Leather Jacket Day

Through Her Eyes (2Yeon)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're kidding me. Sana is going to be performing in the talent show?"

Nayeon scribbled down more notes from Chemistry that she recorded from her phone that was laying untouched on her desk. She was relief and a good thing the teacher spoke clearly. Nayeon could feel the words she wrote down just by the movement of her hands. Not all of her senses her completely lost. She felt that the other senses were heightened just because she lost one of them. To her, perhaps it was to make up for the lost.

"Yeah, I heard it from a punch of freshmen. They're like her fanbase or something." Jeongyeon scoffed. "A bunch of sad ducklings, if ya ask me."

"I would've never guessed that she has a "fanbase," Nayeon air-quoted with her fingers. "But she extremely is popular. I think half the school drools over her." Nayeon chuckled, shaking my head.

"She ain't that hot." Jeongyeon rebutted, spitting out a piece of her game. The pair laughed.

"Are you living under a rock? Have you seen Sana Minatozaki?"

"Umm..have you?" Jeongyeon laughed even louder, choking on air.

Nayeon faked a gasp, dropping her pencil to hold a hand over her heart in utter shock. "That's another point to how many times you've casually insulted me."

"Okay, but to be honest. I didn't expect that to come out so randomly." Jeongyeon looked behind her shoulder, towards Nayeon who was still scrawling notes.

Nayeon laughed, sighing out loud and cold air blew back to her face. She imagined her breath would turn into a cluster of white smoke as she puffed out her boredom with heavy sighs. The day was young; short and tedious with a hint of dreariness.

The air was chilly and the clouds were blocking the sun, bringing only the light in the sky. Autumn leaves falling; the sound of them crunching, when people step on them could be heard. Thanks to Nayeon's sudden bionic hearing, she thought it sounded like cereal and when it comes in contact with milk. The weather gave her a somewhat Twilight ambiance.

The twosome was on the bleachers at the football field, doing some class work. Nayeon was actually doing work while Jeongyeon was watching the football players and cheerleaders practice. They didn't exactly understand why they would always come there to hang out since Nayeon's biggest bullies practically owned the entire playing field, but it was just as much as theirs as anyone else's.

"Anyways, if anything. You're WAY hotter than she is, Nabongs."

"What? Now you're being delusional, Jeong."

Nayeon shook her head, leaning against the bleachers and kicking her feet back to get comfortable in the frosty weather.

"Hey! But I am serious. You're amazing personality could never compete with her."

"My oh-so-amazing personality is the only thing she doesn't have then?"

Nayeon already know the answer to her own question. Many people, including Sana, never liked her for her disability to begin with. She could remember the day when she first came to the school like it was yesterday. That was also the day when she met Tzuyu for the first time and their encounter wasn't pleasant.

"Hey, blind girl. Gimme your lunch or I'll punch the out of you." A smaller version of Tzuyu came up to Nayeon, fists ready to aim when instructed.

The tall girl's voice was threatening and booming in the high school cafeteria. Nayeon hadn't been there for about 20 minutes and she was already fighting with Tzuyu like cats and dogs; or Tzuyu was the one trying to pick a fight with a brick wall. She barked out more incoherent things towards her while Nayeon sat there, quietly munching on her tuna sandwich.

"Sorry but I just finished my second sandwich. My dad made is specially for me." Nayeon shrugged off any vile attempt Tzuyu made towards her.

Nayeon was not really that excited for school anyways. The thought of being homeschooled for the rest of her life didn't sound so bad. She had no friends so she wouldn't miss much of anything from a public school. She also hated special treatment.

"If you want her lunch, you're gonna have to go through me first, peppero stick." Jeongyeon slammed her hand down on the table, getting up on the table. She stared down at Tzuyu who was now looking up at Jeongyeon.

"I'll fight you for that tuna sandwich, mushroom head."

Sinking deeper into the bench, Nayeon girl mutely stared at the two as they bickered back and forth. Why was Jeongyeon fighting for me just for a sandwich? Nayeon felt terrible knowing that Jeongyeon might get in trouble.

Her gut-feeling was proved to be correct when Tzuyu fell to the ground, holding her nose. Blood was slowly dripping down from it. Nayeon stared in horror at Jeongyeon's busted lip. Another tall girl ran to Tzuyu, crouching down.

"Tzuyu! Oh my baby!" The brown haired girl looked away from Tzuyu's bleeding nose to stare at Jeongyeon and I. She had a sharp sour face.

Tzuyu coughed twice and the girl briskly lifted her up. "I-I'm fine, Sana. Just buy me some tuna."

"Okay okay. All this trouble for a sandwich. You could've told me." The brown haired girl, now named Sana, scolded Tzuyu on the way to the nurse's office.

"Yup, yup. She totally hates my guts." Nayeon let out a deep sigh, harking back to that memory with Jeongyeon.

Reaching far back to stretch her sore muscles, a part of Jeongyeon's back faultily popped . "Ow, my back. Just popped my back. Gosh I'm getting old."

"I'm rubbing my painful back now."

Nayeon laughed loudly, possibly too loud that the jocks were able to hear her from across the field. Once Jeongyeon found out she was blind during the first day of middle school, she instantly became her friend. She first sat in front of Nayeon and said hi during lunch time. Jeongyeon always stood up for Nayeon when everyone else hated her and bulled her. They've been inseparable ever since. Jeongyeon was her rock and Nayeon couldn't imagine where she'd be without her.

Just like her parents, Jeongyeon told her everything that she was doing and literally everything. As much as Nayeon wanted to admit that she loved her but Jeongyeon takes it too far. Sometimes, when they're in the bathroom, Jeongyeon would try to tell her very spe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter