8: Disruption

one plus one equals three
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Disruption

Baekhyun felt guilty for letting Chanyeol down, but deep down he knew he had no choice. 
Baekhyun knew what getting hurt felt like, and he couldn't let it happen to him again. 
He knows all of it is for media press and Chanyeol knows that as well, so why? 
Why would Chanyeol develop feelings for Baekhyun? 

He shook his head. 
Baekhyun was just as guilty. 
Of course he has developed feelings for the taller as well, but he knows it couldn't become reality. 
One day they'll have to seperate and everything they had would be gone. 
Baekhyun couldn't let himself get hurt again, he simply couldn't.
But maybe this was just as bad, because now he had to watch Chanyeol look at him with hurt and sorrow.

His eyes that were always filled with happiness looked empty and Baekhyun knew it was because of him.

"Schedule a meeting with COO Kim for 3 P.M.," Chanyeol said when he walked into the office later that week, further not saying a word. 
Maybe Baekhyun was too harsh on him? 
"Mr. Park.." Baekhyun said hesitantly once he had put the meeting into Chanyeol's schedule. 

He got up from his chair and walked towards Chanyeol who was sorting files. 
"Would it be okay if we discussed... Personal businesses for a moment?" he suggested and watched Chanyeol sigh and put down a folder. 
"What would you like to discuss, Assistant Byun?" Baekhyun had trouble adjusting to the tone and sudden formality in Chanyeol's voice. 
He preferred the soft endearment when Chanyeol said his first name a lot more than the cold and monotone 'Assistant Byun'. 

"I'd like to apologize to you."
"For what?" Chanyeol said with an almost unheard scoff. 
"For hurting your feelings-" Chanyeol's chuckle interrupted Baekhyun almost immediately. 
"You must be mistaken. I'm not hurt. I'm simply respecting your decision to keep our relationship on a business level," Chanyeol said, leaning against the cupboard. 
"Be honest with me, Mr. Park," Baekhyun almost whispered. 

"I'm not hurt. I'm being accepting to the new situation," Chanyeol said back, pushing himself off of the cupboard and sitting down at his desk. 
"I got your apartment back, by the way. I assumed you'd much rather live there from now on instead." Baekhyun's mouth fell agape at the sudden reveal. 
"Excuse me? Sir, I appreciate the gesture but that was absolutely unnecess-" Baekhyun was cut off by his mobile phone ringing in his pocket. 

"Yes?" 
"Baekhyun, I'm going to need you to come to the lobby for a moment. We have an.. Issue," It was Tiffany, the receptionist who had called Baekhyun. 
"Alright. I'll be there in a few minutes," he said and hung up. 

"I have to go to the lobby. We'll discuss this matter later because I do not agree with what you've done, Mr. Park," Baekhyun said before walking out of the office, feeling stress build up on him. 
 

"I said bring me to Chanyeol!" Baekhyun heard a high pitched female voice shout the moment the elevator doors opened. 
"Ms. Choi, we really can't-" Tiffany tried but whoever the woman was immediately began to curse and complain to the man besides her. 

"What's going on here?" Baekhyun said once he reached the lobby. 
"Finally! Can you bring me to Chanye- Hey! You're that boy he married!" she suddenly said and took a large step towards Baekhyun, eyeing him up and down closely. 
"You're handsome, I'll give you that. I feel like I've seen you before, though.." she continued. 
"May I ask who you are, madam?" Baekhyun said, obviously startled by the sudden examination. 

"Tch, I guess my disguise works too well," she took off a pair of dark tinted sunglasses and lowered her face mask even further. 

"Choi Sera?!" Tiffany and Baekhyun called out in unison. 
"Yes, yes, I know, big deal. I'll give you my autograph if you'd like later. Where is Chanyeol? You're his assistant so you should know if he's free, right?"
she said impatiently. 
"I'm sorry, Ms. Choi. The CEO Floor is only for authorized personnel. You'll have to schedule a personal meeting with Mr. Park," Tiffany answered for him. 
"I didn't ask you, dimwit. I asked the assistant over here," Sera snarled at Tiffany before turning back to Baekhyun. 

"But if I have to schedule a personal meeting, then I will. When is he free?" she asked and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter