20: Into the new world

one plus one equals three
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Into the new world

Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo with a blank stare. "Excuse me? What did you just say?" he asked, thinking he must've misheard such a bold request. "Hand over your company to me. Or I might just buy KIM Entertainment instead, fire their rising star, ruin his career and turn the nation against him. It's your choice," Kyungsoo said. 

None of the options were right ones. There was almost zero benefit from either of them. He couldn't just sell his company to the person who just said he wanted to see it burn to the ground with his own eyes, but he couldn't put Baekhyun's career at risk either. Whatever he chose, innocent people would end up getting harmed in the end. 

"You have to be insane if you think I'll sell my company to someone like you after you've said you wanted to have it destroyed. You can have PCY Enterprises over my dead body," Chanyeol said. Kyungsoo let out a bitter laugh and stood up from his chair. 

"I'd watch your words, Mr. Park. Before you know it, I'll have your request arranged."

"Is that a threat?" 

"Consider it a promise," Kyungsoo said with cold eyes. He meant every word he said and attempted to intimidate Chanyeol, but Park Chanyeol wasn't the type to get intimidated easily by someone like him.

"So, what will your decision be? Sell your company, or ruin your little boyfriend's career?" 

Kyungsoo crossed his arms and glared at Chanyeol with a cold expression on his face. He could care less about what happened to Baekhyun, he just wanted to see Chanyeol suffer for a bit. 

"Or, I could just offer Baekhyun a better contract deal, instead. Have him work under me, maybe turn him into an idol and turn him crazy famous, who knows?" Kyungsoo said. Chanyeol gritted his teeth in rage. He couldn't sell his company, but he couldn't let Kyungsoo ruin hundreds of lives by buying KIM Entertainment. 

"Could you spare me a moment?" Chanyeol said and stepped out onto the hallway, dialing Baekhyun's phone number. 

"Chanyeol? How'd it go? Did everything work out?" Baekhyun said. Chanyeol could hear he had cried before picking up. "Not exactly. I- I don't- Okay, listen carefully. Kyungsoo wants PCY Enterprises if he can't have KIM Entertainment-"

"What? That's ridiculous! You can't do tha-" "I won't, I'm not insane. But the only other option where both companies remain fine is if you get signed under SM Entertainment instead. He wants you to work under his company," Chanyeol explained. 

The line went silent for a moment until a trembling sigh filled the silence. "But my friends will be fine, right? And so will PCY Enterprises?" he asked softly. "You don't have to do this Baekhyun-" "No. I have to. I have nothing to lose, but you do. And so do my friends. Tell him I'll do it, as long as he doesn't touch you or KIM Entertainment ever again. Call me back as soon as you can," Baekhyun said with determination before hanging up. 

There was something about Baekhyun that made him different from everyone else. It wasn't his looks or work ethic. It was his personality. He was caring, ambitious and determined to protect the people around him whenever he could. 

Chanyeol sighed and shook his head. He'd much rather throw his company away instead, but it's what Baekhyun wanted. 

He pushed open the doors and stepped back inside the office and watched Kyungsoo turn around in his chair to face him with a devilish grin on his face. 

"He said he'll do it," Chanyeol said. 

"Great! Have him sent to my office by tomorrow-"

"But, he has his conditions," Chanyeol added and Kyungsoo groaned in frustration. 

"You people and your conditions - Fine, what is it?" he snapped. 

"Stay away from KIM Entertainment and anyone affiliated with PCY En

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter