol is our responsibility. Both. Of. Us. Deal?”

I sighed in frustration. Stupid deal! 

Aunt Mijoo sighed before standing up all of a sudden. “Well, it means I get a triple salary for now.” she muttered to herself but it was audible for me. Once she almost walked towards the kitchen, I crossed my arms. For the sake of my final year party! For the sake of Hyungwon! “Fine!”

She spun around, looking at me. “What is it?”

I looked away. “Deal.”

Now, I can hear her snickering softly externally but I knew, she was laughing evilly internally. “What is the deal, Gong Hanseol?” there she went to that annoying question. Aunt Mijoo really know how to make me feel stupid and annoy at the same time.

“Deal! Chanyeol is our responsibility.” 

Aunt Mijoo clapped her hands happily before sitting down again beside me. “Okay, it’s a deal! So, I change my work to night shift so I will look after him during the day and then, at night, your turn, can you?” she said and I could only feel stress, frustrated, resent, annoyed and many more.

“Hanseol ahhh~” she started to shake me in a pampered way and made me move aside. 

“Fine fine. Aish Immo~” I complain with her old-baby attitude. However, it was definitely the one thing that made me comfortable around her. 

Aunt Mijoo stood up again. “Now, let’s clean up our reading room and that will be Channie’s room.” she told me and I just leaned back tiredly. “Immo, can he just sleep on the couch or maybe in your room? I’m too tired to do cleaning now.” I said weakly and hope she will exclude me.

In a second, a pillow was thrown at me, making me look up in mad. “Stop it, drama queen. Let’s go. We need to put a bed for him.” Aunt Mijoo started to move towards the reading room which was just beside my room. “Where can we get a bed for him? There is no more bed in this house!” I shouted back since she was in the room, so she could hear it.

“Later, the lorry will come to send the new bed.”

I sighed.  So much preparation for a stranger. The cleaning took 2 hours as both of us laid on the floor exhausted. I wiped sweat on my temple before turning aside to see Aunt Mijoo who was definitely out of energy. “Immo…”

“Yes…” she answered between her breath.

“I want to go out later with Seunghee.”

Aunt Mijoo who was just about to close her eyes , now she opened widely before she eyed me. “Out? Then, what about Channie?”

I hugged around his waist, put some innocent expression on my face. “Please~ We have a birthday celebration for one of my classmates.” lied me while blinking my eyes a few times. Aunt Mijoo will definitely fall for it!

“Aigoo… fine. But come back home before 10 pm, understand?” warned her as I hugged her tightly. Forgot about those sweat and smelly bodies, I was just too happy. “Thanks, Immo!”

I ran up to my room before quickly getting myself ready. Well, actually there was no birthday celebration at all. I had just promised Hyungwon to see his competition. I wore a simple soft pink dress with a baby blue thick coat since it will be cold out there. Once I was done, I ran out and as soon as I turned around, everything was ruined. 

“Ohh Hanseol noona~” Chanyeol was in front of the television with his dinosaurs dolls and slimy substances between his nose and lips or I can describe it as ‘mucus’. YUCKS! Aunt Mijoo came out from the reading room as she approached me. “Are you going now?”

I nodded, still in disgust with that guy. “I am going now. Bye.” I said as I bowed to Aunt Mijoo.

As I was about to move to the door, Chanyeol followed me from behind and made me stop him. “Ya… What are you doing?” I asked him while he was eyeing on me. 

“Where are you going, noona?” he scratched his black hair with his toy.

I rolled my eyes before wearing my shoes. I just ignored him. “Can I follow?” he asked, making me glare at him. “No.” I answered sternly as I walked out quickly. Aunt Mijoo was just too kind to have him in the house. I can’t understand why Aunt Mijoo should look after him when we can send him to childcare. If not because of money, I will never let him stay here.

From far, I can see Seunghee who was waiting for me. “Hanseol ahh~” she waved at me as I ran towards her. “Ya Gong Hanseol. Why is your face so stressful? You fight with Aunt Mijoo again?” she asked to make me palms my cheeks. Am I? I smiled slowly. 

“Nothing. We are fine. It's just a bit of a misunderstanding.” I lied.

Seunghee nodded. “Okay. Are you ready to meet him?”

I giggled before nodding happily.

“Okay! Kaja!” Both of us walked together to the place where Hyungwon and his group had their competition. Hyungwon was a good dancer and also with his visuals, everyone will fall for him. Too bad, I am the only girl that close enough to him since we have been knowing each other for a long time and Seunghee will be second. She can’t be first, of course! I am the heroine now.

As soon we arrived, all I could see was students around my ages flooding the whole hall. I smiled when my eyes stopped on Hyungwon and his group’s poster on the wall. “Ahh so handsome~” I squeaked and made Seunghee elbowed me, for being over the fangirl of my crush.

“Let’s go in.”

Once we were about to enter, someone stopped us. “Ticket please?”

I looked at Seunghee as she stared at the guy in front of us. “T-Ticket?” Seunghee seems confused and makes me nervous. “Seunghee ah, why didn't you tell me that we need a ticket?” I asked before bowing to the guy, probably the ticket collector. “I’m sorry. We don’t know that we need a ticket to enter this competition.”

Seunghee bit his lips in guilt as I hugged her arm. “It’s okay. Maybe next time.” I tried to persuade her. Honestly, I was about to throw a tantrum right now. It will be my first time watching Hyungwon and now, I have to wait for the next competition, if he is still in the competition.

The guy suddenly laughed and made us look at him. “Gong Hanseol and Hyun Seunghee, right?” the guy asked as both of us nodded. How did he know our names? 

“You are free to go in without tickets.”

“Nae?!” Both of us simultaneously shook, making the guy laugh even harder. “B-But-”

He smiled. “Hyungwon told me already. He already paid for your tickets. Don’t worry.” he said as we looked at each other. “Mingyu ah, bring these two girls to her seats. They are Hyungwon’s friends.” ordered the guy to a tall guy behind him. 

Mingyu smiled at us as he led us into the hall. “Your man is a real man huh?” Seunghee teased me and made me smile in blush. He brought us to the front seats and that was really really near towards the stage! “Thank you, Mingyu shi.” I thanked him as he flashed a smile before leaving us there. 

Soon, the competition started with many groups showing their talents in singing and dancing. Well, the grand prize will be money and also an opportunity to go to America, free passes watching live dance battles there. It was one of Hyungwon’s dreams though.

“So now! Let’s make some noise for the last group! The group that most of us have been waiting for!!” the MC announced as the hall started to cheer loudly. 

Seunghee faced me. “Ya! Your boyfriend is coming now!” she shouted a bit since it was quite chaotic there. I smiled when she mentioned ‘Your Boyfriend’. I felt like he really is my boyfriend now!

“Let’s give a big hand clap for……. MON. MONSTA. X!!!!”

I shouted in happiness while Seunghee shouted along with the audience. I didn’t know what song that they were dancing and singing to but it was the most dynamic and cool song ever! They should debut as boy group idols now. I could see Hyungwon was focused on his dancing and when it came to his part to be at center, I was the first one to stand up, cheering for him.

“Chae Hyungwon!! You are so good!” I screamed while jumping in happy. Maybe, my voice was quite different and loud, which made Hyungwon look at me. I showed him a thumb up and the thing that I will never forget was he winked at me with his warm smile that could melt me anytime.

I spun around to Seunghee. “Seunghee ah! You see! Hyungwon wink at me!” I told her as she hugged me happily. “Aigoo! Stop making my friend crazy of you, Hyungwon shi!” Seunghee jokingly cheered before both of us burst into laughter.

My Hyungwon… My forever Chae Hyungwon…