9: The Disappearance

one plus one equals three
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The
Disappearance

Baekhyun scoffed at the contract. 
"No." he said sternly and slid the contract back towards Sera. 
"Oh? Why not?" she asked despite knowing very well there was no way Baekhyun could refuse this. 
"I already have a job and no aspiration to become a model. I left that dream behind years ago," Baekhyun answered. 
He narrowed his eyes at Sera to try and pierce through the thick cloud of smoke she had put up to hide her bad intentions but she didn't reveal a thing. 
Her facial expressions stayed the same: a neutral smile and naive eyes, as if there wasn't a fishy smell in the air. 

"Your loss. Of course, it's up to you, but I doubt that the public will accept your denial," she said with a sly smirk and showed her phone screen. 

'CEO of PCY Ent. Park Chanyeol's husband Byun Baekhyun revealed to have been a model! Model Agency of Supermodel Choi Sera have scouted?'

'Byun Baekhyun's old modelling blog discovered! Revealing photos cause uproar in both the male and female community!'

"Y-You.. What did you do?" He stammered breathlessly, suddenly growing more nervous by the second. 
He didn't like this at all. He didn't like it even one bit.
He discontinued it for a reason. 
It gave him displeasant memories, things he wanted to forget more than anything. 

Not only was the blog stressful, depressing and tiring to keep up with, it made him a center of attention during his studies. 
The things he did - God, Baekhyun wishes he could turn back the time. 
He's surprised he hadn't caught any diseases from how many times he had with both the guys and girls from his classes. 

The small amount of internet fame and popularity during high school got to his head. 
He started drinking, smoking, partying and other things he shouldn't have been doing when he was 17. 
If it wasn't for Jongdae who saved him from that, Baekhyun wouldn't even be here. 

Because if Jongdae wasn't there to walk him home from a party, Baekhyun would've drunk too much. 
Baekhyun would've gotten into an accident one way or another, and he'd never forget how badly Jongdae scolded him. 
Jongdae helped Baekhyun get back on his feet from that mess, and Baekhyun would be forever grateful for that. 

Maybe Jongdae wasn't a great boyfriend, but he was a great friend to Baekhyun. 

"I didn't do anything. This is my agency's work. All I did was show them your blog, they did the rest," Sera said nonchalantly, as if she didn't predict this havoc would happen. 
"So, will you sign or not?" she said, letting down the fake act of naiveness. 
Baekhyun sighed before taking out his notepad and wrote down his phone number. 
"Call me later this evening if you're serious about this because I'll have to discuss it with my husband," Baekhyun said, purposely stressing the word 'husband' and took enjoyment in the sour grimace on Sera's face before walking away. 

Chanyeol was not going to like this, he thought to himself when he pressed the button of the regular employee elevator.

 

"Mr. Park, I have something to discuss with you. It's rather importa-" Baekhyun stopped mid-sentence once he walked into the office only to find out Chanyeol wasn't there. 
"Mr. Park?" he called out and looked around the office but his boss really wasn't in the office. 
He his heel and walked towards Junmyeon's office and knocked on the door. 
"Come in," he opened the door once he heard the affirmative. 

"Baekhyun? What brings you here?" Junmyeon asked with a surprised smile. 
"Have you seen Mr. Park? He's not in his office," Baekhyun asked and watched Junmyeon raise his eyebrow. 
"He's not there?" he repeated and Baekhyun shook his head. 
"That's weird. He normally tells me if he's leaving when we get coffee together. Is he really not in his office?" Junmyeon asked once more and Baekhyun shook his hea d again.

Junmyeon pressed the numbers on the phone placed on his desk, holding the receiver against his ear only to nearly slam it back into its original no less than fifteen seconds later. 
"He's not picking up. Check his schedule, does he have anything planned for now?" Junmyeon asked and Baekhyun hastily pulled out phone.

He scrolled through the agenda on his phone but to no alas.
"Nothing. He has nothing until 1 P.M.; a meeting with President Choi from Choi & Lee Inc." Baekhyun said. 

"It's 11.30 right now. Let's just hope he walks into his office before twelve. I suggest you go home and check there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter