4. You

Boomerang's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10 Years Later

Yunho bounced his knee impatiently as he watched his coach talk to the referee. Another bogus call was made, hitting Yunho with his second yellow card of the night. He was currently benched until it was decided whether or not the call was fair.

"I didn't even touch him. !" Junsu leaned back on the bench, just as angry. He had been saddled with a red card at the start of the game for tripping a player by accident. He, along side Yunho, were two of their teams best players. It was clear that ref knew that and was barely even trying to hide his bias for the other team.

A few moments later, his coach returned to the bench and patted Yunho on the shoulder.

"Get back in there, but be careful; that is watching you." Yunho nodded and ran out on to the field to replace one of their mid level players. The opposite team was good, but their crutch was definitely the referee. Offside, the ball was kicked to Yunho and he began a fast dribble down the soccer field. A player from the opposing team tried to block him, but Yunho faked a left and kicked the ball behind him on right before making his way around.

The crowed was loud and pulsing in his ears, making him feel a rush that only came when he was out on the field. It washed over him and made him forget about all of the exams, the choices about what colleges to go to, and the girls he worked hard to avoid.

A clear path up the field was in sight. He made eye contact with one of his teammates and passed it to him as he weaved around players trying to get in his way. Finally, when a angle shot on the goalie's weak side got big enough, he was ready.

"I'm open!" The ball flew back to him and he was ready to kick when the ball was suddenly gone. He looked up and found the other teams player making a fast switch back down to the other end of the field. Number 33, Kim. Yunho turned and made his way back down the field, in hot pursuit. His team members were there, blocking the other teams players the best they could but they were fast and defending number 33 with impressive agility.

Yunho was within arms reach when 33 stopped like a suddenly braking car and made a shot directly between the raised arms of the goalie. As if he had stopped with too much force, he fell to the ground, taking Yunho, who was too close behind him, down with him. The ball made a clean swish at the back of the goal and the crowed roared while the home team booed. The game was over, 2 to 1. Yunho pushed the other player off of him in anger. 33 rolled over, laughing. The bangs of his light brown hair were pulled up with a hair tie to keep it off his forehead. He made eye contact with Yunho and immediately stopped laughing. Yunho scowled.

"What!" Number 33 pushed himself up and then reached down, offering to help Yunho stand up.

"I threw on the breaks really hard. Didn't mean to take you with me." Jaw clenched, Yunho took his hand and got to his feet.

"Yeah, well that's how you win the game, so it's whatever." He knew he was probably being a sore loser, but the time he spent on the bench could have been critical to at least tying the game and it really pissed him off. "That referee must be ing one of your coaches or something." 33 raised his eyebrows.

"Huh. That didn't occur to me. But come to think of it, your coach was probably ing the ref from our game last week too; the one where you guys won 3 to 2." The look in his eyes felt like a knife. "Don't act like a prick just because you lost. It's very unattractive." With that, the other player turned and headed for the line up to end the game with handshakes. 33 took his spot at the front of his teams line, signaling his status as captain. Yunho, feeling like jerk of the year, took the same spot on his team. Embarrassed, he shook hands with the other captain.

"Good game." The opposing teams captain grunted and barely looked at Yunho. Later in the locker room, Yunho pulled his sweat soaked jersey off and tossed it on the floor. Junsu came up to him and bumped his shoulder with his.

"You really almost had it. That kid is ing fast." Yunho shrugged, still replaying the conversation in his head. He couldn't get why he couldn't just let it go. It wasn’t like he hadn't lost a game before. But for some reason, it really stung when it came down to him being the reason. Especially because he was the captain.

"Yeah he is." Yunho was about to slip off his shorts when something occurred to him. "Hey, did we really play them last week?" Junsu kicked off his cleats and let out a long groan of satisfaction.

"Yep. Kim wasn't playing though. He was benched with a shoulder injury." Yunho tried to remember the game and everyone who was on the other teams bench. Really thinking about it, he kind of remembered someone that looked like Kim sitting in warm-up gear.

"Ah, okay. That was a good game too. We barely pulled it off. " Junsu nodded as he grabbed his shower stuff.

"It was an excellent game. Kim is a ing boss captain." He smirked at Yunho. "Well, not as boss as you, cap." Yunho rolled his eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter