Sixteen

MR DISORDER

I sat at the stairs in front of the mall while massaging my forehead in frustration. Not because of the loss of Chanyeol but I was mad at myself for being careless. I heaved a deep breath before starting to think what kind of places that I should go to find Chanyeol? If I report to the police, I have to bring Aunt Mijoo along since I was still a student. And if Aunt Mijoo knew about this, what about me? She will kill me! I closed my eyes tightly in tense. “Where did you go, Park Chanyeol?” I said between my breath.

 

A poked on my shoulder made me spin around quickly. Thought it was Chanyeol but ended up it was only the security guard who was helping me just now. “Is this your brother?” he showed his phone as I rounded my eyes.

 

From his side profile, I can tell you that was him! “Yes, that is my brother! Did you find him?” I asked in a rush and panic made the security guard ahjussi called another guard through his walkie talkie and talked about something which was unclear to me.

 

He faced me instantly. “Your brother at the police station nearby. An old woman brought him there.” told him as I was relieved since he was safe now.

 

I stood up before immediately walking to the police station that they mentioned just now. Soon as I arrived, I ran in while my eyes roamed around the station but there was no sign of Chanyeol. “Miss, may I help you?” asked a policeman who was at the front there.

 

“Yes, I would like to fetch my brother.” I answered however, my eyes were still looking around.

 

The police seemed bothered by my action as he knocked the table to get my attention. “Are you Park Chanyeol’s sister?” he asked

 

I changed my sight to him promptly. “Yes, I am.” I lied.

 

“May I get your full information?” he asked, making me freeze. If he knew that we were not siblings, he would not let me take him.

 

“Please, sir. Where is he? Let me see him first.” I begged as he nodded in agreement.

 

I was relieved before he turned around, signalling someone behind him. The person accepted the sign as he went into a room beside him and in a few seconds, he brought out someone tall beside him. I studied the tall person before I palmed my chest in gladness. “Park Chanyeol!” I called.

 

Chanyeol who was his head down, instantly looked up at me. “Noona!” he was surprised before he ran to me. In a second, I wrapped him in my arms as Chanyeol cried on my shoulder. “Noona, I’m scared~” he cried with tears flowing on his cheeks speedily.

 

I pushed him lightly while checking him, thinking that he got hurt or injured. I cupped his wet face before slowly wiped his tears. “Are you okay? I’m sorry, Chanyeol ah. I am really sorry.” I said as he sobbed louder.

 

“I’m scared~” he wept before I hugged him again. I patted his back gently, tried to calm him down since everyone was looking at us in confusion. Well, he looked older than me but he called me ‘noona’. Of course, it sounded weird but I needed to slow him down before we got back home. As Chanyeol got a bit calmer, I settled everything with the police while Chanyeol kept closer to me while still sniveled softly.

 

We got back home by taxi because of the time. Once we entered the house, I brought Chanyeol straight to his room as he still kept quiet since just now. I removed his thick jacket while I asked him to change his clothes to pajamas.

 

I waited outside, waiting for him to change before I came in again once he was done. He sat down on the bed, looking so tired. I squatted in front of him. “Chanyeol?” I called to make him look at me slowly.

 

His eyes were red and so did his nose due to crying. His puffy eyes looked weak and made me feel guilty towards him. “Are you okay?” I asked.

 

He nodded, even his face was not matched with his answer.

 

I slowly pulled him to my arms again before caressing his back tenderly. “I’m sorry, okay.” I apologized while leaning on his shoulder. I can feel his body shaking make me hold him tightly.

 

“Why are you not coming?” he asked as I faced him.

 

I wiped his tears. “I…” My words seem lost because it was all my fault. If I was not focused on Hyungwon, I would not lose him like this. “I-I was there but you were not there.” I told him.

 

He gazed with his rounded teary eyes. “Really? The ahjussi forced me to go out.” he explained and I believed that must be the fierce security guard that pushed me out too just now.

 

I smiled before I took a dinosaur which I found under the bed. “The ahjussi is so bad. Later, noona scolded him okay.” I convinced him and handed him the dinosaur toy to him. “You have to be strong like dinosaurs so that the ahjussi will not force you anymore.” I persuaded him to make Chanyeol nod in understanding. He eyed the dinosaur again before slowly carved a smile on his lips.

 

“Cahh… now let’s sleep.” I said as slowly pushed Chanyeol to laid down on the bed in comfort. I covered him a thick blanket before he put the dinosaur toy beside him.

 

“Noona.” he called as it made me stop from moving. “Can you stay here until I sleep?” he asked as I landed my bum on the bed beside him.

 

I nodded before automatically patting him like I put a baby to sleep. He tugged with his fingers at the end of my jacket as I just let him do that to me even though it was quite strange to me. His heavy eyes slowly blinked and after several patted, he fell asleep with tugging on my shirt. I wanted to remove his hand quietly but if I continue to do that, he will move and end up, wake up.

 

A heavy breath out of my mouth exhaustly. I was yawning while looking at the clock which was already 2 in the morning. I lied down my heavy head on the pillow that Chanyeol was using to sleep now. I moved his head aside a bit, leaving a space for my head. At the end, I fell asleep beside him.

 

The morning came as I heard someone talking beside me, making me open my eyes sleepily. I looked around and it seemed like it was an unfamiliar place to me this morning. “Oh noona, you wake up?” an ordinary voice greets me.

 

I looked aside while Chanyeol was playing with his toys. “What am I doing here?” I asked but my torso was still lying down on his bed.

 

He shrugged his shoulders in gullibility.

 

I sighed before sitting straight and stretched my body in tiredness. I felt like my body was just shot from bullets. I faced Chanyeol and remembered what had happened last night. I stood up, reminded about my school. “Chanyeol ah, wash your face and brush your teeth. Let’s breakfast.” I told him as he nodded instantly. I walked out from his room before my eyes fell on Aunt Mijoo’s room. The house was quite silent because there was no cooking sound from Aunt Mijoo as usual.

 

I went to my room before getting my bath and ready in uniform for school. What a hectic weekend. I walked out of my room and moved right away to Chanyeol’s room. “Chanyeol ah, lets-” I was surprised he was no longer in the room. Wait! Is he lost again?

 

But then I heard the voices of people laughing make me step to the living room to see Chanyeol with Aunt Mijoo there. I let out a relieved breath before going to them. “Oh Hanseol ah~” Aunt Mijoo smiled as I hugged her.

 

“How was training?” I asked.

 

She leaned back in tiredness. “Of course it was tiring. I should stay there until afternoon but I just remembered that you have school today so I asked permission to come home a bit early.” she told me. “So how were you guys at home? Everything was okay?” she questioned.

 

I gulped in nervousness. Should I tell her or not? “It was…” I bit my lower lips while Aunt Mijoo was waiting for my answer.

 

“Noona and I went to the shopping mall together.” Chanyeol butted in to make Aunt Mijoo change her gazed to Chanyeol who was sitting beside him.

 

I looked away. If he tells everything, you should be ready, Hanseol. Serve your right, Gong Hanseol. “Noona brought me to the toy store and we met hyung.” he said as Aunt Mijoo was now facing me. Probably wanted to know about the ‘hyung’ that Chanyeol mentioned just now.

 

“Who is that guy?” she asked.

 

I looked at Aunt Mijoo. “Ohh that… My friend. Remember, Chae Hyungwon. My friend from my school before this.” I explained as she nodded.

 

“Ohh I know him. The one that is always with you and Seunghee. That handsome boy, right?” She described it perfectly and I would like to give my aunt thumbs up for complimenting him. I nodded shyly and made Aunt Mijoo smile. “Then, what did you guys do more? Only went to the shopping mall?” She kept on asking, making me uncomfortable. Of course I was nervous.

 

Chanyeol nodded. “I met ahjumma and he bought me a lollipop at the police station.” he said without hesitation as I was speechless. I’m dead.

 

“Police station? Ahjumma?”

 

I my dry lips. “Oh that ahjumma!” I suddenly said make Aunt Mijoo face me. “That ahjumma gave Chanyeol lollipop near the police station there. Do you know there is a candy stall near the police station?” I lied and made up a story in which there was not even a stall that existed there!

 

Aunt Mijoo furrowed her forehead, tried to think of something. Before something suspicious attacked her mind, I stood up quickly. “I’m going to school.” I said as I ran out from the house. I heard Aunt Mijoo was calling after me for breakfast but it would make me fall into a harder situation so I just went away to school. I felt like a terrorist now, running away from refugees.

 

Once I arrived at school, I caught some air before I wiped my sweat on the forehead. Someone pushed me lightly and made me look up in surprise. I scrutinised their faces before looking around awkwardly. “I think you got the wrong people.” I said before I walked into the school.

 

But then, they stopped me again as I froze with those girls who surrounded me. Is this bully scene or what? I haven’t gotten into this before. “Are you Gong Hanseol?” one of them asked me as I shook my head immediately.

 

They looked at each other. “My name is…” I my lips, ready to lie. “Heeseung. Park Heeseung.” I lied and that was the fastest name that I can think of. I overturned Seunghee’s name and added Chanyeol’s family’s name. Creative right? They stepped away slowly before I came closer to them. “Why?” I asked. Thank God that I didn’t wear my name tag yet because I was running just now so I used to keep it in my pocket and wore it in class.

 

As I was closer, they ran away, making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion. “How did they know me?” I asked myself before carefully entering the school building.