12: Prosperity

one plus one equals three
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prosperity

Almost a month has passed - more specifically three weeks, and Baekhyun's magazine issue has been released. 
"Baekhyun! Good work!" Tiffany greeted him that one morning, holding up the cover of the magazine. 
He smiled bashfully and thanked her for supporting him and hurried towards the elevator. 
He felt all the eyes on him the moment he stepped into and out of his car, and he honestly did not know how to act. 

His small following of a few hundred thousands had now grown into millions. 
The magazine is so popular that you don't need to buy it to know who's on the cover, you'll see it everywhere. 
Every. Where. 

Bus stops, subway advertisements - hell, sometimes even billboards. They're everywhere. 
Baekhyun never thought he had seen himself plastered throughout Seoul this often. 

"Congrats on your covershoot, Mr. Byun!"

"Nice work on the cover!"

"I'll buy a copy after work!"

"YOUNG Magazine's new cover boy has made his debut!"

Baekhyun had already gotten used to the second looks people gave because of his status in and outside of the company, but this was on a whole different level. 
At first the looks were not because of him, but because of Chanyeol. But now, everyone was looking for him. 
He was the coverboy of YOUNG Magazine. 
YOUNG Magazine! 
The attention he got was impossible to describe. But it wasn't overwhelming, it was euphoric. 
He felt content with his choice.

The girl who handed him his coffee recognized him and looked at him and the bus stop photo next to the shop before turning bright red. 
"Oh my God! Can I have your signature?" she asked him with an ecstatic smile before realizing she didn't have a note pad on her. 
All she had was a cup and a marker. 
"Oh! Of course!" Baekhyun said with an equally happy smile of surprise before putting down his signature on the paper coffee cup. 
"Thank you! Good work on the covershoot! E-Enjoy your coffee!" she stuttered and waved him off. 


"-sold out? There's really none left?" Baekhyun heard Junmyeon say over the phone when he exited the elevator to his workplace. 
"Woah, that's amazing. Too bad you couldn't get a copy, Sehun. You'll have to stick with the digital release-" Junmyeon pulled the phone away from his ear and Baekhyun stiffled a chuckle when he heard the shouting from the other side. 
"Okay, okay, I'll try my best to find a physical copy! Are you staying for dinner? Alright, I'll see you at six then," Junmyeon said with a smile before hanging up. 
"Whipped," Baekhyun said from behind Junmyeon. 

"Jesus Christ! Don't scare me like that," Junmyeon almost shouted with his hand over his heart. 
"Haha, sorry, I couldn't help but eavesdrop. What was that about anyway? Sehun sounded very passionate," Baekhyun said and Junmyeon sighed heavily. 
"He went to the book store during his short break to buy a copy of this month's issue of YOUNG Magazine and found out it's all sold out. He was really looking forward to telling everyone he's co-workers with the coverboy while holding the magazine in his own hands," Junmyeon explained and Baekhyun's jaw dropped. 
"It's sold.. Out? Really?" he repeated and watched Junmyeon nod. 
Sold out...?
"You're trending on twitter and naver as well, people are really loving you already. Good work!" Junmyeon said and patted his shoulder before walking off. 

Sold out? 

Chanyeol was in a meeting when he set foot in their office, leaving him alone for the next forty five minutes. 
"Trending on twitter..?" he mumbled to himself and opened his laptop, typing in the url and logging into his abandoned account. 
"Trending in Korea," he clicked while adjusting the trending settings and he saw it immediately.

#BYUNBAEKHYUN
#YOUNGxYSL
BAEKHYUN
YOUNGxBAEKHYUN

"Oh my God.. What in the ever loving God.." he whispered and clicked on the first tag. 45.7k people were tweeting about it. 
'#BYUNBAEKHYUN is so handsome that I found myself buying that atrocious 250,000 KRW YSL sweater because he looked so good in it..'
'The new #YOUNGxYSL issue with #BYUNBAEKHYUN is so beautiful, glad they decided to drop Choi Sera for once. Got tired of seeing her all the time.'
'Hopefully we'll get a shoot with #BYUNBAEKHYUN and his family soon~~ Park Chanyeol's looks are no joke either~'

He was experiencing way more internet fame than he was used to. 
Yeah he saw his name mentioned here and there on twitter or tumblr and a picture of him being used as someone's display picture, but this was on a completely different level. 
He was pulled out of his trance by his vibrating phone on his desk. 

"Hello?" he picked up, not recognizing the number. "Baekhyun! Good work on the cover! You're trending online too~" It was Sera, unfortunately. But she did sound genuinely happy. 
"Oh, Sera! Thank you, I saw it, too," he thanked and looked out of the large window behind him. From this high up he could easily see the KIM Ent. building portraying his pictures on the big screen. "Mr. Kang was really happy with the photos too. How is your trainingship going?" 
He didn't like to admit it, but Sera was actually kind of nice when she wasn't trying to be a homewrecker. "It's going alright, though I am the shortest out of all of them.." he said with a small pout and could hear Sera chuckle from the other side of the line.
"Your height is actually not that important. They care more about proportions than height. You're handsome and your body is proportional. Plus, shorter models get more attention than the tall ones because they're so rare. I have to go now. Oh, by the way, you'll be getting contacted with your manager today. She's really kind and works a lot with the newer models. Good luck!" click. 

Baekhyun had forgotten that he was going to have a manager too to keep track of his upcoming schedules. It was starting to feel extremely realistic now. He was practically a celebrity already.
He sat down in his desk chair and let out a long sigh. He hadn't seen Chanyeol all morning yet and in all honesty, he felt a little lonely in the big empty office. 
He pushed himself out of the chair and decided to wander around the office, waiting for the time to pass by and for the meeting to end. 

He put his hands in his pockets and watched over the busy city of Seoul. Tourists, business people, traffic jams, shopping districs, you could see them easily from this high in the sky. He reminisced about his teeny-tiny Hongdae apartment and how he sat in there working an office job not thinking even once he'd reach this point. 

Oh, how proud he was of himself of never letting go. 

"Are you enjoying the view?" he suddenly heard Chanyeol say from behind him. He turned around with an embarassed smile on his face. "I saw the pictures on my way to work. It's a nice sight to see my husband all over the city of Seoul," Chanyeol said while making his way towards Baekhyun with a devious smirk. 

"I saw you trending on naver as well, talking about how lucky I am to be married to you," Chanyeol said and leaned against his desk, looking at Baekhyun through his hooded eyelids. "I- I saw it, too," Baekhyun stuttered and averted his gaze away from Chanyeol and faced the window again. Chanyeol stood up and stood behind him, staring into Baekhyun's eyes through their reflection in the window. 

"You really are beautiful, I can't describe it in words. Your eyes that light up every time, your cheeks tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter