Fifteen

MR DISORDER

“Hyungwon…”

 

He came closer and made my legs shake in anxiety. Hyungwon smiled, and seemed like he was happy to meet me here but then, it faded once his eyes fell on the tall guy beside me, Park Chanyeol. I realized his sight turned to Chanyeol as I released his hand quickly. “I’m sorry. I don’t know that you have a companion here.” Hyungwon apologized.

 

As he was about to walk away, I grabbed his arm to make him stop from moving. I looked at him nervously before clearing my throat. “H-He… is not my companion.” I lied even though I knew it was the worst action that I had ever done in my whole life.

 

Hyungwon faced me. “Really? Then, how can…” he asked, still curious about Chanyeol.

 

Think, Hanseol. Think! “He… is my aunt’s friend!” I answered randomly. “He needs my aunt’s help to show the way to the mall but Aunt Mijoo can’t make it so I did for her.” I butted in with some irrelevant stories that I just made not even a second.

 

“Oh really? Nice to meet you, sir.” Hyungwon bowed politely as he showed his hand for a handshake.

 

Chanyeol who knew nothing, stared at his hand before looking at me in confusion. I gritted my teeth nervously as I elbowed him. He was blanked, slowly bowed awkwardly and made Hyungwon stared at him in puzzled. I quickly took Chanyeol’s hand and made him shake Hyungwon’s hand if that can reduce his suspicion towards us. “Sorry, he is Japanese.” I lied again before faked a giggle.

 

I breathed slowly as I looked at Hyungwon. “Do you have to go anywhere?” I asked, broke the uncomfortable between us.

 

“I just arrived here so maybe, walk around the mall. You?” he asked me back, making me smile shyly.

 

“Me too. I just want to look around.” I replied with a warm smile.

 

Hyungwon nodded in understanding before he faced Chanyeol who was sipping his juice in gullible. I realized his eyes quickly looked at Chanyeol. “Erm sir, I think we have arrived here so you can have a look around here.” I said make Chanyeol eyed me dumbfounded. I sighed since he was still eight years old, and he couldn’t understand whatever we were talking.

 

“Do you need any help, Hanseol?” Hyungwon kindly asked before I declined his offer.

 

“It’s okay. Erm… Hyungwon, can you wait here?” I asked him as he nodded his head.

 

I took Chanyeol’s hand before pulling him quite far from Hyungwon where he can’t even see us. I faced him meanwhile Chanyeol finished the drinks in blank. Then, I saw the toy store that we went to just now as I dragged him there. Chanyeol who was dazed now, enlightened once he saw the toys in front of him. I saw a bench in the store before I brought him there and pushed him to sit down. “Park Chanyeol, listen to me.” I said.

 

Chanyeol blinked his eyes many times while eyeing me.

 

I cupped his face and made his cheeks boosted out like balloons. “You want to play with the toy, right?” I asked as he nodded. “If you want, you should stay here and don’t ever go anywhere, understand?”

 

He nodded in agreement. “Where do you want to go? Who is that Hyung?” asked him and Hyung, he must have referred to Hyungwon.

 

“He is my friend. Noona and Hyung have something to do so you stay here okay? Noona will come to pick you up here, understand?” I reminded him a few times so he won’t forget it.

 

Chanyeol nodded as he started to walk around the store, looking at the toys in the store. I took a deep breath before going out of the store. I’m sorry, Chanyeol. I will come later. I will! As I walked to the place where we stopped just now, Hyungwon was lost. I roamed my eyes around and there was no shadow of Hyungwon. Did he leave already?

 

All of a sudden, my vision turned darker as I felt the warm palm plastered on my eyes make me smile. “Hyungwon…?” I wondered even if I knew it was him.

 

Hyungwon snickered softly before he removed his hands away. “You guessed it correctly.” he said happily. “Oh by the way, where is the man? I mean the one that is with you.” he looked around, sought for Chanyeol.

 

I bit my lips in nervousness. “I… sent him to the store that he wanted to go.” I lied but the fact was there too so not considered as lying.

 

He nodded before facing me. “So, do you want to be my companion now?” he asked and I just realized he was wearing an outfit which showed his ‘boyfriend materials’ sides. A navy blue sweatshirt with long coat and black pants, simple but hot! I nodded as we walked together and what the thing that played in my mind. I had an urge to hold his hand!

 

We were walking while talking about school and he told me his interest in becoming a performer made me adore him a lot. A few minutes later, I stopped by a store with a lot of beautiful dresses in there. “Woahh…” I gawked in amaze.

 

“Hanseol…” Hyungwon called as I realized that I let him walk alone. “I thought I lost you.” he said in worry.

 

I giggled. “I’m not a kid.” I pouted my lips as he caressed my hair gently.

 

Unexpectedly, Hyungwon’s warm hand softly held mine. He squeezed my hand in his hand before smiling charmly to me. “Now, I won’t lose you anymore, Hanseol.” he told me as he pulled me closer to him. My heart fell out of its position because of too many sweets that Hyungwon gaves to me. I was lost in breath whenever I looked at our hands that perfectly laced together. Now, we really look like a couple!

 

I was just dreaming of walking with Hyungwon and now it has become true! We were walking around while chit chatting over our childhood memories. I hope the time stops so I can stare at him all night long. After we made a few stops, we decided to walk home together. “Thank you, Hanseol, for accompanying me.” he thanked me with his most adorable voice.

 

“You too. At least, I am not going back home alone.” I smiled in embarrassment but since the night was cold, my red cheeks did not appear because it was warm in Hyungwon’s hand!

 

He giggled. “Cahh… See you at school tomorrow.” he said before slowly released my hand. Oh noo….

 

I kept smiling as I waved to him. “Bye, Hyungwon.” I uttered.

 

Hyungwon waved back. “Thank you for everything!” he shouted from a distance, and I could only cover my face in blush.

 

I entered the house with a smile carved on my lips. Now, I can have a sweet dream! I walked into the house and it seemed like it was silence, not as usual. “Where is everyone?” I asked myself before I looked around the house. But then, I was stepping onto something that made me grieved in pain. “Auch!” I looked down on my toes which hurt my feet.

 

“Dinosaur?”

 

I thought for a while.

 

Wait?

 

I rounded my eyes as I shouted in shock. “NOOOOO!!!” I screamed before I looked around the house, probably he will come home but stupid girl like me can’t think straight in this kind of situation. I ran out and since there was no bus at this time so I stopped a taxi which was just passing in front of me. I rode it until I reached the mall.

 

“Oh nooo….” my heart stopped from pounding when I saw the mall was dark and empty. The mall had closed! Sweat started to wet my forehead as I tried to gasp for air. How can I forget about Chanyeol? I scrubbed my face, mad at myself for being careless.

 

“Can I help you, miss?”

 

I looked up as a guard perhaps he was working here, came closer to me. I faced him in panic. “Did you see a boy-” I shook my head. “No, a man with a height around 180 cm, curly black hair and he wears…” I closed my eyes, rewinded my memory. “He wears a black sweatshirt.” I described everything.

 

The security guard was thinking for a few seconds. “I think I haven't seen someone like that.”

 

“WHAT?!” I shouted in surprise, making the guard flinched. I palmed my forehead before I hit it a few times. “Why am I so careless?” I scolded myself as I walked to and fro, thinking of Chanyeol. I stopped from moving as I got to that security guard again. “Ahjussi, can you help me?” I questioned in fright, making him nod in agreement.

 

“What is it, miss?”

 

“ Can you let me into the mall? My… My brother is waiting for me at the toys store.” I told him.

 

He frowned his forehead in confusion. “We had emptied the mall. There will be no one in the mall.” he said make me more shaky.

 

“No! He must be in there. I asked him to stay there no matter what. Please, ahjussi. Just let me in!” I begged as my tears started to produce.

 

He glared at me. “Who are you? Thief?”

 

I heaved a breath before gripping his arm. “Please, ahjussi. My brother is in there. I need to bring him home. Please, ahjussi. Please!” I pleaded as it made him even more confused. He took his walkie talkie on his hip as he talked to someone over the thing.

 

“Ya, can I unlock the mall for awhile? There is a girl who lost her brother here.” he said it before ending the conversation. “Come, I will bring you in.” he agreed before he unlocked the entrance mall door. I ran into the mall and the security guard chased after me. I looked around and since it was dark, I took out my phone and on the flash light.

 

“Park Chanyeol! Where are you?” I screamed but no answer.

 

I kept on running until I reached the toys store that I left him. It was fenced. I looked through the small holes on the fence but all I could see was nothing! “Park Chanyeol, are you in there?” I asked before shaking the fence as the guard grabbed my arm. I reluctantly pushed him away as I shook the fence roughly. The guard forcibly dragged me out of the mall before pushing me away.

 

“I told you there is no one in there. Now, go back to your house, student.” he evicted me away.

 

“But-”

 

The security guards showed his steel rod on his back to make me stop. I sat down without notice I was crying, reminded how hasty and forgetful I was. How could I have left him alone?


 

“Where are you, Park Chanyeol….”