6: The Reunion

one plus one equals three
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The
Reunion

"I can walk!" Baekhyun claimed once they had paid the bill and left but kept on stumbling with every two steps. 
Chanyeol was tipsy but had a high tolerance for alcohol and grabbed Baekhyun by his upperarm. 
"Just hold onto me," he said in a cold voice and dragged a wasted Baekhyun through the centre of Seoul towards the parking lot where their driver was waiting. 
"Mr. Park~~" Baekhyun suddenly sang and clang onto Chanyeol. "Mr. Park~~ You have a meeting at 4~" he slurred and giggled. 
"Mr. Park~~ Here is the report you asked for~" he continued and tore himself away from Chanyeol's hold. 
"God, so annoying..." he said to himself and leaned against the most nearby wall. 
"It's so tiring... So tiring..." he mumbled and closed his eyes. 

Chanyeol sighed in annoyance and reached over to pull Baekhyun up but he pulled his hand away from his grasp.
"Come on, we have to go home," Chanyeol said, starting to lose his patience with Baekhyun. 
"You're so tiring to deal with, Mr. Park," Baekhyun simply said and kept sitting.
"Baekhyun, I really don't want to do this right now. Just get up already," he felt as if he was dragging Jihae along when she was having another tantrum. 
"Ah, stop it already. Tiring my brain all the damn time by doing stuff I don't understand," Baekhyun laughed. 
"Mr. Park, can we make things clear once and for all? Our relationship is fake. It's faker than fake. It's not real. So don't kiss me like that, don't hold me like that, don't even look at me like that. It tires my head," Baekhyun said and stood up on himself and started walking ahead to the parking lot. 

Things couldn't have made less sense for Chanyeol.
 

"Welcome home, Mr. Park."
Baekhyun had fallen asleep in the car, leaving Chanyeol no choice but to carry him into the house. 
"God, why do you always do this when you drink.." he muttered to himself while walking up the stairs. 
He put Baekhyun down on the king size bed and watched him slur nonsense words tiredly. 
As Chanyeol took off Baekhyun's shoes (this time without struggle, thankfully), he realized the male was singing. 

"It's okay if he doesn't know about my feelings forever
I just want him to exist where I can see him," he sang softly, almost incoherent. 
Chanyeol paused to listen to the gentle and angelic voice coming from Baekhyun. 
"With the attractive eyes, gesture, and the way he talk as always
That's enough for me," he continued with a sad voice. 
"You confuse me so much.. Mr. Park.." Baekhyun muttered and suddenly fell quiet, the singing replaced with soft breathing. 

Chanyeol sighed again. He had fallen asleep after suddenly saying such things. 
 

Baekhyun woke up with a massive headache, two aspirins and a glass of water on the nightstand next to him and Chanyeol asleep next to him
He held his breath as he observed how handsome Chanyeol was when he slept. 
"Some media exposure is always good news, isn't it?"
He shook his head when he remembered the words of the man and carefully got out of the bed. 
It was fake. He shouldn't be developing feelings for his boss when nothing was real anyway. 

He took the two aspirins, grimacing at the distasteful flavour before taking another sip of water to get rid of the taste. 

He saw his phone screen lit up and picked it up from the nightstand, pulling out the charger he assumed Chanyeol had plugged in for him. 
'You have (2) missed calls from: Unknown Number'
Unlocking the phone, Baekhyun already had a feeling he knew who one of the numbers belonged to.
He played one of the voicemail messages left behind.

"Hey, Baekhyun. 
It's me, Jongdae, but I guess you figured so far. 
Look, I'm sorry for lashing out on you like that earlier. I just- I guess I still feel something for you."

The voicemail message ended and Baekhyun pressed play on the one that was entered later.

"When I heard you were married, I just.. I panicked, okay? I suddenly realized that I was really losing you.
Or well, I already lost you.. God I sound stupid. 
Can we.. Talk or something? 
I miss you. I hope you'll call me back but I won't blame you if you won't."

He sighed. Why couldn't Jongdae tell him these things earlier? 

Should he call him back? He bit on his lower lip as he looked at the number on his screen. 

The phone rang. 

"Baekhyun?"

"Hi, it's me. Are you free today?"

 

Chanyeol woke up without Baekhyun next to him, but the two aspirins were gone. And so was his phone. 
"Baekhyun?" he called out as he looked for the man throughout the hallway. 
"Ms. Kim, have you seen Baekhyun anywhere?" he asked one of the servants that was collecting laundry from the rooms. 
"Ah, I think he told Mrs. Lee he was headed out for the day. I'm not sure, you'll have to ask Mr. Yang and Mr. Han, they were guarding the door this morning,"
she said politely and Chanyeol thanked her for her help. 

"Mr. Byun said he was going somewhere, but he didn't say where. He said he'd be home before six, that's all. He didn't want to say where he was going, only that he was headed to the city for a bit," Mr. Han said and Chanyeol groaned in frustration. 

What was going on with Baekhyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter