Chapter 23

For whom is your love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This is lame.."

Jessica lowered her spoon and chewing her food slowly, eyeing the woman that sit across her.

"You know?" The woman put her chopsticks down and folded her hands over the table. "We've been here many times and you still haven't decide."

Jessica sighed. She knows this woman had it enough for her confusing love story. "I want to be with Taeyeon."

"Well, who doesn't? She's been good to you even after you tell her about using her as your stepping stone for move on." The woman titled her head.

"And the problem is.. we already broke up.."

"She'll get you back in no time, like the usual." The woman took her chopsticks again and put some rice onto .

"She will.. if it's me who ask her to broke up."

"You mean?" The woman tenses. "Don't say that it's her that ask?"

Jessica nods her head and looking down at her meal.

"Great! You're messing with her life."

"Sunny.." Jessica gave her pleaded look. "This is really messed up from the first time but can't I really.."

"What?" Sunny deadpanned. "Now what is it going with your lovely bestfriend? I know you two are up to something." Sunny sharpen her eyes for Jessica.

"I kissed her."

Jessica lowered her head and Sunny shook her head slowly, giving a dissapointed expression.

"Then be with her!" Sunny said in a high tone. She's not amused by Jessica's attitude that being selfish and reckless. "You hurt Taeyeon so many times, Sica.. Many times.."

"But I don't intend to.." Jessica whispered.

"And you're not resist that too!" Sunny let out an exasperated sigh. "Loving and hurting, it will always happen in a relationship. Do you know what I mean?"

Jessica look up to see a frown in Sunny's face.

"Tiffany isn't worth it, Jessica.." Sunny slumped her self onto the seat. "If you love her enough, you'll get the risk for loving her."

"Sun-"

"No! I'm not finish yet. Listen.. You always running away if it's about Tiffany, you've been a coward since God knew how long, you're too protective about her and I can safely say she's just your big obsession, such a sick infatuation."

Jessica glared at Sunny. "You've been with me all this time but why are you accusing me like that?"

"That's true.. Don't ever deny it, as you say that I'm with you all the time so I know you so well. You'll go crazy and do some nonsense if it's about Tiffany.. but you'll more calculated and calm if it's about Taeyeon. You know why?"

Jessica just stunned and held her raising anger in her chest. 

"Because Taeyeon had you live in reality, not a fantasy like Tiffany does."

---------------------

A beautiful fantasy.

Jessica can't take her eyes off from the brunette that sit down in front of her. She can't even utter a word to describe what she's feeling now. Everything is dark in her eyes, except that one person. She can clearly sees her halo, her twinkling eyes, her blushing cheekbones, the flailing arms that inviting her to hold. She sees her fantasy clearly. She sees the woman of her fantasy right in front of her, just a mere step, no, just being an arm to each other.

But Jessica won't dare to reach out for her fantasy. So she snap her head down, trying to clear her fogged mind. She closed her eyes. Sunny's words are ringing again in her ears, making her feel more guilty for doing bad things to Taeyeon. Sunny is right, she thinks.

"Jessi?" 

Jessica let a big sigh before she snapped her head up and flashing her polite smile to the latter.

"Where were you? Daddy had been asking you a while ago but you're not even heard him." Tiffany frowned.

"Fany-ah.. It's okay.. Jessica maybe had many in her plate, besides we're here without telling her beforehand." Mr. Hwang tapped Tiffany's shoulder.

"I'm sorry uncle, but I think I got caught in a few memory back then." Jessica smiles. "Seeing you and Tiffany here, sharing your story to me, feels so nostalgic, and I'm thankful for that." Jessica look straight to Mr. Hwang which Mr. Hwang answered with a nod of understanding.

He knows, Jessica is always treasure her daughter, she always protect her daughter in a way that only her can do that, and he feel blessed. Altough Tiffany had a hard time because of Jessica's sudden departure back then, he knows that Jessica's intention was never bad. Jessica just need to reassure her feeling and be brave, while Tiffany need to realize that she had the mutual feeling for her bestfriend.

"So.. how is life?" Mr. Hwang asked Jessica. "It's been a while."

"Yeah, it is. I'm sorry uncle, I should come to you the day I joined the company but yeah, everything happened and I.."

"It's okay, I understand." Mr. Hwang smiled. "I'm surprised that Tiffany never tell me that you're her boss. Knowing you two are mostly at each others arms back then." Mr. Hwang shared a knowing look to Jessica.

Jessica got the signal. She suddenly remembered the talk they shared from many years ago.

*flashback*

"Aish Oppa! Why are you eating that cake?" Tiffany take the cake harshly from Leo's hand.

"Uhm why?!" Leo had that exaggerated look on his face. "It's already on the table, I thought everyone can eat that! Daddy and Michelle were eating that too a while ago." Leo try to take the cake again.

"The cake is still many, you can slice them with your own. This is for Jessi!"

Leo frowned. "Why it can't be for me? It looks same with the cake anyway, so let me finish that." Leo reach out again.

"No!" Tiffany stepped back. "This piece has a less cream on the surface, and Jessi likes that, like a lot."

"Oh please! Jessi will had anything you stuffed on her face." Leo grab the plate and pull it to his hand.

"Oppa!"

"Fanny-ah!" Michelle screams her lungs out. "Don't you hear the bell is ringing?"

"Oh.." Tiffany pull out herself from the fight. She raised her hand to punch her brother on the back. It makes her brother groan in pain and she walk fast to open the door.

Jessica is at the door, with a bunch of gifts on her hands. 

"Jessi!" Tiffany opened the door and lunged herself to hug her bestfriend.

Jessica grunted, not she dislikes the gesture but just because she's like to bestfriend. "Ow! You should help me first."

"Wow! Those are many!" Tiffany beaming her smile and take some of the gifts from Jessica's.

"That's why people are gathering at christmas, to have many gifts."

"I'm included." Tiffany smiles again.

That day Jessica had to spend her christmas with Tiffany's family. It's not the first time though because Jessica's family are not the typical family that always gathered in christmas, sure they celebrate christmas too but just giving each other gifts or phone call greeting anyway. Jessica don't give much think on that.

"Hi, Jess!" Leo greet Jessica while waving his hand. "Here, have some cakes!" He gestured the cakes on the table. Jessica smiles and come closer to Leo.

"Hi, Oppa. Glad you're here too." Jessica give him a hug.

"Yeah, It's been a while.. You look the same though.."

"Really?"

"Yeah.. Not like the one over there that look like a grandma, cause she's nagging like a grandma too.." Leo narrowed his eyes to Tiffany that come closer to them with a plate and a glass of orange juice in her hands.

"Then you're a grandpa too.." Tiffany rolled her eyes while giving the orange juice to Jessica.

Jessica took the glass and drink it, she sit on the sofa. "Where's uncle and Michelle?" Jessica look around the house before drifted her eyes to Tiffany who is curently slice the cake.

"Michelle is in the kitchen and Dad probably at the backyard." Leo answered and sit down on the sofa too.

"Here.." Tiffany give Jessica the cake. "The grumpy grandpa over there had the cake I slice for you before, so this piece had more cream on it, sorry."

"No, prob.." Jessica take the plate. "Thanks."

"Well, she's been nagging at me because of that."

"Because you clearly know it's Jessi's but you still eat that anyway." Tiffany glared at her brother.

"See? She's so scary.. Don't know why you can put up with her." Leo shrugged and stand up. 

"Oppa!"

Leo just giggling and saying he's gonna do something in his room so it's only Jessica and Tiffany in the living room.

"It's his first christmas after the broke up, right?"

"Hmm.. He looks fine.. Dad and Michelle thought so."

"Yeah.." Jessica took a bite of the cake. "Maybe he's good at hiding his feeling."

"Well, maybe it's just an easy relationship, so he doesn't get the after broke up effect."

Jessica noded. "Maybe.."

"Jessi?"

"Hmm.."

"Merry Christmas.." Tiffany look straight at Jessica's brown eyes with her sweet smile and a tint of redness on her cheek.

Jessica stunned for a while before avert her eyes from Tiffany and continue to eat the cake. Tiffany, knowing that Jessica become speechless just smile to her self. She knows, she had that effect on Jessica and Jess

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter