3: The Press Conference

one plus one equals three
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Press
Conference

The press conference was utter chaos. 
There were dozens of media outlets, photographers and reporters in the conference room. 
"Is it true that Mr. Park is dating his assistant?"

"Who is Mr. Park's assistant? How did they meet?"

"Is the rumoured daughter really Mr. Park's daughter?"

Chanyeol sighed when he saw the chaos, the flashing lights and the demand for answers by nothing but gossip magazines. 
"You can still say 'no', do you really want to do this, Baekhyun?" he looked Baekhyun in the eyes. 
Those dark brown eyes that lit up every moment of the day and looked like the galaxy had been trapped in them. 
"Yes. It'll be okay. I'll be okay. Don't worry, Mr. Park."
Baekhyun took a nervous breath as he peeked at the large crowd. It was unbelievable that all of this happened because of one 'date' they had together. 
"Alright. I'll go first and then it's your turn. Are you wearing the ring?" 
Baekhyun held up his left hand and pointed at the golden ring on his ring finger. Both rings had a tiny diamond placed on top of them and a diamond slit running through the ring. 
"Good luck, Mr. Park," 
"Good luck to you too, Mr. Byun,"

"Good evening everyone and thank you for attending. My name is Park Chanyeol, CEO of PCY Enterprises and I am here to discuss a controversy that has been sparked earlier this week due to a rumor of me and my head-assistant having a romantic relationship. There are even rumors that I have an illegitimate daughter,"
Chanyeol started off, wonderbaringly ignoring the flashing lights of the camera and speaking with a loud, clear and confident voice. 
"These rumors have gotten to the point where I had no other choice but to address them, and thus I will."

Baekhyun walked up onto the stage, legs shaking from the nerves. 
He remembered Chanyeol's words. 
"Just imagine that it's me talking to you and no one else."
"The rumor that my personal assistant and I are dating, is false."

He paused and looked at Baekhyun who nodded to reassure him he'd do this. 
Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's hand and held it up for the public to see. 
"We are not dating. We are married."

Immediately reporters went wild on the sudden reveal.

"When did you two meet?"

"Is that why he was hired as your assistant?"

"When did you get married?"

"Is the girl really your daughter?"

Chanyeol simply held up his hand to silence everyone. 
"The rumor that that young girl is my daughter, is true," Chanyeol admitted.
Baekhyun could see how hard it was for Chanyeol to say this to the public, fearing that his poor Jihae would be stormed with cameras and reporters every day from now on. 
"We adopted her three years ago and have loved her ever since. That is all that will be said on this matter. I'll give the word to my assistant and husband now,"
Chanyeol squeezed Baekhyun's hand lightly and gave him a gentle kiss on the cheek. 
"You'll do great," he whispered into his ear and Baekhyun flushed bright red as he imagined that playful smirk of Chanyeol. 

"H-Hello.." he started off shyly. 

"What's your name?"

"How old are you?"

He looked over his shoulder at Chanyeol who gave him a thumbs up of encouragement, boosting the little confidence he had.
"My name is Byun Baekhyun, head-assistant and husband of CEO Park Chanyeol at PCY Enterprises."
"I am twenty six years old and a graduate from Yonsei university, and I have a master's degree in Business and economics."
"We have been married for 2 years now and I'm really glad to announce that everything is going smoothly and we're both very happy."
"I was not offered this job because I'm his husband. I applied just as everyone else and was chosen fairly as well," he said.
The conference went smoothly afterwards, of course there were some unanswered questions because they were either too personal or just plain inappropriate. 

Baekhyun had excused himself to go to the bathroom before they left, just to catch his breath for a moment. 
He brought his finger tips to the cheek Chanyeol had kissed half an hour earlier and held it there in disbelief. 
It was all fake, he knew that. 
But why did it feel so real to him? 
He shook his head quickly at the thought.
He didn't like Chanyeol. 
That'd be insane.
 

Once in the car, Baekhyun couldn't get himself to look at his 'husband' and stared blankly out of the window instead. 
He began to realize how much he was leaving behind. 
His apartment, his privacy, his normal life.. It made him nervous. 
And eventhough he knew he signed up for it, he couldn't help but worry. 
Would he be a good father figure towards Jihae? Would he be a proper 'husband' for Chanyeol? 
Hell, would the media even believe them? 
Would he be respected at work or would he be shunned? 
He hadn't even worked there for a week yet it's already been revealed he's the CEO's husband. 
Actually, he'd probably get so much respect and different treatment that he'd get sick of it. 

"Are you worried about something?" Chanyeol had asked, as if he could read Baekhyun's anxious thoughts. 
"Hm?" Baekhyun turned to face him at last, swallowing when he realized how close he was actually sitting. 
"I asked if something was worrying you," Chanyeol repeated and Baekhyun nervously laughed and shook his head. 
"No, no, just.. Thinking.. About.. Stuff.." He lied and avoided eye contact, hoping he wouldn't notice. 
"I hope you won't feel uncomfortable because of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter