14: Trial & Error

one plus one equals three
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Trial &
Error

Baekhyun woke up that Saturday morning with a sore pelvis. 
He opened his eyes with difficulty only to see what he had done the night before. 
He was , but he wasn't the only one. 

He turned to his side and saw that he had been snuggling against Chanyeol's chest, and once he connected the image to his sore behind, the memories flooded back.

He had slept with Chanyeol.

No, that's not the right way to say it. 
 

"I had with Chanyeol," is what he told Tiffany when he reached work on Monday. "Uh, yeah, you're married?" she said and looked at Baekhyun as if he was stupid. 
Right. He hadn't told her because he wasn't supposed to. But he knew Tiffany. And so did Chanyeol. Tiffany is far from a blabber mouth, he trusted her with his life. 

"Look at your phone," he said when he texted her the truth. Her eyes went wide with shock once she read it and almost screamed if it wasn't for Baekhyun clasping his hand over . "Shut up! You can't tell anyone this, okay? Promise me that you won't," he pleaded and she nodded and 'zipped' shut. 
"I'll delete the message right now. There, now tell me everything!" she said after deleting the message from their chat history. 

And so Baekhyun went on talking about how he had gotten drunk on their first dinner together and fell asleep on his shoulder, about how he had gotten so drunk during playing never have I ever and kissed Chanyeol for the first time, and even about that morning where he gave Chanyeol a nose bleed. "I already thought I saw some dried up blood underneath his nose. Anyway, do you have actual feelings for Mr. Park?" she asked and Baekhyun shrugged before nodding. 

"I'm pretty sure I do. I don't know. I've been really confused for the past month but I think I'm certain now," he said. "But..?" "But what if things get really, really awkward?" he adds and Tiffany scoffed in response. "If you two are able to sleep on the same day as the one where you gave him a nosebleed because he was holding you in his sleep, I really doubt things are going to get awkward, Baekhyun," she laid out for him. "Anyway, so, , good?" she said, trying to pry out every little detail there was. "I'm not going to say anything other than that I woke up with a sore and could barely walk," he answered and walked off with a smirk and a wink. 

"Byun Baekhyun!" she shouted at him while laughing. 

"I knew he was a bottom," she mumbled to herself and returned to work. 

 

"Good morning, Mr. Park," Baekhyun hummed when he entered their office just like he did every morning, but to his surprise his boss wasn't there today. 
"Mr. Park?" he called out and decided to start on work after the absence of an answer. "He'll be back in a few minutes," Baekhyun told himself while opening his laptop. 

And he did return quickly. 

But not in a way that Baekhyun would've imagined. 

He opened the door in a fit of rage and slammed it shut with such a great amount of force that it sent the photographs listed on the wall down to the floor, breaking the glass. "Chanyeol?!" Baekhyun called out in surprise and immediately got up to calm him down but was forcefully pushed away. 
"Don't... Don't get near me right now.." he said through gritted teeth. Baekhyun watched Chanyeol's eyes water from rage and eventhough he felt scared, he couldn't find it within himself to back away. "Chanyeol-" "Don't." But he couldn't stay away. He couldn't turn away from the man he secretly loved when he was going through something difficult. 

"No."

"What?"

"I can't just watch you be angry and not do anything about it, Chanyeol.." Chanyeol's hands balled up into fists and his knuckles turned white. "If I tell you to not get near me, you really shouldn't, assistant Byun," he responded coldly without even bothering to look at Baekhyun. "Why? Am I not allowed to worry over you? Am I not allowed to be concerned when you walk into your office first thing in the morning looking like.. Looking like this?!" Baekhyun shouted angrily while fighting back tears of frustration. He didn't understand. What had happened to him and why did Chanyeol refuse to tell him? 

Chanyeol finally turned around to look at Baekhyun though he quietly wished he hadn't. He felt a pang in his heart when he saw the hurt in Baekhyun's face as a result of his words. "Get back to work," was all he said before leaving again, not telling Baekhyun where he was even going. 

He really didn't understand. Things were going so well. 

To think Baekhyun was considering to tell Chanyeol how he felt that day. 

"Why is he so cold to me again.." Baekhyun mumbled and quickly blinked away the tears that were forming in his eyes. Whatever. He couldn't care any less about him right now. His interview with W KOREA would be in two hours and there was no way he'd allow himself to go there looking like someone who had cried his eyes out over something this petty. 

No way in hell. 

 

"Is Do Kyungsoo here?" Chanyeol asked the receptionist when he entered a building that had turned estranged to him. "Mr. Do is in a meeting right no-"
"Chanyeol?" he heard a voice call out. He turned around to see the man he hadn't seen in years suddenly stand behind him. "What are you doing here? I didn't expect to see you here-" "You broke into my office. My files, please," he cut off sternly, trying to not show his emotions to the traitor he was looking at right now.

"Excuse me?" "Don't think I don't know, Do Kyungsoo. After all that I've done for you, you break into my company and steal my business files? I should ask for you to give me my money back for betraying me like this," Chanyeol said coldly, staring at Kyungsoo with the hopes that the man would clarify everything. That he didn't steal them. 
"That's quite the accusation there, Park Chanyeol. Especially one to make in my company," he retorted. 
"Leave and don't come back. If this is how you act after we haven't spoken in three years, I really don't think we should see each other in the future again."

Chanyeol slammed his hand against the steering wheel when it all got back to him. He let it get to him. He got so angry he did in fact leave and never got what he came

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter