CHAPTER 22 REAL LAST CHAPTER

Calm Snow

SinB was still emotionally shocked by the sudden departure of the reason why she went back to the castle. She hadn’t spoken a word since Umji and Yuju left. And Sowon was respecting her silence. SinB had sat on the sofa when Sowon came back with a cup filled with wine in each hand. She handed one to SinB who took it without saying anything. Then Sowon went to sit in the sofa in front of SinB. 

 

  • Why did you stay ? asked Sowon as if she knew that SinB hadn’t told the real reason or rather hadn’t said all the reasons. 

 

SinB looked at Sowon whose serious face show how serious her question was. So SinB sighed before revealing her everything. 

 

  • Because I didn’t want to let you suffer alone. We’re the same, our magic made us in this situation. In other words, we are in this together. 

 

  • When will you finally acknowledged the fact that we are totally different ? Our magics have nothing in common: I am cursed while you … you are blessed with a guardian angel protecting you from me. Yet, you still choose to stay here in the castle of your parents’ assassin. On top of that, with the woman who turned your fairytale into a nightmare just by losing her little sister in the forest. You can still catch up with them if you go now. So leave all of this in the past SinB and live a new thrilling life. 

 

  • I could say the same for you. 

 

  • Maybe but I don’t deserve to have this chance. I mean I have enough blood on my hands. How am I gonna live peacefully after that ?

 

  • You weren’t aware of what that magic was doing. You weren’t the one who did all these outrageous acts. The magic did. Even though it was your body, your mind wasn’t controlling it. 

 

  • Yes but I am the queen. I can’t let my kingdom falls down. 

 

  • Open your eyes: you can’t save your kingdom. 

 

  • I can’t run away like a thief. I need to show the example and stay strong for my people.

 

  • Then who I am … me the only person who had survived the fall of the Snow Kingdom. 

 

  • You survived because my parents abducted you and because of your magic. 

 

  • Then you will say that the Sun Kingdom has abducted you … 

 

Sowon laughed but it was a genuine laugh. 

 

  • Why are you laughing ? asked SinB 

 

  • Did you just hear what you said ? Pretend that I had been abducted by the Sun Kingdom … that’s just so funny ! 

 

  • I am serious, said SinB with a serious tone but she was also blushing. 

 

  • Omo, look at you … you’re so cute when you’re pretending to be serious. said Sowon with a cute voice. 

 

SinB frowned but at the same time she widened her eyes, and Sowon thought that she really looked cute with that face.  Sowon stood up and took SinB’s hand. The latter let her do so even though she was confused. Sowon led them to her bedroom. Once there, they sat on the bed and SinB didn’t know if it was the wine but she started to feel hot.

 

  • Sorry if I have dragged you with me but I just wanted to go to bed. I am tired. confessed Sowon 

 

So, Sowon just didn’t want to let SinB alone in the living-room. It was an innocent action but why had SinB thought of another reason … something less innocent. SinB blamed it on that cup of wine. 

 

  • Oh if you want to sleep too, you can. said Sowon while patting the empty space beside her on the bed. 

 

SinB found herself accepting and moving beside Sowon before she could even consider the option. None of them said a word and it was maybe better like this. SinB felt herself peacefully fall asleep and she was sure that Sowon was watching her do so. Soon she felt a warm hand grabbed hers and a warm breath near her lips. She opened up her eyes and saw Sowon’s face just inches away. She was asleep and SinB just couldn’t stop from contemplating her peaceful and beautiful face. She looked at her eyes then her nose and finally she stopped at her lips. SinB get lost in it so much that she didn’t notice Sowon's open eyes and how both of them were approaching each other lips. They were moving with the same rhythm, and it’s with perfect harmony that their lips collided with each other.
The feeling resulting from that action was indescribable. Euphoric was the explosion of the perfect mix and amount of Fire and Ice. The speed quickly rose to it maximum as their lips were now practically eating each others. But at first no one was leading nor losing the battle. No everything was balanced. However, some seconds after - and it was maybe because of the lack of air - the now red-haired Sowon was trying to get on top of the now blond SinB. And that energy wasn’t a sign of lust. No, it was rather a battle - a real one this time - between the two magics. It was as if one was trying to take away all the air of the other one. And SinB was almost surrendering. « That’s it Sowon, make SinB surrender to me » the eye-closed Sowon heard. It was her black magic again. She had never been able to resist it. But not this time. No, she thought about everything SinB had told her concerning the way to ignore the voice. Sowon opened her eyes and seeing SinB on the verge of giving in, made her break the frenetic and dangerous kiss. That’s it she did it. She managed to stop the dark magic with her own will. However, SinB wasn’t unscathed as she looked weak. 

 

  • SinB, I am so sorry. Sowon said with tears in her eyes. 

 

  • Sowon … you … did … it ! managed to say SinB with a weak smile. Her eyes were on the verge of closing again. 

 

  • SinB don’t close your eyes ! Please stay with me. panicked Sowon. Was SinB dying ? Sowon didn’t know but seeing SinB in that state made her imagine the worst. 

 

Plus, SinB’s hair had gotten black. It was like her magic had disappeared in the process. Instead SinB’s eyes were bloodshot. Had she been infected by the dark magic ? If that’s the case, it means that she has surrendered to it. 

 

  • My queen ! entered a guard without even having knocked at the door. 

 

Sowon was just too worried to even listen to him. 

 

  • My queen ! The fire is near the castle. Look out the windows. he warned while pointing at the view outside. 


The mountains on the horizon were burning with the unstoppable magic fire. It was coming towards the castle. 

 

  • My queen. What should we do ? he asked hopeless. 

 

Sowon started to speak: 

 

  • Let us ...

 

But that was the last thing SinB heard before - not the fire yet - but the darkness consumed her mind. 

 

 

 

 

 

 


« And this is how the tragic life of Calm Snow ended. After having survived to the worse events: the death of her parents, the lost of her entire family and her kingdom’s fall. I guess love and empathy made her stayed and she is surely now resting in peace in some mysterious place. Though, it is still an enigma how she managed to defy the white magic inside of her that had always successfully protected her until then. 

But I guess the queen of the mountain Sowon who was possessed by a dark magic - the enemy of SinB’s magic - was her weakness. Just like Yewon was Sowon’s weakness. » 

 

  • Who’s Yewon ?

 

  • But I have already told you, Yewon is Sowon’s little sister. Sowon lost her in the forest when they were only children. Since then, Sowon’s kingdom became envious of the Snow kingdom’s royal family which was loved by their citizens and living peacefully with their only child SinB. So they attacked them. And this is how the war began. SinB is the only one who had survived while she was the only one unaware of what was really happening - her parents hid the war from her and made her live a fake fairytale. She survived thanks to her magic and having been abducted by Sowon’s parents. Now it is time to sleep. 

 

  • I really want to hear another story. But it can wait tomorrow. said the boy before adding: Thank you Umji ! 

 

 

 

THE END BUT THERE IS A SURPRISE