1: The Job Interview

one plus one equals three
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The
Job Interview

"Seventeenth floor.. Large door at the end of the hallway.." Baekhyun repeated the words of the receptionist to himself as he pressed the '17' button of the elevator.
It was the last button there was, meaning it was the highest floor; The CEO's office's floor. 
He swallowed nervously once the ding sounded and the doors opened. This was it. 
The hallway was eerily quiet, there were three or four seperate offices for the most important people here, and then there was the CEO's office.

"Seventeenth floor.. Large door at the end of the hallway.." he whispered to himself once he arrived at the dark oakwood doors. 
There was a golden nameplate on it. 
'CEO PARK CHANYEOL' it said. Baekhyun would be lying if the engraved letters didn't send a chill down his spine. 
He took a deep breath in and knocked on the door, hoping his gentle and shy knock could be heard.
"Come on in," a deep voice called out and Baekhyun pushed open the heavy door. 

"Good morning, take a seat," there were two men sitting at the desk in front of Baekhyun.
One had dark brown hair that was gelled back and the other had black hair that was styled into a comma.
The one with dark brown hair was wearing a light blue shirt with a black tie, sleeves cuffed.
His style was formal yet casual and his face was handsome yet soft at the same time. 
He had a gentle and innocent vibe surrounding him but also serious. 

The one with the black comma hair was dressed similary, but somehow differently.
He was wearing a white shirt with a dark blue tie, his blazer hanging over his chair. 
His style was so similar yet felt so different; It felt a lot more serious.
Baekhyun knew immediately that he had to be the CEO and instantly grew more nervous. 

"So, Byun Baekhyun, tell us about yourself," the man with the dark brown hair said. 
Baekhyun discreetly took a deep breath in and began talking. 
"I am 26 years old, I graduated from Yonsei University with a master's degree in Business and Economics, I'm from Bucheon but I live on my own in Hongdae."
They discussed his past work experiences and his motivation and why he wants the job. 
It was going smoothly and as expected until the supposed CEO suddenly asked a question Baekhyun didn't see coming. 

"Have you been in an active romantic relationship in the past year?"
The question caught not only Baekhyun but the man with the brown hair off guard as well. 

What does that have to do with being a personal assistant?

"N-No, sir, I haven't. My last boyfriend and I seperated almost two years ago," Baekhyun admitted honestly yet still confused.
"Have you ever considered marriage?" the CEO asked and Baekhyun was beginning to feel uneasy. What kind of job interview was this? 
"Uh, not really.. We weren't together for that long and we were both young-" 
"Do you like children, Baekhyun?" the CEO interrupted. 
"Chanyeol-" the brown haired man started but the CEO didn't pay him any mind. 
"I suppose I do. I have a six year old niece I occasionally baby sit and I used to do voluntary work at a daycare during high school," Baekhyun answered, still puzzled about how this was of any significance at all. 
"That's good.. That's good.." The CEO simply said and made no eye contact further. 

The brown haired man coughed and nudged the CEO to get back to his thoughts, breaking the awkward silence. 
"Oh, right. You're hired. You can start today if possible, else I'll see you tomorrow here at 9 A.M. sharp. Please don't be late," the CEO said and asked the brown haired man to him outside. 

"Don't mind the questions too much, Mr. Park has his moral reasons to ask such things," the brown haired man said with a smile as they entered the elevator.
"It's alright, I'm just glad I got the job in the first place!" Baekhyun chuckled and smiled. 
"By the way, my name is Kim Junmyeon. I'm the COO of this business but outside of that I'm Chanyeol's close friend from high school," he joked. 
Junmyeon let Baekhyun exit the elevator first before following after, greeting his colleagues that were entering it. 


Baekhyun still didn't have the words to describe his feelings, yet felt iffy about the questions his new boss had asked. 
Why would anyone ask such things during a job interview? It made no sense to him. 
Oh well, he got the job at least and that was what matters. 

The moment he entered his apartment he stumbled over a small package on his doormat. 
"Jesus- What the hell?" he cursed and looked at the package lying at his feet. 
He picked it up carefully, trying to find out where it came from. 
FROM: PCY Enterprises
106-16 Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea 

Confused, he opened the package to find a small gift box and a letter. 
He decided to open the letter first to read it before he'd see what was inside the gift box. 

To: Byun Baekhyun

Congratulations! You have just been hired at PCY Enterprises!

Attached to this letter is a package sent to you by CEO Park himself. 
This letter and package are to welcome you formally to the company 
and prepare you for what's coming.

We wish you good luck and prosperity at your new job! 

- PCY Enterprises 

Baekhyun smiled at the kind gesture and picked up the package. 
He walked towards his dinner table and sat down, undoing the ribbon wrapped around the white gift box.
He opened it and found a picture, a box of chocolates and a note.
On the picture was a man who Baekhyun could recognize as Chanyeol and a young small girl who was sitting on his shoulders, smiling happily. 
He picked up the note and read it carefully. 

Dear Baekhyun, 

This is my daughter, Jihae. 
She's three years old and the light of my life. 
Her identity is absolutely private and secret, as I do not want her exposed to the media at this age. 
As my personal assistant it is your job to pick her up after school and bring her home since I can't do that without causing a commotion. 
I hope this explains my odd questions during the interview, I want nothing but the best for my princess.
Please do not spread this information. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter