27: Love

one plus one equals three
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love

Baekhyun had wanted to go to Chanyeol the day after, but there was simply no time. It was filled with promotional activities for his album, and if that wasn't the case he'd be at the photoshoot studio again. It's okay, tomorrow might be less busy, was what he told himself time after time when he just couldn't find an opening to see him.

It's been months since his debut and yet he's still this busy. 

It was the harsh reality that made him hurt Chanyeol that had finally showed up. 

He didn't have time to love. 

He would have to make him wait because there simply was no time to escape and meet him. 

"Sooyoung," he said in the van when they were on the way to his next schedule. "Hm? What's up?" she asked from the wheel. "You know that list of people that shouldn't contact me?" he asked. "What about it?" she responded almost absent-mindedly, her eyes fixated on the road. "Could you take Chanyeol off that list?" he said. 

It went quiet for a while. 

"Okay." 

He sat back into his seat and stared off into the distance while Sooyoung drove the car through the city. 

The lights of the cars in front of him blended in with the lights of the city and gave him a hypnotizing view to admire from his seat. 

He just stared out of the window, thinking of what he's supposed to say to Chanyeol if they were to meet again. Should he apologize? He caused Chanyeol to develop mental problems by hurting him to his core and blaming him for something neither of them could control. But even then, Chanyeol said it wasn't his fault. That it was all in his head. 

No consolation or reassurance could convince Baekhyun that he wasn't at fault,

because he knew that he was. 

"Baekhyun," she called out after a long pause. He turned his head towards her. He looked at her eyes in the rear mirror and noticed that her brows were furrowed together, almost as if she was frustrated. 

"Do you want to see him again?" she asked him. He felt nervous, for some reason. There was no need to, Sooyoung knew the whole story. But having someone ask him that question made him nervous. 

He cleared his throat. "Yeah. I heard he hasn't been doing well," he responded awkwardly. 

Sooyoung gave a short simple nod and gave no further response, basically telling Baekhyun: 

 

"No chance."

 

Jessica watched her boss walk into the office with surprised eyes. "Good morning, Mr. Park. You look happier than normal, did something nice happen?" she asked him. He hadn't noticed he was smiling and brought his hand to his face before chuckling lightly and nodding. He took his phone out of his pocket and showed Jessica a video of Jihae performing a song at her school. 

"She's adorable, sir," Jessica said and surpressed a squeal when Jihae began smiling broadly and giggling on the stage. "I know, right?" Chanyeol responded. He was about to put his phone away when he saw a message come in. His eyes widened in shock and he quickly sat behind his desk to read it properly. 

"Is something wrong?" his assistant asked with worry. "Ah, no. I was waiting for a message from someone," he hurriedly answered without looking up. 

'How're you feeling? I feel like talking with you :)'

Was this reality? He checked the contact name saved again. And again. And then three more times. Was Baekhyun really texting him? It didn't feel real at all, it felt like a dream. "Ms. Jung, am I awake?" he asked her. "Pardon?" she stood up from her desk and decided to check out what was going on, but he had turned his phone off. "Nothing, nevermind. I- Let's go back to work," he said and put his phone in his drawer and nearly slammed it shut. 

Jessica walked back and worried something was wrong, but all worry had escaped her mind when she saw her boss smiling to himself like an idiot. 

Someone very important must've texted him, and she had a feeling she already knew who it was. 

"Actually, I have to go to a meeting with the sales department to discuss their monthly report. I'll go out for coffee during my break with Tiffany, would you like some as well, sir?" she asked and hid her grin. She didn't have a meeting at all, she just wanted to give her boss some alone time to be happy. 

"Ah, no, thank you, Ms. Jung. Good luck at your meeting," he said and watched her leave the office. 

Click! The door had shut and his drawer flew open and he immediately took out his phone. 

 

'I'm alright. And you?'

 

His fingers tapped on his desk impatiently while he waited for a response. Come on, anything is fine. 

The familiar tone sounded and his screen lit up with the notification. 

 

'Same over here! I have some free time to talk on the phone, can I call you?'

 

Without thinking for even a second, Chanyeol had already dialed Baekhyun's number instead, which was answered almost instantly. 

He held his breath while waiting for him to say something, but it seemed Baekhyun had the same idea. 

"Hi," they said at the same time, shy and with their heart beating against their chests.

What in the world were they supposed to say to eachother after such a long time of having not seen eachother? 

"I've seen your message, but I'm sure you noticed because I responded. Sorry, that's stupid- Ah, well, uhm..." Baekhyun sounded nervous, extremely nervous. His voice was almost trembling and he was stuttering and stumbling over his words. 

Chanyeol remained quiet and just enjoyed listening to Baekhyun's voice. It was over the phone, but it was better than listening to him shout and cry out of anger. "I know you said that it's not my fault th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter