Chapter 22

For whom is your love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica's lying on her bed. She sighed and look up to the watch on her wall, 11 p.m. but her self doesn't feel sleepy. She had taken a bath in a hot bathub with some of aromatic oil to relax her tired self but it's not really working. 

 

She sighed again and sat up on her bed, reach up for her phone and mindlessly playing it. She want to call someone but doesn't know who she want to talk to. Definitely not Taeyeon. 

 

Jessica knows, she had let Taeyeon down for many times already but she doesn't know that it will still hurt to feel when Taeyeon decide to break up. Maybe that's why we can't take everything for granted, because when it's gone, the regret will always hunt you down. 

 

Jessica sighed and started to scroll her contacts, searching for someone to talk. There's no one in her contacts, she concluded, but her fingers mindlessly keep scrolling until her eyes caught up a stranger name on it.

 

My Favourite.

 

Who could it be? She never name her contact with a weird name, yet this is.

 

One face come to her vision.

 

Oh... Maybe.. Jessica thought to her self and ring the phone, way to confirm her suspicions.

 

"Jessi?"

 

Right.. This American Girl..

 

"I don't remember I had your name as 'my favourite' in my contact.." Jessica speak up through the phone.

 

Tiffany laughed on the other side and it makes Jessica's lips twitched, she loves to hear that kind of sound.

 

"I'm sorry, I sneaked to write my number on your phone.. I don't know you still using this number though. If I know you never change it then I wouldn't sneaked up."

 

"It sounds like you.. Using my phone like yours." Jessica chuckled.

 

"Bad habits die hard, doesn't it?"

 

"Yeah, it does." Jessica whispered. "Steph, why aren't you sleeping?"

 

"You too.."

 

"I'm asking you.."

 

"Where's your 'hey yo partner, no need to say' ?" Tiffany asked.

 

"Admit it or not, we're not that close anymore."

 

There's silence for a while before Tiffany replied with a hurtful tone. "Yeah, right.. I'm not even your favourite like many years ago."

 

"You've been my only favourite, Stephanie.. Don't ever doubt it.."

 

"Even with Taeyeon?"

 

Jessica sighed. "You still not asleep?" She dodged the question, hoping Tiffany will dismiss the topic.

 

"Hmm.. Do you want to sleep now? Then go ahead.." Tiffany pull her blanket closer, suddenly she felt her self chilling.

 

"Sleep can wait."

 

"Really? You change so much, you know that?"

 

"Hmm..I'm mature enough to hold my sleepiness."

 

"Sounds great.." Tiffany scoffed. "What are you doing?"

 

"Just lying.. Why can't you sleep?"

 

"Just because.."

 

Jessica can hear the heavy breath Tiffany's let out. She know, they're going to touch the topic, soon.

 

"Jessi.." Tiffany whispered.

 

"Hmm..?" Jessica shifted in her bed, leaning her back on several pillows.

 

"Will you come over to my house? I bet Daddy will very happy to see you.." Tiffany pondered as She sat up on her bed, pulling her knees over the chest.

 

"Do you want me to come over?" Jessica carress her own temple, wondering how many hearts she need to broke for reaching her own happiness.

 

"Of course.. Unnie will love to see you too, but don't hope to see Leo Oppa though, he's in Phillipines."

 

"Oh, what is he doing?"

 

"He's already married.." Tiffany rest her back on the bedrest. "See? You really lost many news from us, better pay it now." Tiffany smile, at least she can have Jessica around her for a while.

 

"Do you want me to?" Jessica lay on her side.

 

"Argh, Jessi.. What's with you? Always asking my opinion, it's so not you." Tiffany slumped her self and cross her leg.

 

"Because your opinion is matter." Jessica lay on her arm, she doesn't want to hurt Tiffany's further. At least not her, because she already hurt 2 persons in a row.

 

"Jessi.."

 

"Yes?"

 

"Why don't you asking me about our moment?"

 

"Which moment?" Jessica look at distant, fully aware what moment Tiffany talked about.

 

"When you kiss me.." Tiffany whispered and lay down again on her bed, curling.

 

"Oh.."

 

"Oh..?" Tiffany slightly raised her voice.

 

"Do you want to talk about it?" Jessica sat up her bed, getting ready to this serious talk.

 

"Do you think it's worth a time to talk?"

 

"You're worth everything to me, Steph.. Remember that." Jessica look at her front, held her gaze steady as if she can see Tiffany on the other side.

 

"Jessi..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter