Twenty Eight

MR DISORDER

I was staring at the rice roll in front of me blankly while Seunghee went to the canteen to buy some drinks for us. The scene of me and Chanyeol at the park played in my mind. How close were we at that time and how he gazed deeply into my eyes. I palmed my chest as I could feel my heart pumped rapidly. “Why am I like this? Argh…” I heaved a sigh heavily since it kept hunting from last night until now. I even avoided today breakfast because of him.

 

A push from behind made me jump in surprise. Seunghee laughed with my shock expression before I slapped her arm lightly. “What are you thinking, friend?” Seunghee teased me as she took a seat beside me.

 

I shrugged off those things and just opened the rice roll’s pack but then, I paused again. “Seunghee ah…”

 

Seunghee who was munching in hunger spun her head aside, looked at me with full. “What?”

 

I fixed my position before taking a deep breath. “What if someone's heart beat fast towards a guy-” I hadn’t finished up my words, Seunghee gripped my arms with a smile.

 

“Hanseol ah, it show you loves him. Simple, right?” she convinced me before continued eat her rice roll. I my lips since it was drying and even dying due to uneasy feeling. I eyed on Seunghee again as I pulled her to face me. I cupped her face make she rounded her eyes in surprise before I gazed into her eyes deeply. “Ya Gong Hanseol, are you alright?” she asked in awkward.

 

I sighed. “If the heart beat fast because of a boy, a young boy. I mean a kid. What would it be?” I questioned in detail as Seunghee stared at me puzzled.

 

“A boy? Are you sure it was a boy?” She asked me for confirmation.

 

I nodded slowly.

 

Seunghee pondered while lost in deep thought. “Doesn’t it mean… that person loves that boy too…?” she said in hesitation.

 

I was lost in words before I let Seunghee free from my hands. I love Chanyeol? No way… “L-Loves?” I repeated in stuttering and she looked at me confused.

 

“Ya Gong Hanseol. Why? Who is that person? Aunt Mijoo?” she asked in curiosity as I shook my head in dumbfounded.

 

I looked around quickly before I left Seunghee alone. I only heard Seunghee shout my name from the back and I just walked straight to the school building. I roamed my eyes around before my eyes fell on someone that I was looking for. I moved towards him as I grabbed his hand and it surprised him. “Hyungwon, I need to talk to you about something.” I dragged him away from his friends before bringing him to the quiet place.

 

“Hanseol, why? Is there anything happening?” he asked in worry.

 

I stared at his eyes, making him uncomfortable. He tried to look away before I pulled his face gently to face me. “Look at me, Hyungwon.” I said flatly as he kept his lips, probably he was nervous since he was a bit shaky. I came closer to him and made Hyungwon round his eyes. I slowly hugged him and leaned my head onto his chest calmly.

 

Hyungwon who was still blank was astounded once I tightened the hug. “H-Hanseol…?” he called me and I realised he was stuttering but why was I the one who was calm here?

 

I pushed him lightly before looking up to his face as I could see his face turned red and blushed. I palmed my chest to feel my heartbeat. ! It stayed calm and not that fast! I closed my eyes in nervousness and suddenly, Hyungwon bent down to my height while gazing at me warmly. “Hanseol, are you okay?” he asked in worry before palming my forehead.

 

“Hyungwon…”

 

He looked at me as our eyes met each other. “Yes?”

 

I smiled slowly as I could feel blood rushing to my cheeks due to his gaze. “Nothing. I’m sorry, I disturb you.” I lied and as I was about to walk away, Hyungwon grabbed my arm before turning around to him.

 

“You will come to my competition, right?” he asked.

 

I nodded in reassurance.

 

Hyungwon gave a smile. “Okay, see you there.”

 

And that was how we ended up our conversation. I walked back to class before we started our class again. The school ended as me and Seunghee went out from the school building happily. We kept talking about what to wear at night for the competition. Once I reached the house, I was greeted by Aunt Mijoo instead of Chanyeol who made me look around to find him. “He is playing in his room, Hanseol.”Aunt Mijoo said without hesitation.

 

I faced her in surprise. “Y-Yes?”

 

She smiled. “I know you are looking for Chanyeol, right? Aigoo… You and Chanyeol are getting so close now.” Aunt Mijoo whined before sitting on the couch.

 

I rolled my eyes. “Oh Immo, you are not working?” I asked once she looked at me.

 

“Ya. Do you forget? Tomorrow is the weekend, of course I’m not working.” she said with her lips turned into pouty.

 

I giggled. “Fine. Oh by the way, I’m going to Hyungwon’s competition tonight with Seunghee.” I told her before I went straight to my room.

 

The night came as I got ready in my white turtleneck with long black jeans and thick coat. I caked a light makeup since these will be last Hyungwon’s competition. I walked out before I met Chanyeol who was standing in front of my room. He smiled with his teeth fully, making my heart suddenly beat fast. I palmed my chest as I walked away from him.

 

“Immo, I’m going now.” I told her before stepping out from the house instantly.

 

I ran to the end of the street as I stopped at the place that I usually wait for Seunghee. My palm still on my chest while I tried to calm myself. “Ya Gong Hanseol! What’s wrong with you?!” I yelled in anger before slapped my face several times.

 

“Hanseol, are you… okay?”

 

I spun around as Seunghee jumped in surprise while looking at me weirdly. I bit my lower lips before slowly smiling awkward. “Oh S-Seunghee ah… Umm… Nothing, I just…” I lost in words and Seunghee shook his head in annoyance.

 

“Stop stop. Now, let’s go.” she dragged me away as I was relieved. “Why are you getting weird day by day?” Seunghee blabbered, made me giggled and she kept lecturing me all the way to the competition place. As we arrived, we took a seat in front and the competition started directly after we landed our bum. Perfect timing!

 

We were enjoying the performance until Monsta X turned to be on the stage. Me and Seunghee quickly cheered for them and they looked at us happily. The song started making the whole hall screamed with their loud beat. The song began with Jooheon’s rap which made me cheer for him. The whole song was totally different from their song before.

 

“Hanseol ah, why are they so cool?” Seunghee asked loudly since the hall was noisy.

 

I smiled. “Because they have Hyungwon who look handsome here!” I shouted back at her, making both us burst into laughter.

 

The song kept on playing with Hyungwon singing for his part. I chanted over him and made Hyungwon eyed me before giving his sweetest smile that not all people can get! I was about to faint over his charm and the song slowly ended perfectly as they put Wonho as their last center of their performance. The competition ended with their performance making all audiences stand up for ‘Standing Ovation’.

 

I waited for Seunghee while she was away to meet Jihoon, who was the one he liked. I looked around not wanting to look awkward.

 

An arm hanging on my shoulder made me face aside to see Hyungwon was smiling happily to me. I giggled. “So champion, congrats on winning first place.” I before he poked my nose cutely.

 

“Ahhh… It is really hard to get number one for you.” he pouted his lips and made me laugh.

 

I smiled proudly. “Congratulations again, Chae Hyungwon. I am really proud of you.” I said sincerely as he smiled gently to me.

 

Suddenly, he took my hand with his warm hand before he held it in his grip. I gazed at him in surprised and he only stayed calm make me nervously looked at our hands. With slow movement, he pulled me closer to him as our body almost touched to each other. I looked up to his height while he looked down at me due to my shortness. “Hanseol ah…”

 

I gulped my saliva slowly. “Yes…?”

 

“Will you be…” he took a deep breath.

 

Wait! He wants me to confess to me? Ahhh I’m not ready yet!

 

I was still looking into his eyes while he tried to find courage to speak to me. “Will you be my partner for the final year prom party?” he invited, making my heart beat stopped pumping.

 

“P-Partner?” I was stuttering in anxiety. Being Hyungwon’s partner will always be one of my dreams. I didn’t know why but my heart was uneasy and my lips were sealed like it didn’t let me talk or speak out any word from my mouth. I glanced at him who was still waiting for my answer. I cleared my throat before looking up at him nervously. “Hyungwon… I…” my voice was stuck.

 

Hyungwon waited in curiosity.

 

I let out my breath slowly. “I think you should ask this to Seunghee.” I finally said make him silent for a while in speechless perhaps.

 

“But why?” he questioned in blank.

 

“You know, it will be sad for Seunghee if she goes alone to the party and I have my own partner. I don’t want to be selfish. If Seunghee is happy, then I will definitely be happy. She deserves to be happy in her final year and so do us.” I told him as he slowly curved a smile. “Why are you smiling like that?”

 

In a second, he wrapped me in his arms as I can smell his perfume scents that I used to smell lately since we kept doing skinship lately. “Because I’m glad I have such a good friend like you.” he said, making me reply with a hug by wrapping my arms around his waist.

 

“Are you proud of me?” I asked while looking up to him.

 

He nodded happily before both of us tightened our hug. I’m sorry, Hyungwon. I really like you but after what has happened, I will just let fate do us.