23: Reunited and it feels so.. Good?

one plus one equals three
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Reunited and it feels so.. Good?

"Good morning," Baekhyun said when Jongdae entered the kitchen and handed him a cup of coffee with cream and sugar. "Mornin'. I expected you to be out of the door already," he said and pressed a soft kiss against Baekhyun's cheek. "I got a few days off. My debut preparation is going to start soon and they want me to be well rested," he said and sat down at the kitchen table. He should be happy, off the charts happy. But it didn't feel like they were dating and he knew it wasn't Jongdae's fault. Deep down, he knew really well he could never love someone the same way again. He can't even remember if he loved Jongdae before, but he didn't feel like this. It honestly just felt like he had moved in with his best friend. But he wanted to make things work. He had to move on. He'd learn how to fall in love again if that's what it would take. 

"Aha, so I get to spend loads of time with my favorite person in the world," Jongdae said with a heartwarming smile. "Mhm, but I wanted to go visit Tiffany at work first. I haven't talked with her in a while and I was planning to grab some coffee with her, is that okay?" Baekhyun asked. Jongdae used to be quite controlling when they first dated, always asking where he was going and with who. But instead of giving him permission, he laughed. "Why would you ask for permission? Of course that's okay, you two are the closest pair of friends!" he said and finished his coffee. "Thanks, could you come pick me up after? I'll be going to the company in a few so you can come pick me up after an hour or so," Baekhyun said. Jongdae nodded and stood up from his chair, putting the mug in the sink. "I'm going to take a quick shower, join me if you'd like," he said with a flirty wink before leaving the room. Baekhyun had let out a breath he didn't even realize he was holding. 

Flirty. That's one word to describe Jongdae, definitely. 

 

==============================

 

He entered the building with a heavy heart. He hadn't been here in quite a while and he was a bit nervous about meeting Chanyeol. He hadn't meant to tell him he had gotten back together with Jongdae but it had already been said. "Oh my God! Baekhyun!" Tiffany immediately squealed and ran over to him to give him a tight hug. "So nice to see you again! Aren't you crazy busy? What brings you here?" she asked with a big smile on her face. "I got a few days off and thought 'Hey, why not visit my favorite girl in the world?'" he replied and hugged her back. "I have some great news to tell you!" Tiffany said when she pulled back from the hug. 

"Great timing! Jessica! Jessica over here!" she said once she saw her exit the elevator. Baekhyun turned around to look and saw a young woman walk over to them he recognized from one of the pictures Tiffany had shown her. "This is my girlfriend, Jessica!" Tiffany announced excitedly. "Jessica, this is my best friend, Baekhyun," the two shook hands. "I remember you. Tiffany showed resumes of the appliants for the job and you really caught her eye," he said and Tiffany sneakily poked him in his side but that wouldn't stop him.

"Really?" Jessica said and he nodded. "She was impressed by your academic skills and especially your looks-" his sentence was interrupted by Tiffany clasping her hand over his mouth to keep him from saying anything else. "Don't listen to him, he doesn't know what he's talking about," she said to hide her embarrassment. "I would be surprised but it does sound like something you'd say," Jessica teased and Tiffany let go of Baekhyun. "It does not!" she protested. "It does," Baekhyun and Jessica retorted in unison. "Fine, you win, Baekhyun," she sulked. She quickly ran back to her desk when she noticed someone had walked in who clearly wasn't an employee judging from the way he was dressed. 

He wasn't necessarily dressed casual, but it wasn't something you'd wear to work. He was wearing a white button up with dark blue denim jeans and an expensive watch on his wrist. His style was casual chic and his aura radiated the exact same energy. Changing from her playful personality to her formal work facade, she greeted the man. "Welcome to PCY Enteprises, how may I help you?" she said with a polite smile. Jessica and Baekhyun tried their best to hold back their laughs observing at how big the contrast was between her two different personalities. It was as if a new soul had stepped into her body. 

"Can I speak to CEO Park Chanyeol? It'll only be for a moment," he said. Tiffany tried to hide her confusion but noticed that that had failed judging from the way her girlfriend and best friend were stiffling their laughs with every ounce it took because she had raised an eyebrow at him. "Mr. Park is a busy man, you'll have to schedule an appointment with him, sir," she said calmly. "I figured, but it'll only be for a few minutes, I promise," he said. He seemed distraught and nervous. You could tell he had never been here before and the way he talked didn't sound like he was even from here. "Jessica, come here for a second," she said and motioned for the girl to help her out. 

"Could you go upstairs and ask Mr. Park if he has a moment to spare for this young man?" she said. To him, it probably sounded polite and calm. But in reality what she meant was: Go to Mr. Park and make sure this man leaves immediately. Jessica nodded and walked in the direction of the elevators to make her way back to the 17th floor. 

"Is it an important occasion that you wish to speak to him on such short notice?" Tiffany asked in an attempt to keep him busy. "I wouldn't really call it that. It'll really only take a few moments, I swear," he said. He sounded as if he was in a hurry, as if he had to leave any minute and needed to discuss something of importance with Chanyeol.The phone on Tiffany's desk rang and she picked it up, not breaking eye contact with the impatient man. 

"Mr. Park wants to know who is there to see him," Jessica had said into the phone. "Right, that makes sense. Sir, would you mind telling me who you are?" she asked the man. "Kris Wu," he replied. "Sir, Kris Wu is here to see you," she could hear Jessica say followed with his chair getting pushed back. "He just left his office and he's going downstairs right now- Sir, hold on! I'll see you in a moment," Jessica said in a hurry and ended the call. Annoyed, Tiffany put the horn back in its place and put on a fake, polite smile and said between gritted teeth:

"He'll be here shortly. Please

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter