11: The Contract

one plus one equals three
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The 
Contract

Baekhyun watched the numbers on the elevator screen go up with nervousness in every inch of his body. 
To his left was Mr. Jung and behind them were Choi Sera and CEO Kim Doyoung of KIM Entertainment. 
Compared to them, he was worth nothing. 
Yes, he was Park Chanyeol's husband, but in reality he was worth nothing. 
Just a simple man in a complex world who would have his life determined for him if his signature ends up on that paper.

"Feel free to take your time while reviewing it, this time we made sure everything was in it," Mr. Kim said with mild irritation in his voice. 
He tried his best not to glare at Jaehyun, but his facade was incomparable to Jaehyuns. 
He couldn't believe Chanyeol had the nerve to bring in an attorney for a simple contract, but he couldn't say that out loud. 
One ill intended word about Park Chanyeol and your company is done for, it's that simple. 

"It looks fine to me. Shall we go over the conditions once more?" Jaehyun proposed and Mr. Kim smirked. 
"Of course. Like I mentioned yesterday: It's a contract duration of 1.5 years. Your hours will be fitted with your already busy work schedule and you will be paid a fixed amount of 38.500$ per month, holiday pay not included. A request for contract termination is not possible until the 1.5 years are nearing their end and discussion of contract extension will be held. In the case that you do, we as KIM Entertainment will sue you for breach of contract. The work you will perform varies, but it will mainly be photoshoots for various brands and walking fashion events. Travelling costs will be covered by the company and your training will be covered by us as well," Mr. Kim explained and clicked the pen and slid the contract towards Baekhyun. 

"Sign at the bottom if you agree to our conditions and terms," he said. 

Baekhyun picked the pen up with a trembling hand and read the final lines through carefully, and then read them again. And then again. 

He took in a deep sigh and let the pen slide over the paper. There, his signature was placed. 

All was left was to write his name underneath it. 

Byun. Baek. Hyun. 

"We'll make it an enjoyable 1.5 years, Mr. Byun. Welcome to KIM Entertainment," Sera said with a smirk as if she hadn't just made one of Baekhyun's biggest nightmares into his reality. 

 

Baekhyun walked to the elevator to return to his desk with the feeling of carrying a block of cement on both his ankles. 
He felt caged already. 
He pressed the button and took in a deep breath in the hopes of calming his heavy heart down. 

He stepped into the elevator, pressing the familiar button while pleading in his head that he made the right choice. 
He was begging God to have remorse on him, and to at least make this mistake worthwhile. 

The numbers went up, just like they did every day. 
It was a familiar sight that Baekhyun had grown accustomed to by now. 

He glanced at his left ring finger and touched the gold ring with his right thumb, going over the ring band before touching the small diamond on top. 
He is married to Park Chanyeol. 

He is Park Chanyeol's husban-

"Baekhyun! How did it go?" the elevator doors had opened without Baekhyun even realizing and he was standing face to face with Junmyeon. "How did it go? Your contract meeting?" Junmyeon repeated. "O-Oh! It went well! I signed with them for 18 months," he quickly said and Junmyeon patted his shoulder. 
"Sehun will be estatic to see you on magazine covers!" Junmyeon chuckled before swapping places with Baekhyun. "Good luck!" Junmyeon said before the doors closed and left Baekhyun alone on the hallway of the seventeeth floor. 

It was so quiet in this part of the building. It was dimly lit and there were only two - maybe three? - offices. 
Baekhyun took in the acoustic sound of his shoes hitting the marble tiles while walking towards the heavy doors of the CEO office. 

It felt like he had just started working here all over again, all of a sudden. 
He felt nervous to see Chanyeol. 

He knocked. 

"Come on in!" he heard Chanyeol's gentle voice call out and he pushed open the door. 

"Good news! Jihae is coming home tonight!"

Baekhyun let out a sigh of relief. He made the right choice, right? 

"That's great! I can't wait to see her again," he said with a smile but he knew that Chanyeol saw through it. 
"Did it not go well? What's wrong?" he asked and Baekhyun shrugged before sitting down at his desk. 
"I signed.. And I know I made the right choice.. But I feel so, so scared," Baekhyun breathed out, not knowing his hand has started trembling. 
"What if I make a mistake? What if I go to a company party one night, and everything comes back to me, and history repeats itself," he rambled, his vision going blurry and his heart beating faster. His breaths got shorter and quicker and he felt sweat trickle down his spine.

"What if I end up in the gutter? What if I'm not a good parent to Jihae? Oh my God what if I ruin the company..." he kept on mumbling and his hand made its way to his hair, almost ripping out the hairs as panic had taken over his entire body. "I'm going to ruin the company with my image if I mess up... I'm definitely going to mess up, oh God what have I done?" he whispered to himself and started trembling so badly he couldn't even feel Chanyeol's hand on his body in an attempt to calm him down. 

"Baekhyun. I need you to calm down," he said sternly and lifted Baekhyun's face to meet his eyes. "Look at me. Only at me. There's nothing else here, only you and I, okay? Focus here," he said and Baekhyun nodded. His lungs were gasping for air and his heart was begging for a break but his raging anxiety wouldn't let him give them what they needed. "It will be okay. I will always be with you if there is alcohol involved. I won't let you end up in the gutter. I'll make sure that if there is alcohol near you that you have to be under supervision, is that okay with you?" he said in a calm and gentle tone. Baekhyun managed to nod once more and felt his heart rate slow down little by litt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter