5. Feelings

Boomerang's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho glanced at his tray of lunch to make sure he wasn't going to make a mess before looking back at his math book. He wanted to kick himself. His math test in fourth period was going to be worth half the semesters grade. If he ed up and got another low grade it was going to mean he was benched until he got it back up to a C.

"Your brain looks like it's going to explode." Yunho bit his lip. Not now.

"Hey Jessica I really need to focus." The wispy thin popular dance team captain sat down at the table as if she hadn't heard him.

"I know. I just want to help. I'm awesome at math you know." Yunho rolled his eyes at his textbook. The first year she paid to do her homework was awesome at math.

"I'm sort of beyond help right now, but thanks anyway." He threw a pencil in his book and shut it. He needed to find some place without pushy girls who can't take a hint. Leaving the cafeteria, he made his way towards the library. The TV between the cafeteria and the library was running video footage from last nights game. Effectively distracted, he stopped to watch.

One of the clips was of Yunho getting side swiped and have the ball taken from under his foot by JaeJoong. The score flashed and then a picture of the other team came up. JaeJoong stood in the center, chest out and arms behind his back. Yunho smiled thinking he looked like a handsome army general.

"I'm an idiot." He kept walking trying to focus on his math test and not on the other teams unlawfully attractive captain. Finding a table near the back, he poured over equations and formulas that looked like another language.

He was screwed.

....

"It's like you never showed up to class. I didn't know grades could be that low." Junsu whistled and handed the math test back to Yunho as if it were poison.

"Thanks! That makes me feel so much better." Yunho remarked sarcastically. The 34 percent glared back at him. He couldn't practice or play until he got his grade back up. Junsu patted him on the back.

"I'm sorry. But you'll get it together. I wish I could help, but I barely got a 70." Yunho nodded and sighed.

"It's fine. You need to go to practice. I'm going to the gym since I can practice with you guys." He shoved the test into his backpack and slammed his locker. His plan was to get a good workout at the gym and go home and study until his mom came home. He took the side streets a little faster than needed to get to the neighborhood gym, feeling tense. By the time he was parked he was ready to burst. It really hadn't been a good week.

He grabbed his gym bag and headed in. The front desk lady smiled at him as he walked by. She worked there more than anyone else and she knew Yunho as regular visitor during off season and whenever he couldn't practice with his team. In the locker room he changed into basketball shorts and baggy shirt. When he came back out, he scoped out the machines. It was pretty empty, but the leg press he liked to use was being occupied by someone else. He shrugged and decided to start with arms and back.

He picked a pull-up bar and stood under it as he stretched out his arms. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed someone step under the other pull-up bar next to him. They jumped up and gripped the bar without stretching. Yunho looked up and nearly choked on his spit. Kim JaeJoong was doing military style pull-ups, his legs crossed at the ankles. He effortlessly pulled himself up, his arms flexing under the effort. His arms! They were on full display in his tight black tank top.

"Dude, say something or stop staring." JaeJoong's voice was gruff. He jumped down and looked at Yunho. His eyes widened in shock. "Oh. Hi Yunho." Yunho's face was so hot.

"Uh-Hi. I'm sorry for staring. I must have just zoned out. I just...it's been a weird day and I'm being weird because of it." He threw up his hands, drowning fast in his own word vomit. "I mean I'm not weird every time I have a weird day cause that would just be...weird." , what was he saying? JaeJoong laughed, covering his mouth with his hand.

"Don't worry. I completely understand." He rocked back on his heals. "What is weird is that we're running into each other again so soon." Yunho nodded, his workout forgotten. He just wanted to talk to JaeJoong for as long as possible.

"Yeah, it is kind of strange. I've never seen you here." JaeJoong shrugged and touched his mouth, which for the first time Yunho noticed was bruised. And so was his hand, and his jaw.

"I usually workout at home, but I needed to get out. Your team not practicing today?" Yunho's eyes were still glued to all the various bruises. JaeJoong reached up and touched his face to cover the obvious ones. Yunho cleared his throat.

"No, we do, but I'm not allowed to cause I ed up my math test. I'm benched until I get my grade back up." JaeJoong bit his lip and Yunho instantly thought about what it would be like to bite it for him.

"Do you need a tutor?" Yunho was taking aback by the question and JaeJoong clearly was too because once again he wore that deer in the headlights look.

"I can use all the help I can get. Do you know someone?" JaeJoong smiled and Yunho was fully convinced that he had seen nothing prettier.

"Me. If you wanna make sure I'm not a fraud I can show you my report card. I've never had anything less than 100% in math." Yunho whistled.

"In that case I can't imagine anyone else better for the job." JaeJoong smiled and looked down at the ground like he was suddenly too shy to look at Yunho. Yunho wanted to reach out and tilt his head back up so that he was smiling at him again. He silently scolded himself for the thought.

"Cool. When do you want to start?" Yunho looked at the clock on the wall that read 6:30.

"Well if you're fine with ending your workout now and have some time, we can tonight." Yunho already said it to his workout when JaeJoong started talking to him.

"I'm done anyway. Let me go change and get my stuff. Be right back." He watched as JaeJoong jogged back towards the locker rooms. Yunho suddenly felt like things were going to start looking up. He went back into the locker room and got his things as well. He spotted JaeJoong on the other end of the locker room pulling his shirt off. Yunho's breath caught in his throat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter